1. A partially opened flower.
4. Physical strength.
9. The lowest brass wind instrument.
13. A protocol developed for the internet to get data from one network device to another.
16. How long something has existed.
17. The sensation that results when olfactory receptors in the nose are stimulated by particular chemicals in gaseous form.
18. A brace that extends from the rear of the keel to support the rudderpost.
19. A tool with a flat blade attached at right angles to a long handle.
20. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
21. Plant materials and animal waste used as fuel.
23. A region of northeastern France famous for its wines.
25. The lean flesh of a fish caught off the Pacific coast of the United States.
27. A soft gray ductile metallic element used in alloys.
28. Of or relating to or characteristic of Greece or the Greeks.
29. Any of 12 kings of ancient Egypt between 1315 and 1090 BC.
32. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
33. Relatively low in price or charging low prices.
38. The basic unit of length adopted under the System International d'Unites (approximately 1.094 yards).
42. An association of people to promote the welfare of senior citizens.
46. Using speech rather than writing.
47. A festival featuring African-American culture.
48. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
50. Freedom from difficulty or hardship or effort.
51. A member of the majority people of Punjab in northwestern India.
53. An acute inflammatory disease occurring in the intestines of premature infants.
54. Of power or authority.
56. A mechanically operated piano that uses a roll of perforated paper to activate the keys.
59. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring in the air.
60. (informal) Of the highest quality.
61. Two items of the same kind.
62. The sixth month of the civil year.
63. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
65. Avatar of Vishnu.
68. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
69. Herb of the Pacific islands grown throughout the tropics for its edible root and in temperate areas as an ornamental for its large glossy leaves.
70. Strike sharply.
73. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
75. A native of ancient Troy.
77. Of or in or relating to the nose.
82. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
83. A Nilo-Saharan language spoken in parts of Chad.
85. Weapons considered collectively.
87. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
91. A steep rugged rock or cliff.
92. A circular segment of a curve.
95. A mountainous landlocked communist state in southeastern Asia.
97. A member of a Mayan people of southwestern Guatemala.
98. God of fire.
99. Decapod having eyes on short stalks and a broad flattened carapace with a small abdomen folded under the thorax and pincers.
100. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
101. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
102. A wine bottle made of leather.
103. Stable gear consisting of either of two curved supports that are attached to the collar of a draft horse and that hold the traces.
104. Decrease gradually or bit by bit.
105. The residue that remains when something is burned.
1. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
2. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
3. An administrator in charge of a division of a university or college.
4. Large high frilly cap with a full crown.
5. A manner of speaking that is natural to native speakers of a language.
6. Articles of commerce.
7. A humming noise.
8. (prefix) Across or crossing or on the opposite side.
9. Syndrome resulting from a serious acute (sometimes fatal) infection associated with the presence of staphylococcus.
10. A monarchy in northwestern Europe occupying most of the British Isles.
11. The hair growing on the lower part of a man's face.
12. Bright with a steady but subdued shining.
13. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
14. A South American shrub whose leaves are chewed by natives of the Andes.
15. The part of a hammerhead opposite the flat striking surface (may have various shapes).
22. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
24. (in various religions) The world of the dead.
26. A tool consisting of several hooks for grasping and holding.
30. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
31. Large African black-and-white carrion-eating stork.
34. Of or relating to or characteristic of the state or island of Hawaii or to the people or culture or language.
35. An implement used to erase something.
36. A porch along the outside of a building (sometimes partly enclosed).
37. Marked by correspondence or resemblance.
39. Island in West Indies.
40. Giant treelike plant having edible nuts and leafstalks that yield a refreshing drink of clear watery sap.
41. An elementary particle with negative charge.
43. A watery solution of sugars, salts, and minerals that circulates through the vascular system of a plant.
44. A person who is very poor.
45. A Hindu prince or king in India.
49. A public promotion of some product or service.
52. A hard malleable ductile silvery metallic element that is resistant to corrosion.
55. A light touch or stroke.
57. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
58. A state in southeastern India on the Bay of Bengal (south of Andhra Pradesh).
64. Loss of the ability to swallow.
65. Large high frilly cap with a full crown.
66. A federation of North American labor unions that merged with the Congress of Industrial Organizations in 1955.
67. Informal terms for a mother.
71. A Buddhist who has attained nirvana.
72. A small fragment.
74. One of two flaps attached to a cap to keep the ears warm.
76. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
78. A heavy brittle metallic element of the platinum group.
79. Frogs, toads, tree toads.
80. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
81. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
84. Formerly a large constellation in the southern hemisphere between Canis Major and the Southern Cross.
86. The act of rising upward into the air.
88. Type genus of the Amiidae.
89. South African term for `boss'.
90. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
93. The most common computer memory which can be used by programs to perform necessary tasks while the computer is on.
94. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
96. The compass point that is one point east of due south.