1. (computer science) The rate at which data is transferred (as by a modem).
4. An association of nations dedicated to economic and political cooperation in southeastern Asia.
9. A body of poetry that conveys the traditions of a society by treating some epic theme.
13. A period of time spent sleeping.
16. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
17. South African plant widely cultivated for its showy pure white spathe and yellow spadix.
18. The piece of land on which something is located (or is to be located).
19. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
20. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
21. A republic in southeastern Europe on the southern part of the Balkan peninsula.
22. United States tennis player who was the first Black to win United States and English singles championships (1943-1993).
23. British informal term.
24. A small cake leavened with yeast.
26. Less than acute.
29. A member of the Siouan people formerly inhabiting the Black Hills of western South Dakota.
31. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
33. (British abbreviation) "he accepted it on appro".
36. Committee formed by a special-interest group to raise money for their favorite political candidates.
38. Conforming to an ultimate standard of perfection or excellence.
41. (of champagne) Extremely dry.
45. The ratio of the circumference to the diameter of a circle.
46. A sodium salt of carbonic acid.
47. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
48. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
51. German industrialist who was the first in Germany to use an assembly line in manufacturing automobiles (1871-1948).
52. A Hebrew prophet in the Old Testament who opposed the worship of idols.
54. An advanced student or graduate in medicine gaining supervised practical experience (`houseman' is a British term).
55. A local computer network for communication between computers.
57. A genus of tropical American plants have sword-shaped leaves and a fleshy compound fruits composed of the fruits of several flowers (such as pineapples).
59. The former capital and 2nd largest city of Brazil.
60. Bid (a hand of cards) at less than the strength of the hand warrants.
63. Trees or shrubs of the families Ebenaceae or Sapotaceae or Styracaceae or Symplocaceae.
66. Any of various tailless stout-bodied amphibians with long hind limbs for leaping.
67. Small spiny outgrowth on the wings of certain insects.
70. Small low-growing annual or perennial herbs of temperate and cool regions.
71. (Norse mythology) Goddess of old age who defeated Thor in a wrestling match.
72. Any plant of the genus Canna having large sheathing leaves and clusters of large showy flowers.
74. Income from capital investment paid in a series of regular payments.
75. God of justice.
78. A commercial center and river port in western Germany on the Rhine River.
80. Any fungus of the family Hygrophoraceae having gills that are more or less waxy in appearance.
83. Fallow deer.
85. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
89. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
90. A crown-like jewelled headdress worn by women on formal occasions.
93. A member of a North American Indian people speaking one of the Hokan language.
95. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
96. A master's degree in business.
97. Typical geese.
98. A city in northwestern Syria.
99. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
100. (in Scotland or Ireland) A mountain or tall hill.
101. A rye bread made with molasses or brown sugar.
102. Something causes misery or death.
103. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
1. Divulge information or secrets.
2. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
3. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
4. (informal) Of the highest quality.
5. Spicy sauce of tomatoes and onions and chili peppers to accompany Mexican foods.
6. The twelfth month of the civil year.
7. A state in the southeastern United States on the Gulf of Mexico.
8. Of or in or relating to the nose.
9. (Old Testament) The eldest son of Isaac who would have inherited the Covenant that God made with Abraham and that Abraham passed on to Isaac.
10. A dicotyledonous genus of trees of the family Anacardiaceae having drupaceous fruit.
11. Not the same one or ones already mentioned or implied.
12. The seat within a bishop's diocese where his cathedral is located adv.
13. A tranquilizer (trade name Navane) used to treat schizophrenia.
14. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
15. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
25. Of or relating to the aorta.
27. Very small northern fish.
28. Marked by simplicity.
30. Functioning correctly and ready for action.
32. Of or relating to the stomach and intestines.
34. A clear colorless volatile liquid (alcohol) used as a solvent and antiseptic.
35. Of or relating to or near the pudendum.
37. (geology) Used of the earliest known rocks.
39. Mildly laxative n.
40. A category in some early taxonomies.
42. The compass point that is one point east of due south.
43. An Anatolian language.
44. A Hindu prince or king in India.
49. Extricate from entanglement.
50. Capital of Germany located in eastern Germany.
53. Cause to arise.
56. A hard brittle blue-white multivalent metallic element.
58. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
61. Make understand.
62. Of or relating to or characteristic of Bahrain or its people or language.
64. A radioactive transuranic element produced by bombarding plutonium with neutrons.
65. A yellow pungent volatile oil (trade name Agene) formerly used for bleaching and aging flour.
68. A broad flat muscle on either side of the back.
69. A town in north central Oklahoma.
73. Remote city of Kazakhstan that (ostensibly for security reasons) was made the capital in 1998.
76. Of or pertaining to a number system having 8 as its base.
77. A painful and involuntary muscular contraction.
79. Consisting of or made of wood of the oak tree.
81. A French abbot.
82. A city of central China.
84. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
86. The lower house of the parliament of the Republic of Ireland.
87. An informal term for a father.
88. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
91. Informal abbreviation of `representative'.
92. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
94. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.