1. (of molten metal or glass) Formed by pouring or pressing into a mold n 1.
5. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
9. Acute ulceration of the mucous membranes of the mouth or genitals.
13. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
16. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
17. United States labor organizer who ran for President as a socialist (1855-1926).
18. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
19. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
20. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
21. Prevent from being included or considered or accepted.
22. A mountain lake (especially one formed by glaciers).
23. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
24. A diuretic (trade name Osmitrol) used to promote the excretion of urine.
26. Having a back or backing, usually of a specified type.
28. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
29. Ancient city is southeastern Italy where Hannibal defeated the Romans in 216 BC.
31. An unproved statement put forward as a premise in an argument.
33. A crude uncouth ill-bred person lacking culture or refinement.
36. The state of something that has been unused and neglected.
39. Living in or characteristic of farming or country life.
41. (Norse mythology) The heavenly dwelling of the Norse gods (the Aesir) and slain war heroes.
45. Cricket frogs.
46. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
47. Imperial moths.
49. (of securities) Not quoted on a stock exchange.
51. An insecticide that is also toxic to animals and humans.
52. A historical region on northwestern India and northern Pakistan.
54. Draw in by breathing.
57. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
58. Pleasant or pleasing or agreeable in nature or appearance.
59. Capable of being atoned for.
60. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in Iowa and Minnesota and Missouri.
62. Either of two folds of skin that can be moved to cover or open the eye.
64. The capital and largest city of Jordan.
65. A port city in northwestern Algeria and the country's 2nd largest city.
66. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
67. Being one more than fifty.
68. A radioactive transuranic element.
70. A wave number characteristic of the wave spectrum of each element.
74. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
77. Become ground down or deteriorate.
78. Divulge information or secrets.
80. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
81. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
84. Seizure of a vehicle in transit either to rob it or divert it to an alternate destination.
86. A diacritical mark (an inverted circumflex) placed above certain letters (such as c) to indicate pronunciation.
88. The basic unit of money in South Africa.
92. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
93. Of the dull yellowish green of the meat of an avocado n 1.
96. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
98. A crystalline rock that can be cut and polished for jewelry.
99. Measuring instrument in which the echo of a pulse of microwave radiation is used to detect and locate distant objects.
100. A small cake leavened with yeast.
102. A hotel providing overnight lodging for travelers.
103. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
104. An evergreen tree of the family Ulmaceae that grows in tropical America and Africa and Asia.
105. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
106. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
1. Fabric dyed with splotches of green and brown and black and tan.
2. By bad luck.
3. A fraudulent business scheme.
4. Pacific newts.
5. Make more attractive by adding ornament, colour, etc..
6. In a murderous frenzy as if possessed by a demon.
7. A promontory in northern Morocco opposite the Rock of Gibraltar.
8. Standard time in the 7th time zone west of Greenwich, reckoned at the 105th meridian west.
9. A person who travels through the water by swimming.
10. Any of various herbaceous plants of the genus Atriplex that thrive in deserts and salt marshes.
11. Strongly marked.
12. Suffering from a partial loss of memory.
13. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
14. Type genus of the Ranidae.
15. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
25. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
27. Sound recording consisting of a disc with continuous grooves.
30. Tropical trees and shrubs with aromatic leaves and often valuable hard wood.
32. (linguistics) Of speech sounds.
34. The basic unit of money in Mauritania.
35. A psychological state induced by (or as if induced by) a magical incantation.
37. Toward one side.
38. remove from customary environment or associations.
40. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
42. A socially awkward or tactless act.
43. Used of persons.
44. The basic monetary unit in many countries.
48. In bed.
50. (used informally) Very small.
53. A loose cloak with a hood.
55. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
56. A tributary of the Missouri River.
61. Chocolate cookie with white cream filling.
63. Being one more than two.
69. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
71. The habitation of wild animals.
72. A mountain peak in the Andes in Bolivia (21,391 feet high).
73. A sweet filling made of prunes or apricots.
75. A member of the Semitic speaking people of northern Ethiopia.
76. English writer of macabre short stories (1863-1943).
79. A tort consisting of false and malicious publication printed for the purpose of defaming a living person.
80. Before noon.
82. A Mid-Atlantic state.
83. Jordan's port.
85. A heavy open wagon usually having two wheels and drawn by an animal.
86. A radioactive gaseous element formed by the disintegration of radium.
87. A public promotion of some product or service.
89. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
90. (Babylonian) A goddess of the watery deep and daughter of Ea.
91. Unpleasantly cool and humid.
94. A lyric poem with complex stanza forms.
95. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
97. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
101. A radioactive element of the actinide series.