1. A body of poetry that conveys the traditions of a society by treating some epic theme.
5. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
9. Having a color similar to that of a clear unclouded sky.
13. (informal) Of the highest quality.
16. Not only so, but.
17. Having nine hinged bands of bony plates.
18. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
19. (Australian and New Zealand) A disparaging term for English immigrants to Australia or New Zealand.
20. Matter that remains after something has been removed.
22. Any of various organs that synthesize substances needed by the body and release it through ducts or directly into the bloodstream.
25. A disposition to behave in a certain way.
26. With no effort to conceal.
28. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
30. Capital of Swaziland.
32. So adjusted as to be appropriate or brought into harmony.
37. A monocotyledonous genus of the family Iridaceae.
40. An impudent or insolent rejoinder.
43. A radioactive transuranic metallic element.
44. A person from whom you are descended.
47. A doctor's degree in dental surgery.
48. After noon.
49. A caustic detergent useful for removing grease.
51. A southeastern part of Greater London that is the site of the English national soccer stadium.
53. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
55. A (usually canopied) seat for riding on the back of a camel or elephant.
58. Not functioning properly.
60. Of flax, hemp, or jute, so as to promote loosening of the fibers form the woody tissue.
61. A large fleet.
62. Australian operatic soprano (1861-1931).
63. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
65. Joint consisting of a line formed by joining two pieces.
67. Hard strong durable yellowish-brown wood of teak trees.
68. Of or relating to or characteristic of Benin or its people.
69. Used of idealized country life.
73. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
75. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
76. Type genus of the Gavidae.
78. Emblem usually consisting of a rectangular piece of cloth of distinctive design.
80. Freedom from difficulty or hardship or effort.
83. A member of the Caddo people who formerly lived in the Dakotas west of the Missouri river.
87. A doctor's degree in musical arts.
90. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
91. A potent narcotic antagonist (trade name Narcan) especially effective with morphine.
93. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
94. A unit of pressure.
96. A unit of weight used in east Asia approximately equal to 1.3 ounces.
98. (informal) Roused to anger.
99. The act of using.
100. The organ that bears the ovules of a flower.
101. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
102. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Long-bodied long-tailed tropical American wildcat.
2. The short weak cry of a young bird.
3. A kiln for drying hops.
4. North American evergreen with small pinkish bell-shaped flowers and oblong leaves used formerly for shinplasters.
5. A constellation in the polar region of the southern hemisphere near Octans.
6. The sediment from fermentation of an alcoholic beverage.
7. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
8. A motley assortment of things.
9. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
10. A person who lives and works on land.
11. Goddess of fate.
12. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
13. The great hall in ancient Persian palaces.
14. Expandable metal or wooden wedge used by printers to lock up a form within a chase.
15. A person who acts as host at formal occasions (makes an introductory speech and introduces other speakers).
21. No longer having or seeming to have or expecting to have life.
23. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
24. Tall feather palm of northern Brazil with hard-shelled nuts yielding valuable oil and a kind of vegetable ivory.
27. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
29. A ray of sunlight.
31. Adult female chicken.
33. Someone who travels into little known regions (especially for some scientific purpose).
34. A Loloish language.
35. Again but in a new or different way.
36. A town in southeastern New Mexico on the Pecos River near the Mexican border.
38. A heavy brittle metallic element of the platinum group.
39. Open to change.
41. Of or relating to the spleen.
42. Veloute or brown sauce with sauteed chopped onion and dry white wine and sour cream.
45. Toward the mouth or oral region.
46. Social insect living in organized colonies.
50. Wood of a sumac.
52. Physicist honored for advances in solid state electronics (born in Japan in 1925).
54. The mother of your father or mother.
56. Harmed or injured or spoiled.
57. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
59. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
64. Leave a camp.
66. Epithet of Siva.
67. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
70. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
71. Russian choreographer (1834-1905).
72. A worker who attaches something by nailing it.
74. A substance produced by the hypothalamus that is capable of accelerating the secretion of a given hormone by the anterior pituitary gland.
77. Duplicator that transmits the copy by wire or radio.
79. Tropical tree of Central America and West Indies and Puerto Rico having spikes of white flowers.
81. A book of the New Testament.
82. Same in identity.
84. United States showman famous for his Wild West Show (1846-1917).
85. (Roman Catholic Church) The supreme ecclesiastical tribunal for cases appealed to the Holy See from diocesan courts.
86. Type genus of the Anatidae.
88. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
89. An informal term for a father.
92. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
95. A polyvalent metallic element that resembles chromium and tungsten in its properties.
97. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.