1. (music) The pace of music measured by the number of beats occurring in 60 seconds.
4. Formerly a gold coin of various European countries.
9. Ceremonial elegance and splendor.
13. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
16. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
17. Port city on southern Honshu on Osaka Bay.
18. A dull persistent (usually moderately intense) pain.
19. The cry made by sheep.
20. A domain in which something is dominant.
22. German organist and contrapuntist (1685-1750).
24. Butter creamed with parsley and tarragon and beef extract.
26. Wildly disordered.
28. God of wealth and love.
30. A song that was formerly popular.
31. A Japanese shrub that resembles members of the genus Spiraea.
32. Having branches.
34. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
36. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
38. Rapid and indistinct speech.
42. Any tiny hole admitting passage of a liquid (fluid or gas).
44. Any place of complete bliss and delight and peace.
48. Anything that serves as an enticement.
49. A set of questions or exercises evaluating skill or knowledge.
50. An Old World reptile family of Sauria.
51. A river in central Europe that arises in northwestern Czechoslovakia and flows northward through Germany to empty into the North Sea.
52. East Indian cereal grass whose seed yield a somewhat bitter flour, a staple in the Orient.
53. The capital and largest city of Mongolia.
54. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
56. Italian operatic soprano (born in 1922).
58. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
59. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
60. A major god.
63. New Zealand conifer.
65. Incapable of or resistant to bending.
67. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
69. Swiss hotelier who created a chain of elegant hotels (1850-1918).
70. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
75. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
77. A person who lacks confidence, is irresolute and wishy-washy.
80. (Greek mythology) The goddess of youth and spring.
82. Any of a group of Indic languages spoken in Kashmir and eastern Afghanistan and northern Pakistan.
86. An indication of radiant light drawn around the head of a saint.
87. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
90. Small free-swimming tunicates.
92. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
93. A cord that is drawn through eyelets or around hooks in order to draw together two edges (as of a shoe or garment).
94. A ruler of the Inca Empire (or a member of his family).
95. A hotel providing overnight lodging for travelers.
96. The noise made by a short puff of steam (as from an engine).
97. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
98. A Kwa language spoken in Ghana and the Ivory Coast.
99. Mature female of mammals of which the male is called `buck'.
1. A commercial leavening agent containing yeast cells.
2. Humble request for help.
3. How a result is obtained or an end is achieved.
4. A particular environment or walk of life.
5. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
6. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
7. Jordan's port.
8. Measuring instrument for indicating speed of rotation.
9. An informal term for a father.
10. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
11. A unit of conductance equal to the reciprocal of an ohm.
12. A Basque or Spanish game played in a court with a ball and a wickerwork racket.
13. In bed.
14. Capital city of the Apulia region on the Adriatic coast.
15. The officer below the master on a commercial ship.
21. Presence of excess lipids in the blood.
23. Any of several Orthodox Jewish sects who reject modern secular culture and many of whom do not recognize the spiritual authority of the modern state of Israel.
25. (of glass or quartzite) Marred by small bubbles or small particles of foreign material.
27. Large toothed frog of South and Central America resembling the bullfrog.
29. Large family of important mostly marine food fishes.
33. American novelist (1909-1955).
35. An abnormal condition of pregnancy characterized by hypertension and edema and protein in the urine.
37. Fallow deer.
39. Characteristic of or resembling or suitable for ballet.
40. Give equal rights to.
41. Cause to continue indefinitely.
43. A motley assortment of things.
45. Roman general who commanded the fleet that defeated the forces of Antony and Cleopatra at Actium (63-12 BC).
46. A small piece of cloth.
47. Of or pertaining to Sabah or its people.
55. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
57. (Judaism) A period of seven days of mourning after the death of close relative.
61. A three-tone Chadic language.
62. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
64. A large fleet.
66. A ship with a reinforced bow to break up ice and keep channels open for navigation.
67. A particular environment or walk of life.
68. Any of several shrubs or small evergreen trees having solitary white or pink or reddish flowers.
69. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
71. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
72. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
73. A tower for guiding pilots or marking the turning point in a race.
74. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
76. Type genus of the Percidae.
77. A globular water bottle used in Asia.
78. Type genus of the Ranidae.
79. Not only so, but.
80. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
81. A financial institution that accepts deposits and channels the money into lending activities.
83. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
84. A city in western Nevada at the foot of the Sierra Nevada Mountains.
85. A native or inhabitant of Denmark.
88. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
89. A long projecting or anterior elongation of an animal's head.
91. Artists or writers whose ideas are ahead of their time.