1. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
4. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
9. Amino acid that is formed in the liver and converted into dopamine in the brain.
13. Any of various trees of the genus Ulmus.
16. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
17. A United States bandmaster and composer of military marches (1854-1932).
18. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
19. A doctor's degree in education.
20. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
21. A small island.
22. The 4th planet from the sun.
23. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
24. Any of various plants of the genus Sabbatia having usually pink cymose flowers.
28. Transient cessation of respiration.
30. Hinge joint in the human leg connecting the tibia and fibula with the femur and protected in front by the patella.
32. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
35. (used as a combining form) Recent or new.
37. (criminal law) A pleading describing some wrong or offense.
41. Apply a lubricant to.
42. Red Asian weaverbirds often kept as cage birds.
46. A disorderly crowd of people.
47. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
48. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
49. The academic world.
51. A river that rises in northeastern Turkey (near the source of the Euphrates) and flows generally eastward through Armenia to the Caspian Sea.
52. Any of numerous short-stemmed plants of the genus Primula having tufted basal leaves and showy flowers clustered in umbels or heads.
54. Growing old.
55. A successful stroke in an athletic contest (especially in baseball).
57. Being of the age 13 through 19.
58. The seat within a bishop's diocese where his cathedral is located adv.
59. British poet (born in the United States) who won the Nobel prize for literature (1888-1965).
61. Produced by inbreeding.
63. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
65. Held in servitude.
66. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
68. A colorless odorless gaseous element that give a red glow in a vacuum tube.
69. Showing a natural aptitude for something.
72. A person who greets.
75. A widely distributed system consisting of all the cells able to ingest bacteria or colloidal particles etc, except for certain white blood cells.
76. A soft silvery metallic element of the rare earth group.
77. A hard medicated paste made of lard or oil mixed with wax or resin.
80. No longer having or seeming to have or expecting to have life.
83. United States film actor who played tough heroes (1907-1979).
87. To the degree or extent.
89. Roman Emperor who was the adoptive son of Trajan.
91. Any of various dark heavy viscid substances obtained as a residue.
92. Intentionally so written (used after a printed word or phrase).
93. Having come or been brought to a conclusion.
95. Voluntary contributions to aid the poor.
96. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
97. Hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitressin) and also by nerve endings in the hypothalamus.
98. An oil port in southern Iraq.
99. (informal) Having or revealing stupidity.
100. (informal) Roused to anger.
1. By bad luck.
2. Kamarupan languages spoken in northeastern India and western Burma.
3. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
4. The largest continent with 60% of the earth's population.
5. A flat tortilla with various fillings piled on it.
6. Any of numerous perennial bulbous herbs having linear or broadly lanceolate leaves and usually a single showy flower.
7. An association of nations dedicated to economic and political cooperation in southeastern Asia.
8. Any of various long-tailed rodents similar to but larger than a mouse.
9. Informal terms for a (young) woman.
10. Large long-armed ape of Borneo and Sumatra having arboreal habits.
11. A bet that you can pick the first and second finishers in the right order.
12. An associate degree in applied science.
13. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
14. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
15. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
25. A wind from the north.
26. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
27. A member of a nomadic Berber people of the Sahara.
29. Any ameba of the genus Endamoeba.
31. A state in New England.
33. Used of independent armed resistance forces.
34. Of or having to do with or belonging to an abbey or abbot, or abbess.
36. Rounded like an egg.
38. Of or relating to or supporting Romanism.
39. Of or relating to or characteristic of Guinea or its inhabitants.
40. A piece of furniture with open shelves for displaying small ornaments.
43. A square hole made to receive a tenon and so to form a joint.
44. Not contained in or deriving from the essential nature of something.
45. (zoology) Lacking a tail or taillike appendage.
50. Fallow deer.
53. Free of rust.
56. Comb-plate or locomotor organ consisting of a row of strong cilia whose bases are fused.
60. Do something to an excessive degree.
62. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
64. Someone who is regarded as contemptible.
67. French artist who immigrated to the United States.
68. An associate degree in applied science.
70. Of or relating to a dialect of Sotho or the Bantu people who speak it.
71. Free from liquid or moisture.
73. (used informally) Very small.
74. Desert shrub of Syria and Arabia having small white flowers.
78. Small genus of Eurasian aquatic perennial herbs.
79. Worn or shabby from overuse or (of pages) from having corners turned down.
81. A town in north central Oklahoma.
82. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
84. Acute lung injury characterized by coughing and rales.
85. A quantity of no importance.
86. One thousand grams.
88. The month following January and preceding March.
90. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
94. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.