1. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
4. A borough in Scotland.
9. Willing to face danger.
13. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
16. A boy or man.
17. (Hindu) A manner of sitting (as in the practice of Yoga).
18. (Greek mythology) Goddess of discord.
19. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
20. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
22. Capital and largest city of Indonesia.
25. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
26. Unworthiness by virtue of lacking higher values.
27. Wading birds of warm regions having long slender down-curved bills.
28. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
29. 16 ounces.
31. God of wealth and love.
32. United States poet and critic (1899-1979).
36. Beside one another in a row or rank.
38. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
42. Capital and largest city of Togo.
46. Little known Kamarupan languages.
47. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
50. A legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body.
52. A narrow headband or strip of ribbon worn as a headband.
53. A modified leaf or leaflike part just below and protecting an inflorescence.
54. Arranged in or consisting of laminae.
57. Minute aquatic herbs floating on or below the water surface of still water consisting of a leaflike frond or plant body and single root.
59. Not only so, but.
60. The father of your father or mother.
62. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
63. Resonance of protons to radiation in a magnetic field.
64. A river in northern Italy that flows southeast into the Adriatic Sea.
65. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
69. Prokaryotic bacteria and blue-green algae and various primitive pathogens.
71. Type genus of the Coerebidae.
75. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
76. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
79. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
80. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
81. Practicing complete abstinence from alcoholic beverages.
85. Compulsively or physiologically dependent on something habit-forming.
90. A port in southwestern Scotland.
91. A wheeled vehicle adapted to the rails of railroad.
93. Canna grown especially for its edible rootstock from which arrowroot starch is obtained.
94. Range of what one can know or understand.
95. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
96. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
98. Similar or related in quality or character.
99. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
100. A girl or young woman who is unmarried.
101. Scottish philosopher of common sense who opposed the ideas of David Hume (1710-1796).
102. Plant having a large slender white bulb and flat overlapping dark green leaves.
1. The process of combustion of inflammable materials producing heat and light and (often) smoke.
2. (Irish) Chief god of the Tuatha De Danann.
3. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
4. The cry made by sheep.
5. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
6. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
7. Grind together, of teeth.
8. Australian shrubs and small trees with evergreen usually spiny leaves and dense clusters of showy flowers.
9. Small genus of hairy herbs with yellow flowers.
10. Studies intended to provide general knowledge and intellectual skills (rather than occupational or professional skills).
11. Filled with vapor.
12. A radioactive transuranic element produced by bombarding plutonium with neutrons.
13. Jordan's port.
14. The Jewish rite of circumcision performed on a male child on the eighth day of his life.
15. A large and imposing house.
21. A landlocked republic in southern central Africa.
23. A resident of Anjou.
24. Of or relating to a legal title to something.
30. A heavy brittle diamagnetic trivalent metallic element (resembles arsenic and antimony chemically).
33. Real property held inalienably (as by an ecclesiastical corporation).
34. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
35. An atom or molecule or radical or ion that forms a complex around a central atom.
37. English economist who argued that the laws of supply and demand should operate in a free market (1772-1823).
39. Type genus of the Tetraonidae.
40. Norwegian mathematician (1802-1829).
41. (Jungian psychology) The inner self (not the external persona) that is in touch with the unconscious.
43. A chronic disease of the nose characterized by a foul-smelling nasal discharge and atrophy of nasal structures.
44. Tropical American feather palm having a swollen spiny trunk and edible nuts.
45. Hold spellbound.
48. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
49. A hemoprotein composed of globin and heme that gives red blood cells their characteristic color.
51. Located below or beneath something else.
55. Serve oneself to, or consume regularly.
56. A public promotion of some product or service.
58. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
61. A person forced to flee from home or country.
66. (computer science) A coding system that incorporates extra parity bits in order to detect errors.
67. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
68. Of or relating to Passover or Easter.
69. Jordan's port.
70. Remote city of Kazakhstan that (ostensibly for security reasons) was made the capital in 1998.
72. A card game for 2 players.
73. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
74. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
77. An effortful attempt to attain a goal.
78. A republic in southeastern Europe on the southern part of the Balkan peninsula.
79. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
82. Having an eye or eyes or eyelike feature especially as specified.
83. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
84. Using speech rather than writing.
86. Any of a group of Indic languages spoken in Kashmir and eastern Afghanistan and northern Pakistan.
87. A crude uncouth ill-bred person lacking culture or refinement.
88. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
89. Unpleasantly cool and humid.
92. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
97. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
98. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.