1. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
4. Report or maintain.
8. Strong dark beer brewed in the fall and aged through the winter for spring consumption.
12. An unforeseen obstacle.
16. Airtight sealed metal container for food or drink or paint etc..
17. A cord fastened around the neck with an ornamental clasp and worn as a necktie.
18. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
19. A caustic substance (Ca(OH)2) produced by heating limestone.
20. (logic or grammar) Of or relating to scope.
22. The part of a ship's equipment or cargo that is thrown overboard to lighten the load in a storm.
24. Any division of quantity accepted as a standard of measurement or exchange.
25. Perceive sound.
26. A republic in West Africa on the Gulf of Guinea.
27. Waterfall in Canada is the Horseshoe Falls.
29. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
32. Kauri pine.
36. The basic unit of money in China.
38. A small cake leavened with yeast.
42. Apply a lubricant to.
43. Salted roe of sturgeon or other large fish.
46. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
47. A state in New England.
49. A collection of facts from which conclusions may be drawn.
50. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
51. Characterized by the interdependence of living organisms in an environment.
54. (informal) Of very poor quality.
55. A period of time spent in military service.
58. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
59. Lower in esteem.
62. Informal terms for a mother.
63. British poet (born in the United States) who won the Nobel prize for literature (1888-1965).
64. A small wooded hollow.
65. Of time long past.
67. A biased way of looking at or presenting something.
68. Either extremity of something that has length.
69. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
70. Buildings for carrying on industrial labor.
71. Congenital deformity of the foot usually marked by a curled shape or twisted position of the ankle and heel and toes.
76. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
77. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
80. Corrupt morally or by intemperance or sensuality.
84. Jewish republic in southwestern Asia at eastern end of Mediterranean.
87. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
88. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
89. Cook beforehand so that the actual preparation won't take long.
91. Punish with an arbitrary penalty.
94. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
95. Using the voice.
96. Precipitation of ice pellets when there are strong rising air currents.
98. Fiddler crabs.
99. The compass point midway between south and southeast.
100. A faint constellation in the polar region of the southern hemisphere and containing part of the Large Magellanic Cloud.
101. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
102. A decree that prohibits something.
1. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
2. Small European freshwater fish with a slender bluish-green body.
3. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
4. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
5. A group of Finnic languages spoken around the Volga river.
6. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
7. A Hindu prince or king in India.
8. The 2nd letter of the Greek alphabet.
9. (Roman mythology) Goddess of abundance and fertility.
10. Malevolent aspect of Devi.
11. A member of a North American Indian people of southeastern California and northwestern Mexico.
12. A person who stays in bed until a relatively late hour.
13. (Babylonian) A goddess of the watery deep and daughter of Ea.
14. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
15. Footwear usually with wooden soles.
21. Any tropical African shrub of the genus Protea having alternate rigid leaves and dense colorful flower heads resembling cones.
23. (Babylonian) Any of a group of powerful earth spirits or genii.
28. An associate degree in nursing.
30. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
31. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
33. Used of independent armed resistance forces.
34. Of or having to do with or belonging to an abbey or abbot, or abbess.
35. Snow plant.
37. A city in east central Texas.
39. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
40. Any of various naturally occurring impure mixtures of hydrocarbons.
41. Not capable of being swayed or diverted from a course.
44. A basic polypeptide antibiotic (trade name Viocin) administered intramuscularly (along with other drugs) in the treatment of tuberculosis.
45. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
48. Give equal rights to.
52. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on land.
53. A mountain peak in the Andes in Argentina (21,654 feet high).
56. A gum resin from the conium hemlock tree.
57. A protocol (utilizing TCP) to transfer hypertext requests and information between servers and browsers.
60. Piece of solid food for dipping in a liquid.
61. A closed plane curve resulting from the intersection of a circular cone and a plane cutting completely through it.
66. An informal term for a father.
72. United States swimmer who in 1926 became the first woman to swim the English Channel (1903- ).
73. A rounded thickly curled hairdo.
74. An Anatolian language.
75. Type genus of Picidae.
78. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
79. An association of nations dedicated to economic and political cooperation in southeastern Asia.
81. Oval reproductive body of a fowl (especially a hen) used as food.
82. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
83. (trademark) A tinned luncheon meat made largely from pork.
85. A sodium salt of carbonic acid.
86. A Loloish language.
90. The longest division of geological time.
92. A master's degree in library science.
93. An unforeseen obstacle.
97. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.