1. One millionth of a gram.
4. A riblike part of a plant or animal (such as a middle rib of a leaf or a thickened vein of an insect wing).
9. The property of distance in general.
13. A guided missile fired from shipboard against an airborne target.
16. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
17. Perennial northern temperate plant with toothed leaves and heads of small purplish-white flowers.
18. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
19. Used of a single unit or thing.
20. The general atmosphere of a place or situation and the effect that it has on people.
22. Not to be trusted.
23. Extinct flightless bird of New Zealand.
24. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
25. A long depression in the surface of the land that usually contains a river.
27. Formalwear consisting of full evening dress for men.
29. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
31. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
32. A person who evokes boredom.
35. (Sumerian) Sun god.
40. Any organic compound formed by adding alcohol molecules to aldehyde molecules.
42. Minute floating marine tunicate having a transparent body with an opening at each end.
44. Hinge joint in the human leg connecting the tibia and fibula with the femur and protected in front by the patella.
45. Station where transport vehicles load or unload passengers or goods.
48. A radioactive element of the alkali-metal group discovered as a disintegration product of actinium.
49. The upper side of the thighs of a seated person.
50. Any of several tropical American trees of the genus Andira.
51. The capital of Western Samoa.
53. An associate degree in nursing.
56. A state in northwestern North America.
57. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
58. A person with the same name as another.
62. Consisting of or involving two parts or components usually in pairs.
63. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
65. Type genus of the Alaudidae.
67. A step in walking or running.
69. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
71. An affirmative.
72. The corporate executive responsible for the operations of the firm.
74. A toxic nonmetallic element related to sulfur and tellurium.
75. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
79. A public promotion of some product or service.
84. (plate tectonic theory) A hypothetical continent including all the landmass of the earth prior to the Triassic period when it split into Laurasia and Gondwanaland.
86. Imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time) from 206 BC to 221 and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy.
89. A strip of land projecting into a body of water.
91. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
92. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
93. Italian violin maker in Cremona.
94. Group of people related by blood or marriage.
95. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
96. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
97. A genus of delicate ferns belonging to the family Osmundaceae.
98. The arch of bone beneath the eye that forms the prominence of the cheek.
99. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
2. City in southwestern Colombia in a rich agricultural area.
3. One-hundredth of a right angle.
4. The sound made by a pigeon v 1.
5. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (trade names Orudis or Orudis KT or Oruvail).
6. A chock or bar wedged under a wheel or between the spokes to prevent a vehicle from rolling down an incline.
7. A light strong gray lustrous corrosion-resistant metallic element used in strong light-weight alloys (as for airplane parts).
8. (prefix) In front of or before in space.
9. Time during which some action is awaited.
10. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
11. A town in south central Washington.
12. United States space station.
13. A constitutional monarchy on the western part of the islands of Samoa in the South Pacific.
14. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
15. The flesh of animals (including fishes and birds and snails) used as food.
21. A region of northeastern Italy on the Adriatic.
26. A city in western Switzerland.
28. A Bantu language spoken by the Chaga people in northern Tanzania.
30. Something that bulges out or is protuberant or projects from a form.
33. A skilled worker who can live in underwater installations and participate in scientific research.
34. A fabric with prominent rounded crosswise ribs.
36. The taste experience when a savoury condiment is taken into the mouth.
37. An island in Indonesia east of Java.
38. The area of a baseball field that is enclosed by 3 bases and home plate.
39. Flavored with sour orange peel.
41. An autonomous area in northeastern Greece that is the site of several Greek Orthodox monasteries founded in the tenth century.
43. Genus of chiefly small rock-loving ferns.
46. A form of Japanese poetry.
47. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
52. A Pacific island north of Australia.
54. Any cognitive content held as true.
55. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
59. Made from residue of grapes or apples after pressing.
60. Distinguish oneself.
61. A formal expression of praise.
64. An ancient kingdom in northern Mesopotamia which is in present-day Iraq.
66. Type genus of the Lycaenidae.
68. An uproarious party.
70. A person forced to flee from home or country.
73. Causing fear or dread or terror.
76. Strike with disgust or revulsion.
77. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
78. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
80. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
81. Projectiles to be fired from a gun.
82. A door-like movable barrier in a fence or wall.
83. Electronic warfare undertaken to insure effective friendly use of the electromagnetic spectrum in spite of the enemy's use of electronic warfare.
85. Offering fun and gaiety.
87. Resonance of protons to radiation in a magnetic field.
88. The seventh and last day of the week.
89. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
90. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
91. Informal terms for a mother.