1. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
5. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
9. Any of various minerals consisting of hydrous silicates of aluminum or potassium etc. that crystallize in forms that allow perfect cleavage into very thin leaves.
13. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
16. A Kwa language spoken in Ghana and the Ivory Coast.
17. A small cake leavened with yeast.
18. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
19. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
20. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
21. A steep rugged rock or cliff.
22. Reflecting optimism.
23. A statement that deviates from or perverts the truth.
24. Wheelwork consisting of a connected set of rotating gears by which force is transmitted or motion or torque is changed.
26. United States anatomist who identified four pituitary hormones and discovered vitamin E (1882-1971).
29. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
30. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
32. The slender spear of the Bantu-speaking people of Africa.
34. Port city on southern Honshu on Osaka Bay.
36. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
38. (of tempo) Very fast and lively adv.
41. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
42. An uproarious party.
44. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
45. Affect with wonder.
47. Before noon.
48. Lacking sensation.
51. A case or sheath especially a pollen sac or moss capsule.
54. Fear resulting from the awareness of danger.
56. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
57. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
58. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
60. Being or occurring at an advanced period of time or after a usual or expected time.
61. Having the flavor of nuts.
63. The cardinal number that is the sum of seven and one.
66. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
67. One (as a judge) who examines and settles a case.
68. Occurring or appearing or singled out by chance.
69. On the move.
71. Used in combination.
74. The rate at which red blood cells settle out in a tube of blood under standardized conditions.
78. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 100 liters.
81. Being five more than one hundred sixty.
83. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
88. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
89. A river in northern England that flows southeast through West Yorkshire.
92. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
95. Load anew with ammunition, "She reloaded the gun carefully".
97. A river in northwestern Russia flowing generally west into the Gulf of Finland.
98. Hard strong durable yellowish-brown wood of teak trees.
99. Flesh of fish found in colder waters of northern Atlantic coast of the United States.
101. Either of two folds of skin that can be moved to cover or open the eye.
102. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
103. The inner and longer of the two bones of the human forearm.
104. An independent group of closely related Chadic languages spoken in the area between the Biu-Mandara and East Chadic languages.
105. A rapid bustling commotion.
1. Sudden sharp painful emotion.
2. Widely cultivated in tropical and subtropical regions for its fragrant flowers and colorful fruits.
3. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
4. A kind of heavy jacket (`windcheater' is a British term).
5. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
6. A person who is rejected (from society or home).
7. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
8. A feeling of intense anger.
9. Small bitter fruit of the marasca cherry tree from whose juice maraschino liqueur is made.
10. Metal shackles.
11. A starch made by leaching and drying the root of the cassava plant.
12. Make amends for.
13. (Greek mythology) One of the three Graces.
14. The habitation of wild animals.
15. In bed.
25. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
27. A state in the eastern United States.
28. English nurse who remained in Brussels after the German occupation in order to help Allied prisoners escape.
31. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
33. An ancient Egyptian city on the west bank of the Nile opposite Cairo.
35. Type genus of the Saururaceae.
37. Common black-and-gray Eurasian bird noted for thievery.
39. A cartridge (usually with paper casing).
40. Large-holed Swiss cheese.
43. (of securities) Not quoted on a stock exchange.
46. English economist noted for his studies of international trade and finance (born in 1907).
49. An asset of special worth or utility.
50. Held back.
52. An illicitly distilled (and usually inferior) alcoholic liquor.
53. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
55. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
59. Having a back or backing, usually of a specified type.
62. A period of time containing 365 (or 366) days.
64. Stairway in India leading down to a landing on the water.
65. Connected with or belonging to or used in a navy.
70. Having two axes.
72. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
75. Extremely pleasing.
76. Denuded of leaves.
77. (Greek mythology) Son of Daedalus.
78. Minor or subordinate.
79. A unit of elastance equal to the reciprocal of a farad.
80. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
82. Any of the numerous plants of the genus Viola.
83. A heavy brittle metallic element of the platinum group.
84. American novelist (1909-1955).
85. An island in Indonesia south of Borneo.
86. A unit of weight used in east Asia approximately equal to 1.3 ounces.
87. Stately heavy-bodied aquatic bird with very long neck and usually white plumage as adult v 1.
90. A sudden short attack.
91. Edible starchy tuberous root of taro plants.
93. A unit of heat equal to the amount of heat required to raise one pound of water one degree Fahrenheit at one atmosphere pressure.
94. Electronic warfare undertaken under direct control of an operational commander to locate sources of radiated electromagnetic energy for the purpose of immediate threat recognition.
96. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
100. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
101. A state in the eastern United States.