1. A period of time spent sleeping.
4. An ancient upright stone slab bearing markings.
9. In bed.
13. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
16. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
17. Valuable fiber plant of East Indies now widespread in cultivation.
18. Type genus of the Ranidae.
19. An ancient Hebrew unit of capacity equal to 10 baths or 10 ephahs.
20. Diffusing warmth and friendliness.
22. Having a gradual increase in width.
24. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
25. A descent down a nearly vertical surface by using a doubled rope that is coiled around the body and attached to some higher point.
28. Do something that one considers to be below one's dignity.
30. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
32. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
33. Not having been read.
35. Beads threaded on a string.
39. Air pollution by a mixture of smoke and fog.
43. A period of time containing 365 (or 366) days.
44. One thousandth of a second.
45. (law) A comprehensive term for any proceeding in a court of law whereby an individual seeks a legal remedy.
46. A republic in northeastern Europe on the Baltic Sea.
50. A city in central Alabama on the Alabama river.
51. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
52. Roman general under Julius Caesar in the Gallic wars.
54. French physicist noted for research on magnetism (born in 1904).
55. Dried out by heat or excessive exposure to sunlight.
58. A genus of Laridae.
59. A three-tone Chadic language.
60. A large group of islands in the south Pacific including Melanesia and Micronesia and Polynesia (and sometimes Australasia and the Malay Archipelago).
61. A chronic drinker.
62. A soft gray ductile metallic element used in alloys.
63. A clawed foot of an animal especially a quadruped.
64. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
65. The clock time given by a clock carried on board a spacecraft.
67. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
70. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
71. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
72. A public promotion of some product or service.
75. Bath linen consisting of a piece of cloth used to wash the face and body.
80. Having nine hinged bands of bony plates.
82. The starting place for each hole on a golf course.
83. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
85. Water frozen in the solid state.
87. An inclination contrary to the strongest or prevailing feeling.
92. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
95. A monocotyledonous genus of graceful palm trees in tropical America.
96. The address of a web page on the world wide web.
97. God of fire.
98. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
100. A branch of the Tai languages.
101. A boy or man.
102. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
103. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
104. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
1. A rechargeable battery with a nickel cathode and a cadmium anode.
2. The clay from which adobe bricks are made.
3. A member of a monotheistic sect of Zoroastrian origin.
4. A sport in which participants must travel on skis.
5. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
6. An inflammatory complication of leprosy that results in painful skin lesions on the arms and legs and face.
7. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
8. A vaguely specified concern.
9. A genus of orb-weaving spiders including common garden spiders and barn spiders.
10. A member of the British order of honor.
11. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
12. An informal term for a father.
13. A town and port in northwestern Israel in the eastern Mediterranean.
14. United States physiologist (born in Germany) who did research on parthenogenesis (1859-1924).
15. (informal) Exceptionally good.
21. Free and relaxed in manner.
23. A substance for packing a joint or coating a porous surface to make it impervious to gas or liquid.
26. Dessert made of sweetened milk coagulated with rennet.
27. (of weather or climate) Physically mild.
29. A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (trade name Clinoril).
31. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
34. God of the sky.
36. In a state of sleep.
37. A light brown raw cane sugar from Guyana.
38. White Southerner supporting Reconstruction policies after the Civil War usually for self-interest.
40. Stem of the rattan palm used for making canes and umbrella handles.
41. Type genus of the family Ostreidae.
42. Oil palms.
47. Large edible marine fish of northern coastal waters.
48. Type genus of the family Unionidae.
49. The visual percept of a region.
53. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
56. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
57. A colorless explosive liquid that is volatile and poisonous and foul-smelling.
66. Presence of excess lipids in the blood.
67. A vaguely specified concern.
68. The use of bacteria or viruses of toxins to destroy men and animals or food.
69. Indian nun and missionary (born in Albania) dedicated to helping the poor in India (1910-1997).
70. A town and port in northwestern Israel in the eastern Mediterranean.
73. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
74. A unit of magnetomotive force equal to 0.7958 ampere-turns.
77. Moving or directed or tending in a backward direction or contrary to a previous direction.
78. A burn cause by hot liquid or steam.
79. Light wispy precipitation that evaporates before it reaches the ground (especially when the lower air is low in humidity).
81. A soft yellow malleable ductile (trivalent and univalent) metallic element.
84. A city in northern India.
85. A complete metric system of units of measurement for scientists.
86. A stick that people can lean on to help them walk.
88. Type genus of the Nepidae.
89. Two items of the same kind.
90. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
91. Flightless New Zealand rail of thievish disposition having short wings each with a spur used in fighting.
93. A humorous anecdote or remark.
94. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
95. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
99. A radioactive element of the actinide series.