1. Edible starchy tuberous root of taro plants.
5. A primeval personification of air and breath.
9. Large genus of tropical subshrubs or herbs some of which yield fibers of mucilaginous substances.
13. (usually followed by `to' or `for') On the point of or strongly disposed.
16. A small constellation in the southern hemisphere near Phoenix.
17. Cause annoyance in.
18. Fossil fuel consisting of carbonized vegetable matter deposited in the Carboniferous period.
19. Being one more than two.
20. Encircle or bind.
21. A genus of Caltha.
23. A full skirt with a gathered waistband.
25. Trees native to East Indies having pinnate leaves.
27. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
28. In bed.
29. Any of a class of solid or semisolid viscous substances obtained either as exudations from certain plants or prepared by polymerization of simple molecules.
30. A former communist country in eastern Europe and northern Asia.
33. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
35. Covered with or as with a canopy.
38. A sliver-white metallic element of the platinum group that resembles platinum.
40. With mature or developed appearance.
43. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
46. Electrical conduction through a gas in an applied electric field.
48. Norwegian explorer who was the first to traverse the Northwest Passage and in 1911 the first to reach the South Pole (1872-1928).
50. (Old Testament) The eldest son of Isaac who would have inherited the Covenant that God made with Abraham and that Abraham passed on to Isaac.
52. A less than average tide occurring at the first and third quarters of the moon.
54. A fencing sword similar to a foil but with a heavier blade.
55. A graphical recording of the cardiac cycle produced by an electrocardiograph.
56. To make a mistake or be incorrect.
57. The sepals of a flower collectively forming the outer floral envelope or layer of the perianth enclosing a developing bud.
58. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
60. Informal terms for a mother.
62. The sixth month of the civil year.
63. A waste pipe that carries away sewage or surface water.
67. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
68. United States abolitionist (1786-1865).
69. The mission in San Antonio where in 1836 Mexican forces under Santa Anna besieged and massacred American rebels who were fighting to make Texas independent of Mexico.
70. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
72. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
74. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
75. (prosody) Of or consisting of iambs.
78. The act of mimicking.
80. The levorotatory form of dopa (trade names Bendopa and Brocadopa and Larodopa).
83. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
84. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
88. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
89. (of e.g. celestial bodies) Above the horizon.
92. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
94. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
95. Alternative names for the body of a human being.
96. Type genus of the Triglidae.
97. Not far distant in time or space or degree or circumstances.
98. A fluorocarbon with chlorine.
99. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
100. Greek author of fables (circa 620-560 BC).
101. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
102. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
1. Moth having nonfunctional mouthparts as adults.
2. The act of applying force to propel something.
3. Compulsory force or threat.
4. Fast-running African flightless bird with two-toed feet.
5. (of persons) Highest in rank or authority or office.
6. The sound made by a cat (or any sound resembling this).
7. A republic in southeastern Europe on the southern part of the Balkan peninsula.
8. Remaining after all deductions.
9. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
10. (Greek mythology) A maiden seduced by Zeus.
11. An informal term for a father.
12. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
13. In the Arabian Nights a hero who tells of the fantastic adventures he had in his voyages.
14. Duck of the northern hemisphere much valued for the fine soft down of the females.
15. A diacritical mark (~) placed over the letter n in Spanish to indicate a palatal nasal sound or over a vowel in Portuguese to indicate nasalization.
22. (formal) A person who announces important news.
24. Usually elongate cluster of flowers along the main stem in which the flowers at the base open first.
26. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
31. The place where some action occurs.
32. A person's brother or sister.
34. (Scotland) A slope or hillside.
36. A stock exchange in New York.
37. A large heavy knife used in Central and South America as a weapon or for cutting vegetation.
39. Causing fear or dread or terror.
41. The striking of one body against another.
42. A city in south central Mexico (southeast of Mexico City) on the edge of central Mexican plateau.
44. Type genus of the Cariamidae comprising only the crested cariama.
45. The custodian of a collection (as a museum or library).
47. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
49. Swedish oceanographer who recognized the role of the Coriolis effect on ocean currents (1874-1954).
51. A cylindrical drawstring bag used by sailors to hold their clothing and other gear.
53. A polyhedron having a polygonal base and triangular sides with a common vertex.
59. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
61. A constitutional monarchy in southeastern Asia on Borneo and the Malay Peninsula.
64. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
65. Any plant of the genus Caragana having even-pinnate leaves and mostly yellow flowers followed by seeds in a linear pod.
66. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
71. The domain ruled by an emperor or empress.
73. A family of fish in the order Zeomorphi.
74. Being one more than fifty.
76. The large trunk artery that carries blood from the left ventricle of the heart to branch arteries.
77. A relation that provides the foundation for something.
79. Someone who plies a trade.
80. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
81. Very dark black.
82. A quantity of no importance.
83. Possessing material wealth.
85. The state of needing something that is absent or unavailable.
86. A small restaurant where drinks and snacks are sold.
87. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
90. An inflated feeling of pride in your superiority to others.
91. A period of time spent sleeping.
93. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.