1. A prominent rock or pile of rocks on a hill.
4. Horned vipers.
9. A television system that has more than the usual number of lines per frame so its pictures show more detail.
13. A young woman making her debut into society.
16. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
17. (informal) An instance of deliberate thinking.
18. The persistence of a sound after its source has stopped.
19. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
20. A wooden pin pushed or driven into a surface.
21. (of color) Discolored by impurities.
23. Nocturnal wildcat of Central and South America having a dark-spotted buff-brown coat.
25. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
27. (electronics) A circuit whose output is limited which serves to limits the amplitude of a waveform or clip off the peaks.
29. Any of various perennials of the genus Geum having usually pinnate basal leaves and variously colored flowers.
30. An awkward and inexperienced youth.
32. Small space in a tissue or part such as the area between veins on a leaf or an insect's wing.
34. A nihilistic art movement (especially in painting) that flourished in Europe early in the 20th century.
36. Roman general who was governor of Britain and extended Roman rule north to the Firth of Forth (37-93).
40. Being nine more than forty.
41. The time of day immediately following sunset.
45. The disqualification of a judge or jury by reason of prejudice or conflict of interest.
46. Fastener consisting of a resinous composition that is plastic when warm.
51. Make an etching of.
52. The first light of day.
53. A musical composition of 3 or 4 movements of contrasting forms.
54. A genus of Mustelidae.
55. A small nail.
56. The cardinal number that is the sum of six and one.
58. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
60. Game in which matchsticks are arranged in rows and players alternately remove one or more of them.
61. Being the only one.
63. A jamb for a door.
66. Romanian violinist and composer (1881-1955).
67. An avalanche volcanic water and mud down the slopes of a volcano.
70. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
71. The event of dying or departure from life.
73. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
75. Large genus of African trees bearing kola nuts.
76. Sweet pulpy tropical fruit with thick scaly rind and shiny black seeds.
77. A doughnut-shaped chamber used in fusion research.
80. Green algae common in freshwater lakes of limestone districts.
84. Valuable fiber plant of East Indies now widespread in cultivation.
88. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
89. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
93. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
94. United States physicist (born in Austria) who proposed the exclusion principle (thus providing a theoretical basis for the periodic table) (1900-1958).
95. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
97. The last (12th) month of the year.
98. God of the earth.
99. (literary) Spirited horse for state or war.
100. A small cake leavened with yeast.
101. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
1. (military) Signal to turn the lights out.
2. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
3. (usually preceded by `in') A detail or point.
4. A unit of pressure.
5. Something of little value.
6. A three-tone Chadic language.
7. (of pop groups) Not affiliated with a major recording company n.
8. A gait in which steps and hops alternate.
9. Old World woody vines.
10. The district occupied entirely by the city of Washington.
11. A branch of the Tai languages.
12. Being or containing or characterized by vowels.
13. (British) An open river valley (in a hilly area).
14. Very dark black.
15. Informal or slang terms for mentally irregular.
22. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
24. A person who has been evacuated from a dangerous place.
26. A long thin fluffy scarf of feathers or fur.
28. Sadness associated with some wrong done or some disappointment.
31. A slippery or viscous liquid or liquefiable substance not miscible with water.
33. Aromatic Eurasian perennial.
35. Granular protein in outermost layer of endosperm of many seeds or cereal grains.
37. A musical phrase repeated over and over during a composition.
38. Relating to or located near the organ that produces tears.
39. A palace and fortress built in Granada by the Moslems in the Middle Ages.
42. Release from a spell.
43. A person regarded as arrogant and annoying.
44. The basic unit of money in Papua New Guinea.
47. A genus of orb-weaving spiders including common garden spiders and barn spiders.
48. Guiding star.
49. Upright deciduous plant with crimson pods and seeds.
50. A genus of Ploceidae.
57. The square of a body of any size of type.
59. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
62. Any of various strong liquors especially a Dutch spirit distilled from potatoes.
64. (Greek mythology) One of the mountain nymphs.
65. Old World nocturnal canine mammal closely related to the dog.
68. Acting to neutralize acid (especially in the stomach) n.
69. Leafless East Indian vine.
72. An organization of independent states to promote international peace and security.
74. Before noon.
78. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
79. Jordan's port.
81. Swift timid long-eared mammal larger than a rabbit having a divided upper lip and long hind legs.
82. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
83. A set of related records (either written or electronic) kept together.
85. A quantity of no importance.
86. In bed.
87. The front of the head from the forehead to the chin and ear to ear.
90. Take in solid food.
91. Owed and payable immediately or on demand.
92. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
96. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.