1. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
4. English economist noted for his studies of international trade and finance (born in 1907).
9. Voluntary contributions to aid the poor.
13. Someone who engages in arbitrage (who purchases securities in one market for immediate resale in another in the hope of profiting from the price differential).
16. The former capital and 2nd largest city of Brazil.
17. Port city of Denmark in eastern Jutland.
18. The rate of moving (especially walking or running).
19. 10 hao equal 1 dong.
20. French biochemist who (with Francois Jacob) explained how genes are activated and suggested the existence of messenger RNA (1910-1976).
22. (ecology) The process by which a plant or animal becomes established in a new habitat.
23. A series of things depending on each other as if linked together.
25. Speaking a Slavic language.
27. Possible to sell.
29. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
30. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
33. Clothing of a distinctive style or for a particular occasion.
34. A white trivalent metallic element.
36. Antipsychotic drug (trade name Moban) used in the treatment of schizophrenia.
38. A central point or locus of an infection in an organism.
41. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
44. A selective-serotonin reuptake inhibitor commonly prescribed as an antidepressant (trade name Prozac).
46. The 17th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
47. A rare soft orange mineral consisting of arsenic sulphide.
49. An adherent of any branch of Taoism.
50. Any member of Athapaskan tribes that migrated to the southwestern desert (from Arizona to Texas and south into Mexico).
52. An important question that is in dispute and must be settled.
53. Report or maintain.
55. A bachelor's degree in science.
56. Having a toe or toes of a specified kind.
57. Obscene terms for female genitals.
60. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
62. Committee formed by a special-interest group to raise money for their favorite political candidates.
63. A soft yellowish-white trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
64. A United Nations agency created to assist developing nations by loans guaranteed by member governments.
65. (Polynesian) An alcoholic drink made from the aromatic roots of the kava shrub.
68. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
71. An audiotape recording of sound.
73. By bad luck.
74. (Scotland) A small loaf or roll of soft bread.
76. Hard greenish-brown wood of the lignum vitae tree and other trees of the genus Guaiacum.
79. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
80. An uproarious party.
82. Being one more than fifty.
83. A unit of energy equal to the work done by an electron accelerated through a potential difference of 1 volt.
84. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
86. Jordan's port.
91. The capital of Belarus and of the Commonwealth of Independent States.
94. Powerful mackerel shark of the Atlantic and Pacific.
97. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
98. Agitation resulting from active worry.
99. A form of energy that is transferred by a difference in temperature.
101. A guided missile fired from shipboard against an airborne target.
102. A characteristic sound.
103. Give over.
104. Small European freshwater fish with a slender bluish-green body.
105. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Weapons considered collectively.
2. Any of a class of alcohols having 2 hydroxyl groups in each molecule.
3. The Teutonic god of thunder.
4. (informal) Roused to anger.
5. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
6. Having the leading position or higher score in a contest.
7. French artist who immigrated to the United States.
8. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
9. Type genus of the Apidae.
10. Baked dish of layers of lasagna pasta with sauce and cheese and meat or vegetables.
11. One million periods per second.
12. Mark as different.
13. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
14. A barrier consisting of a horizontal bar and supports.
15. Consisting of or made up of bone.
21. Extreme excess.
24. The type of environment in which an organism or group normally lives or occurs.
26. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
28. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
31. indicate by signs.
32. On a ship, train, plane or other vehicle.
35. A pause or interruption (as in a conversation).
37. Relating to or containing the azo radical.
39. A state of violent disturbance and disorder (as in politics or social conditions generally).
40. The vessel that contains the seeds of a plant (not the seeds themselves).
42. A girl or young woman who is unmarried.
43. How long something has existed.
45. Any of several plants of the genus Manihot having fleshy roots yielding a nutritious starch.
48. A motley assortment of things.
51. A brittle aromatic resin used in varnishes.
54. Love of or taste for fine objects of art.
58. A resource.
59. A Loloish language.
61. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
66. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
67. Important for human and animal food.
69. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
70. A city and port in northern Jutland.
71. (informal) Roused to anger.
72. Being in competition.
75. Perennial herb of East India to Polynesia and Australia cultivated for its large edible root yielding Otaheite arrowroot starch.
77. Expose to fresh air, as of old clothing.
78. The wrist bone in line with the 4th and 5th fingers.
81. Similar to the giraffe but smaller with much shorter neck and stripe on the legs.
85. Squash bugs.
86. Being nine more than forty.
87. A Kwa language spoken in Ghana and the Ivory Coast.
88. The work of caring for or attending to someone or something.
89. In bed.
90. King of Saudi Arabia since 1982 (born in 1922).
92. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
93. God of love and erotic desire.
95. A fluorocarbon with chlorine.
96. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
97. A radioactive gaseous element formed by the disintegration of radium.
100. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.