1. An emergency procedure consisting of external cardiac massage and artificial respiration.
4. Swedish oceanographer who recognized the role of the Coriolis effect on ocean currents (1874-1954).
9. A town and port in northwestern Israel in the eastern Mediterranean.
13. (prefix) Bad or erroneous or lack of.
16. 10 hao equal 1 dong.
17. A member of a North American Indian people living east of the Sacramento river in California.
18. Any of the three Fates or goddesses of destiny.
19. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
20. Bring dishonor upon.
22. Pleated or tucked in lines radiating from a circular edge.
24. A sudden loss of consciousness resulting when the rupture or occlusion of a blood vessel leads to oxygen lack in the brain.
25. (Old Testament) Samson's Philistine mistress who betrayed him by cutting off his hair and so deprived him of his strength.
26. A special way of doing something.
28. Deprive of by deceit.
30. Shading consisting of multiple crossing lines.
32. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
35. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
36. Ctenophores lacking tentacles.
37. Biennial weed in Europe and America having large pinnate leaves and yellow flowers and a bitter and somewhat poisonous root.
39. Australian clover fern.
42. Small usually bright-colored semiaquatic salamanders of North America and Europe and North Asia.
46. Clean with one's bill, of birds.
48. Any of various small plant-sucking insects.
50. Swiss painter influenced by Kandinsky (1879-1940).
51. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
54. A piece of chain mail covering a place unprotected by armor plate.
56. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
58. A unit of inductance equal to one billionth of a henry.
60. A vinyl polymer used especially in paints or adhesives.
61. 4-wheeled motor vehicle.
63. The middle portion of the brain.
66. A populous province in northeastern China.
68. The sacred city of Lamaism.
71. (of actions or states) Slightly short of or not quite accomplished.
72. (Greek mythology) Queen of Thebes who unknowingly married her own son Oedipus.
75. 100 pesewas equal 1 cedi.
78. A genus of Ploceidae.
80. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
84. In or relating to or obtained from urine.
87. Small and round and shiny like a shiny bead or button.
89. A geographical region of northeastern South America including Guyana and Surinam.
91. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
92. (prefix) Outside or outer.
93. On or toward the lee.
95. A fraudulent business scheme.
96. A member of a Mayan people of southwestern Guatemala.
97. Indicating the most important performer or role.
98. Queen of England as the 6th wife of Henry VIII (1512-1548).
99. A member of an American Indian people of Yucatan and Belize and Guatemala who once had a culture characterized by outstanding architecture and pottery and astronomy.
100. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Of or relating to or characteristic of the Republic of Chad or its people or language.
2. Liver or meat or fowl finely minced or ground and variously seasoned.
3. A unit of weight used in some Moslem countries near the Mediterranean.
4. The boy whose upbringing was described by Jean-Jacques Rousseau.
5. Valuable fiber plant of East Indies now widespread in cultivation.
6. Ancient Persian god of light and truth.
7. A public promotion of some product or service.
8. (Assyrian) God of fire and light.
9. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
10. Russian chess master (born in 1931).
11. An industrial city in southern Poland on the Vistula.
12. One or some or every or all without specification.
13. A Portuguese province on the south coast of China and two islands in the South China Sea.
14. (trademark) An alloy of iron and nickel having a low coefficient of thermal expansion.
15. A river that rises in central Germany and flows north to join the Elbe River.
21. (Greek mythology) The god of the underworld in ancient mythology.
23. Support from beneath.
27. An acknowledgment of appreciation.
29. Belonging to or on behalf of a specified person (especially yourself).
31. Being one hundred more than three hundred.
33. Water buffalo of the Philippines.
34. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
38. Half the width of an em.
40. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
41. Basic principles of the cosmos.
43. Antineoplastic drug (trade name Elspar) sometimes used to treat lymphoblastic leukemia.
44. Any of several families of mostly small beetles that feed on plants and plant products.
45. Clinical neurological syndrome characterized by muscular twitching and cramps and (when severe) seizures.
47. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
49. 1/10 gram.
52. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
53. Herbs of temperate regions.
55. A member of a Turkic people of Uzbekistan and neighboring areas.
57. A byproduct of inflammation.
59. A Loloish language.
62. A lateen-rigged sailing vessel used by Arabs.
64. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
65. An Indian side dish of yogurt and chopped cucumbers and spices.
67. A mechanism in a firearm that ejects the empty shell case after firing.
68. The boy whose upbringing was described by Jean-Jacques Rousseau.
69. An unsteady uneven gait.
70. (Hinduism) An ascetic holy man.
73. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
74. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
76. Expel gas from the stomach.
77. Type genus of the Sittidae.
79. The form of theological rationalism that believes in God on the basis of reason without reference to revelation.
81. Any property detected by the olfactory system.
82. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
83. (Jungian psychology) The inner self (not the external persona) that is in touch with the unconscious.
85. Type genus of the Hylidae.
86. God of love and erotic desire.
88. A period of time spent sleeping.
89. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
90. A negative.
94. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.