1. The compass point that is one point south of southwest.
5. A successful womanizer (after a fictional seducer).
13. A Chadic language spoken in Chad.
17. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
18. Sticking fast n.
19. The twelfth month of the civil year.
20. A Loloish language.
21. United States mathematician and astronomer noted for his works on navigation (1773-1838).
22. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
23. Very large red gum tree.
25. A feeling of intense anger.
26. A cry of praise or adoration (to God).
28. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
30. Something left after other parts have been taken away.
32. Tag the base runner to get him out.
33. (British informal) Ill-tempered or annoyed.
35. The fifth day of the week.
36. The (prehensile) extremity of the superior limb.
41. An irrational but irresistible motive for a belief or action.
43. The ending of a series or sequence.
46. An associate degree in nursing.
49. Any bird of the genus Pitta.
50. A lipoprotein that transports cholesterol in the blood.
53. (medieval Europe) A person who is bound to the land and owned by the feudal lord.
54. An outlying farm building for storing grain or animal feed and housing farm animals.
55. Wild or domesticated South American cud-chewing animal related to camels but smaller and lacking a hump.
57. Apathy and inactivity in the practice of virtue (personified as one of the deadly sins).
60. German chemist who did research on high-speed chemical reactions (born in 1927).
61. Distinctive manner of oral expression.
62. The soft tissue of the body of a vertebrate.
63. Marked by quiet and caution and secrecy.
64. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
65. An organization of independent states to promote international peace and security.
67. Being one more than one.
68. Having inflections to indicate tense.
70. Tropical American tree grown in southern United States having a whitish pink-tinged fruit.
74. Sorghums of dry regions of Asia and North Africa.
76. Having been read.
78. An informal term for a father.
80. A primeval personification of air and breath.
81. English comedienne and mistress of Charles II (1650-1687).
83. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
86. An area of ground used for some particular purpose (such as building or farming).
89. Muslim name for God.
92. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
93. An important seaport on the Island of Cebu in the Philippines.
95. Capital and largest city and economic center of Peru.
96. The basic unit of money in Cambodia.
97. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
98. Hard strong durable yellowish-brown wood of teak trees.
99. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
100. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
1. Adopted in order to deceive.
2. Flightless New Zealand rail of thievish disposition having short wings each with a spur used in fighting.
3. An island in the Persian Gulf.
4. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
5. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
6. Any property detected by the olfactory system.
7. A crosspiece spreading the gunnels of a boat.
8. Fly very close to the ground.
9. A small zodiacal constellation in the northern hemisphere.
10. Of flax, hemp, or jute, so as to promote loosening of the fibers form the woody tissue.
11. A unit of length (in United States and Britain) equal to one twelfth of a foot.
12. A South African plant of the genus Othonna having smooth often fleshy leaves and heads of yellow flowers.
13. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
14. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
15. The state of being decayed or destroyed.
16. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
24. A tiny or scarcely detectable amount.
27. Experiencing or showing sorrow or unhappiness.
29. A Mid-Atlantic state.
31. (formal) In or into that thing or place.
34. A fishing line managed principally by hand.
37. Rhizomatous plant of central and southeastern United States and West Indies having large showy heads of clear blue flowers.
38. Any isomeric saturated hydrocarbon found in petroleum and used as a fuel and solvent.
39. One related on the mother's side.
40. Respiratory organ of aquatic animals that breathe oxygen dissolved in water.
42. A deep bow.
44. An incorrect deal.
45. A woman who tells fortunes.
47. A state in the eastern United States.
48. Joint capital (with Riyadh) of Saudi Arabia.
51. Goods (or wreckage) on the sea bed that is attached to a buoy so that it can be recovered.
52. Someone who owns or is an executive in a bank.
56. The act or process of measuring.
58. New Guinea echidnas.
59. A radioactive transuranic element.
66. Small arctic whale the male having a long spiral ivory tusk.
69. Silver-coated candy bead for decorating cakes.
71. The Latin name for England.
72. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
73. A port city in southwestern Turkey on the Gulf of Antalya.
75. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
76. Any small rounded protuberance (as on certain plants or animals).
77. Half the width of an em.
79. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
80. Water falling in drops from vapor condensed in the atmosphere.
82. God of the Underworld.
84. Advanced in years.
85. A rapid series of short loud sounds (as might be heard with a stethoscope in some types of respiratory disorders).
87. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
88. A legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body.
90. A three-year law degree.
91. Someone who engages in arbitrage (who purchases securities in one market for immediate resale in another in the hope of profiting from the price differential).
94. A monarchy in northwestern Europe occupying most of the British Isles.
95. The act of hopping (jumping upward or forward (especially on one foot)).