1. Type genus of the Apidae.
5. A small island.
9. The handle of a weapon or tool.
13. A vinyl polymer used especially in paints or adhesives.
16. (obstetrics) The number of live-born children a woman has delivered.
17. A correctional institution used to detain persons who are in the lawful custody of the government (either accused persons awaiting trial or convicted persons serving a sentence).
18. The persistence of a sound after its source has stopped.
19. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
20. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
21. The word class that qualifies verbs or clauses.
23. Reduction or lack of an immune response to a specific antigen.
25. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
26. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
28. A journey by a large group to escape from a hostile environment.
30. Relating to or associated with or comprising a convolution of the brain.
31. Any of several Orthodox Jewish sects who reject modern secular culture and many of whom do not recognize the spiritual authority of the modern state of Israel.
33. Lower in esteem.
35. An insecticide that is also toxic to animals and humans.
38. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
39. Lighted up by or as by fire or flame.
41. The habitation of wild animals.
45. Tall woody perennial grasses with hollow slender stems especially of the genera Arundo and Phragmites.
47. A white trivalent metallic element.
49. Tropical American tree producing cacao beans.
50. In addition.
51. A unit of area (4840 square yards) used in English-speaking countries.
52. A slight amount or degree of difference.
53. An ancient town on Crete where Bronze Age culture flourished from about 2000 BC to 1400 BC.
55. Of deserts of northern Africa and southern Asia.
58. Botswanan statesman who was the first president of Botswana (1921-1980).
59. The sixth month of the civil year.
60. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
62. A police officer who investigates crimes.
63. At a previous time.
64. A river that rises in northern Colombia and flows generally eastward to the Orinoco in central Venezuela.
67. A light informal meal.
70. Used of a single unit or thing.
72. Being nine more than forty.
78. A fellow female member of a youth gang.
81. Cactus of the southwestern United States and northern Mexico having edible juicy fruit.
85. An edilbe seaweed with a mild flavor.
86. A nonflammable liquid (trade name Ethrane) used as an inhalation general anesthetic.
88. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
89. A language unit by which a person or thing is known.
91. A fractional monetary unit of several countries.
93. How long something has existed.
94. A material effigy that is worshipped as a god.
95. Emblem usually consisting of a rectangular piece of cloth of distinctive design.
96. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
97. A loud harsh or strident noise.
1. A domed or vaulted recess or projection on a building especially the east end of a church.
2. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
3. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
4. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
5. One of the most common of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
6. The 18th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
7. Held dear.
8. Resembling or characteristic of or appropriate to an elegy.
9. Of or relating to the language of the Hebrews.
10. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
11. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
12. Any of various devices for taking hold of objects.
13. Queen of England as the 6th wife of Henry VIII (1512-1548).
14. Prolific Spanish playwright (1562-1635).
15. Any group or radical of the form RCO- where R is an organic group.
22. A state in New England.
24. Any of the short curved hairs that grow from the edges of the eyelids.
27. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
29. The condition of having no arms.
32. A Black youth subculture and religious movement that arose in the ghettos of Kingston, Jamaica, in the 1950s.
34. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
36. A corticosteroid drug (trade names Decadron or Dexamethasone Intensol or Dexone or Hexadrol or Oradexon) used to treat allergies or inflammation.
37. Provide with a terrace, as of a house.
40. An upholstered armchair.
42. Of or relating to or characteristic of Alsace or its inhabitants.
43. Of or relating to or exhibiting isomerism.
44. A large family of dicotyledonous plants of order Rosales.
46. A severe shortage (especially a shortage of food).
48. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
54. (informal) Being satisfactory or in satisfactory condition.
56. A nitrogen-containing base found in RNA (but not in DNA) and derived from pyrimidine.
57. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
61. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
65. Any of various cycads of the genus Zamia.
66. Any member of Athapaskan tribes that migrated to the southwestern desert (from Arizona to Texas and south into Mexico).
68. God of fire.
69. indicate by signs.
70. Any of various devices for taking hold of objects.
71. Formerly the chief magistrate in the republics of Venice and Genoa.
73. Destroyed physically or morally.
74. A city in western Lithuania on the Baltic Sea.
75. Of or relating to or involving an area.
76. (used of opinions and actions) Far beyond the norm.
77. With rapid movements.
79. Toward the mouth or oral region.
80. Black honeycreepers with yellow feathers around the tail.
82. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
83. A sharply directional antenna.
84. A primeval personification of air and breath.
87. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
90. 300 to 3000 kilohertz.
92. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.