1. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
4. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
8. Absent without permission.
12. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
16. A spacecraft that carries astronauts from the command module to the surface of the moon and back.
17. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
18. An extravagantly enthusiastic review.
19. Cook and make edible by putting in a hot oven.
20. A medicinal drug used to evoke vomiting (especially in cases of drug overdose or poisoning).
22. Deer grass.
24. A platform raised above the surrounding level to give prominence to the person on it.
25. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
26. Regional and archaic.
28. City in Sudan.
30. A primeval personification of air and breath.
32. An acute inflammatory disease occurring in the intestines of premature infants.
38. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
40. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
41. A member of a people who have no permanent home but move about according to the seasons.
44. Period extending from Dec. 24 to Jan. 6.
45. Having been read.
47. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
49. Informal terms for a mother.
50. A northeastern Iranian language spoken in Russia.
52. A mountain in the Himalayas in Nepal (27,790 feet high).
54. Make less active or intense.
56. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
57. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
58. The capital of Lombardy in northern Italy.
63. A light touch or stroke.
64. A peninsula between the Red Sea and the Persian Gulf.
65. A covered passageway.
66. Type genus of the Anatidae.
68. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
69. A small volcanic island in Indonesia between Java and Sumatra.
71. A tight-fitting headdress.
74. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
75. A narrow way or road.
76. Increase in extent or intensity.
81. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
82. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
86. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
90. Smelling of fermentation or staleness.
91. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
93. Wildly disordered.
95. Any of several related languages of the Celts in Ireland and Scotland.
96. Lacking sufficient water or rainfall.
97. (archaic or Scottish) Faithful and true.
99. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
100. A condition requiring relief.
101. Freedom from difficulty or hardship or effort.
102. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
103. A boy or man.
1. Place in a line or arrange so as to be parallel.
2. Pay back.
3. Pertaining to or resembling amoebae.
4. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
5. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
6. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
7. Read anew.
8. Large west African tree having large palmately lobed leaves and axillary cymose panicles of small white flowers and one-winged seeds.
9. Made of or covered with wax.
10. Roman poet remembered for his elegiac verses on love (43 BC - AD 17).
11. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
12. A small motor nerve supplying the lateral rectus muscle of the eye.
13. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
14. Similar or related in quality or character.
15. English pianist (1890-1965).
21. A system of timekeeping that defines the beginning and length and divisions of the year.
23. (Old Testament) The minister of the Persian emperor who hated the Jews and was hanged for plotting to massacre them.
27. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity equal to 10 decibels.
29. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
31. Panel forming the lower part of an interior wall when it is finished differently from the rest.
33. Extremely pleasing.
34. An informal term for a father.
35. Fish eggs or egg-filled ovary.
36. Synthetic narcotic drug similar to morphine but less habit-forming.
37. Trees and shrubs having berries or drupes or capsules as fruits.
39. 40th President of the United States (1911- ).
42. Of or relating to Oman or its people.
43. A Powhatan Indian woman (the daughter of Powhatan) who befriended the English at Jamestown and is said to have saved Captain John Smith's life (1595-1617).
46. Jordan's port.
48. A drug (trade names Calan and Isoptin) used as an oral or parenteral calcium blocker in cases of hypertension or congestive heart failure or angina or migraine.
51. Any of numerous elongate mostly marine carnivorous fishes with heterocercal caudal fins and tough skin covered with small toothlike scales.
53. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
55. A small cake leavened with yeast.
59. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
60. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
61. A town in southern Texas on the Rio Grande.
62. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
67. Deeply affected or marked by mental or physical pain or injury.
68. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
70. A Hindu prince or king in India.
72. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
73. The 3 goddesses of fate or destiny.
77. Small usually single-celled reproductive body produced especially by certain bacteria and algae and fungi and nonflowering plants.
78. Events that provide the generative force that is the origin of something.
79. A crown-like jewelled headdress worn by women on formal occasions.
80. The principal evil jinni in Islamic mythology.
83. A metallic element of the rare earth group.
84. An interior passage or corridor onto which rooms open.
85. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
87. Any of a class of alcohols having 2 hydroxyl groups in each molecule.
88. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
89. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
92. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
94. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
98. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.