1. (trademark) A tinned luncheon meat made largely from pork.
5. A fraudulent business scheme.
9. One of the jointed appendages of an animal used for locomotion or grasping.
13. A nuclear reactor that uses water as a coolant and moderator.
16. Forbidden to profane use especially in South Pacific islands.
17. Other than what is under consideration or implied.
18. American novelist (1909-1955).
19. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
20. At any time.
21. A platform built out from the shore into the water and supported by piles.
22. Group of people related by blood or marriage.
23. Narrow wood or metal or plastic runners used for gliding over snow.
24. The West AFrican language of the Wolof people in Senegal.
26. Made from residue of grapes or apples after pressing.
28. Not bearing a date.
30. Of or relating to or in the manner of the playwright Henrik Ibsen.
33. A member of a pastoral people living in the Nilgiri hills of southern India.
34. Apathy and inactivity in the practice of virtue (personified as one of the deadly sins).
37. A master's degree in business.
38. A medicinal drug used to evoke vomiting (especially in cases of drug overdose or poisoning).
41. The back side of the neck.
42. Port city that is the capital and largest city of Latvia.
45. Shrubby lichens of the family Usneaceae having a flattened thallus.
47. An elaborate song for solo voice.
48. A learner who is enrolled in an educational institution.
50. A United Nations agency created by a multinational treaty to promote trade by the reduction of tariffs and import quotas.
51. A close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities.
53. Psychoactive substance present in marijuana.
54. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
55. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
56. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
58. British sculptor (born in the United States) noted for busts and large controversial works (1880-1959).
61. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
63. Animal food for browsing or grazing.
65. Of or relating to or characteristic of Texas or its residents.
66. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
67. A person regarded as arrogant and annoying.
68. An informal term for a father.
70. A colorless explosive liquid that is volatile and poisonous and foul-smelling.
71. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
73. Edible starchy tuberous root of taro plants.
74. An accidental happening.
76. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
79. A drug (trade names Atarax and Vistaril) used as a tranquilizer to treat anxiety and motion sickness.
82. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
84. Tall hat.
87. A burn cause by hot liquid or steam.
89. (Phoenician and Philistine) God of agriculture and the earth.
93. Large bamboo having thick-walled culms.
95. Stout-bodied insect with large membranous wings.
97. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
98. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
99. Not only so, but.
101. Bound or secured closely.
102. A notable achievement.
103. (Brit) A tough youth of 1950's and 1960's wearing Edwardian style clothes.
104. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
105. Not easy.
106. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
1. Agitation resulting from active worry.
2. A small constellation near the South Pole between Tucana and Ara.
3. Norwegian mathematician (1802-1829).
4. Essential equal to suborder Myomorpha with the Dipodidae excluded.
5. The month following August and preceding October.
6. The weather in some location averaged over some long period of time.
7. An association of nations dedicated to economic and political cooperation in southeastern Asia.
8. An iron-clad vessel built by the Confederate forces in the hope of breaking the blockade imposed by the North.
9. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
10. An Eskimo hut.
11. During the intervening time.
12. The levorotatory form of dopa (trade names Bendopa and Brocadopa and Larodopa).
13. A dicotyledonous genus of trees of the family Anacardiaceae having drupaceous fruit.
14. The consequences of an event (especially a catastrophic event).
15. A sudden short attack.
25. The law enforcement agency in the Justice Department.
27. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
29. Type genus of the Adelgidae.
31. A dress worn primarily by Hindu women.
32. Portico at the west end of an early Christian basilica or church.
35. Any plant of the genus Caragana having even-pinnate leaves and mostly yellow flowers followed by seeds in a linear pod.
36. A cosmetic for temporary removal of undesired hair.
39. (botany) Capable of fertilizing female organs.
40. Moths whose larvae are cutworms.
43. Not in action or at work.
44. A large and hurried swallow.
46. Of or belonging to an aecium.
49. Be present at (meetings, church services, university), etc..
52. A flexible container with a single opening.
57. A Powhatan Indian woman (the daughter of Powhatan) who befriended the English at Jamestown and is said to have saved Captain John Smith's life (1595-1617).
59. A hormone produced by the anterior pituitary gland.
60. The compass point that is midway between north and northeast.
62. A deep prolonged sound (as of thunder or large bells).
64. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
69. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
72. A state of Uganda and site of a former Bantu kingdom.
73. A dicotyledonous genus of trees of the family Anacardiaceae having drupaceous fruit.
75. An archaic name for Easter or Passover.
77. (Greek mythology) One of the three Graces.
78. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
80. The capital and largest city of Japan.
81. Being one more than ninety.
83. Mammary gland of bovids (cows and sheep and goats).
85. Stable gear consisting of either of two curved supports that are attached to the collar of a draft horse and that hold the traces.
86. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
88. A hormone produced by the anterior pituitary gland that stimulates the adrenal cortex.
90. A Gaelic-speaking Celt in Ireland or Scotland or the Isle of Man.
91. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
92. A quantity of no importance.
94. The fatty flesh of eel.
96. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
100. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.