1. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
4. A wealthy man (who made his fortune in the Orient).
9. The emotion of hate.
13. An elegantly dressed man (often with affected manners).
16. How long something has existed.
17. (Babylonian) Any of a group of powerful earth spirits or genii.
18. In addition.
19. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
20. The middle of the chief navigable channel of a waterway that forms the boundary line between states.
22. (Irish) God of love and beauty.
24. A tax levied on the difference between a commodity's price before taxes and its cost of production.
25. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
26. The larva of an ant lion or of any of several other insects.
29. The father of your father or mother.
31. An ancient region of southern Greece in the southeastern Peloponnesus.
33. Build again.
36. A doctor's degree in optometry.
38. (trademark) A liquid that temporarily disables a person.
39. Earn on some commercial or business transaction.
40. Highly seasoned cut of smoked beef.
46. Able to act at will.
47. Squash bugs.
50. A metal-bearing mineral valuable enough to be mined.
51. The sign language used in the United States.
53. Someone to whom a legacy is bequeathed.
54. Right-hand page.
57. A town in central Belgium.
59. A federation of North American labor unions that merged with the Congress of Industrial Organizations in 1955.
60. A great raja.
62. Of or relating to a caesura.
65. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
66. The 11th letter of the Greek alphabet.
69. A unit of length equal to 1760 yards.
70. An Indian tree of the family Combretaceae that is a source of timber and gum.
73. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
74. Any of various aromatic resinous substances used for healing and soothing.
75. Of or denoting or relating to the Balkan countries or their inhabitants or the Balkan peninsula or the Balkan Mountains.
79. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
81. Affect with wonder.
84. The mission in San Antonio where in 1836 Mexican forces under Santa Anna besieged and massacred American rebels who were fighting to make Texas independent of Mexico.
88. A coenzyme derived from the B vitamin nicotinic acid.
89. A city in central New York.
92. Assist or encourage, usually in some wrongdoing.
94. The month following February and preceding April.
95. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
96. Sorghums of dry regions of Asia and North Africa.
97. Long coarse hair growing from the crest of the animal's neck.
98. A city in the European part of Russia.
99. A local computer network for communication between computers.
100. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
101. Norwegian mathematician (1802-1829).
102. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
1. Informal or slang terms for mentally irregular.
2. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
3. An administrator in charge of a division of a university or college.
4. Himalayish language spoken in the Kathmandu Valley of Nepal.
5. Used of a single unit or thing.
6. A state of Uganda and site of a former Bantu kingdom.
7. (informal) Being satisfactory or in satisfactory condition.
8. All the plant and animal life of a particular region.
9. A Loloish language.
10. Second brightest star in Perseus.
11. A huge destructive wave (especially one caused by an earthquake).
12. (Greek mythology) The winged goddess of the dawn in ancient mythology.
13. A tranquilizer (trade name Navane) used to treat schizophrenia.
14. Similar to the giraffe but smaller with much shorter neck and stripe on the legs.
15. Genus of East Indian trees or shrubs.
21. A body of water cut off from a larger body by a reef of sand or coral.
23. An imaginary place of great wealth and opportunity.
27. A yellow trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
28. A member of a North American Indian people living around the mouth of the Colorado river.
30. First in order of importance.
32. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
34. The range within which a voice can be heard.
35. Opening in the rear of the barrel of a gun where bullets can be loaded.
37. Any of several small ungulate mammals of Africa and Asia with rodent-like incisors and feet with hooflike toes.
41. A deep bow.
42. A state in east central United States.
43. A republic on the island of Malta in the Mediterranean.
44. A steep part of a glacier resembling a frozen waterfall.
45. (botany) Outer tissue of bark.
48. Oval reproductive body of a fowl (especially a hen) used as food.
49. Type genus of the Otariidae.
52. A mountain peak in the Andes in Bolivia (21,391 feet high).
55. A government on the island of Taiwan established in 1949 by Chiang Kai-shek after the conquest of mainland China by the communists led by Mao Zedong.
56. A state in northwestern United States on the Pacific.
58. A mark left by the healing of injured tissue.
61. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
63. (prefix) Outside or outer.
64. Flat-topped or rounded inflorescence characteristic of the family Umbelliferae in which the individual flower stalks arise from about the same point.
67. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
68. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
71. A port city in southwestern Iran.
72. Type genus of the Alaudidae.
73. A colorless odorless gaseous element that give a red glow in a vacuum tube.
76. The iridescent internal layer of a mollusk shell.
77. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
78. Nocturnal badger-like carnivore of wooded regions of Africa and southern Asia.
80. An informal term for a father.
82. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
83. The battle in 202 BC in which Scipio decisively defeated Hannibal at the end of the second Punic War.
85. An Asian river between China and Russia.
86. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
87. Toward the mouth or oral region.
90. An enlarged and muscular saclike organ of the alimentary canal.
91. A strong emotion.
93. The compass point midway between northeast and east.