1. The seventh and last day of the week.
4. An inflammatory swelling or sore.
9. A vigorous blow.
13. A fluorocarbon with chlorine.
16. Electronic equipment that provides visual images of varying electrical quantities.
17. Type genus of the Percidae.
18. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
19. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
20. The month following July and preceding September.
21. A woman of refinement.
22. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
23. 4-wheeled motor vehicle.
24. Slanting diagonally across the grain of a fabric.
26. The event of dying or departure from life.
28. A person who makes deceitful pretenses.
30. A city and port in northern Jutland.
32. (Greek mythology) The rarified fluid said to flow in the veins of the Gods.
34. Take to be the case or to be true.
37. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
39. An unpleasant or disastrous destiny.
42. Hard strong durable yellowish-brown wood of teak trees.
43. Any maneuver made as part of progress toward a goal.
47. A branch of the Tai languages.
48. An artificial language for international use that rejects rejects all existing words and is based instead on an abstract analysis of ideas.
49. Someone who engages in arbitrage (who purchases securities in one market for immediate resale in another in the hope of profiting from the price differential).
50. The muscular back part of the shank.
51. Hormone released by the hypothalamus that controls the release of thyroid-stimulating hormone from the anterior pituitary.
53. English actor noted for his portrayals of Shakespeare's great tragic characters (1789-1833).
55. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
57. (Greek mythology) The virgin goddess of the hunt and the moon.
59. Beyond what is natural.
60. Type genus of the Anatidae.
61. French painter (born in Hungary) who was a pioneer of op art (1908-1997).
62. A sudden abrupt pull.
63. A course of conduct.
64. Pleasant or pleasing or agreeable in nature or appearance.
65. With eagerness.
67. A public promotion of some product or service.
70. Lacking excess flesh.
71. A long projecting or anterior elongation of an animal's head.
74. The property of being large in mass.
76. Characterized by lightness and insubstantiality.
77. An organism especially a bacterium that requires air or free oxygen for life.
80. A rapid series of short loud sounds (as might be heard with a stethoscope in some types of respiratory disorders).
82. Large primitive predatory aquatic insect having two pairs of membranous wings.
84. (informal) Being satisfactory or in satisfactory condition.
85. Made agreeably cold (especially by ice).
88. Of or related to puberty.
90. Elastic straps that hold trousers up (usually used in the plural).
92. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
93. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
94. Having help.
96. A writer of poems (the term is usually reserved for writers of good poetry).
98. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
99. Protective outer layer of seeds of flowering plants.
100. (prefix) In front of or before in space.
101. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
1. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
2. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
3. A one-piece cloak worn by men in ancient Rome.
4. (music) The pace of music measured by the number of beats occurring in 60 seconds.
5. Not treated with lead.
6. A unit of dry measure used in Egypt.
7. Small tropical American tree bearing edible plumlike fruit.
8. A person who gives a name or names.
9. South African term for `boss'.
10. Of or relating to apnea.
11. (British) Your grandmother.
12. A drawing illustrating the relations between certain quantities plotted with reference to a set of axes.
13. A linear unit of the size of type slightly larger than an em.
14. A married German woman.
15. One of a set of small pieces of stiff paper marked in various ways and used for playing games or for telling fortunes.
25. A member of the Algonquian people living in Wisconsin the Fox River valley and the shores of Green Bay.
27. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
29. The form of ratbite fever occurring in the Far East.
31. Before noon.
33. Chinese evergreen conifer discovered in 1955.
35. A musical composition in several movements.
36. A midnight meeting of witches to practice witchcraft and sorcery.
38. Gracefully slender.
40. Of or relating to an oracle.
41. Having one wife at a time.
44. A large faint constellation in the southern hemisphere containing most of the Small Magellanic Cloud.
45. Genus of powdery mildews.
46. Distinctive and stylish elegance.
52. Aroused to impatience or anger.
54. The principal dish of a meal.
56. United States tennis player who was the first Black to win United States and English singles championships (1943-1993).
58. Arboreal amphibians usually having adhesive disks at the tip of each toe.
66. Oil palms.
68. Old Scottish breed of small long-haired usually black terrier with erect tail and ears.
69. A member of an Indian people formerly living along the Gulf coast of Louisiana and Texas.
70. Of or relating to apnea.
72. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
73. The mountain peak that Noah's ark landed on as the waters of the great flood receded.
75. Small needle-like appendage.
78. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
79. Beads threaded on a string.
81. A sharp hooked claw especially on a bird of prey.
83. The outermost (and toughest) of the 3 meninges.
86. Very dark black.
87. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
89. A serve that strikes the net before falling into the receiver's court.
91. A member of the Shoshonean people of Utah and Colorado and New Mexico.
95. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
97. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.