1. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
5. (botany) Capable of fertilizing female organs.
13. A television system that has more than the usual number of lines per frame so its pictures show more detail.
17. City in southwestern Colombia in a rich agricultural area.
18. A plane curve formed by the intersection of a right circular cone and a plane parallel to an element of the curve.
19. Chocolate cookie with white cream filling.
20. In addition.
21. Conduct business.
22. Dutch astronomer who proved that the galaxy is rotating and proposed the existence of the Oort cloud (1900-1992).
23. A metric unit of weight equal to one thousandth of a kilogram.
24. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
26. (computer science) The part of a computer (a microprocessor chip) that does most of the data processing.
27. Impose anew.
29. A long noosed rope used to catch animals.
31. A unit of information equal to 1024 bytes.
33. A person who fights duels.
34. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
36. The act of scanning.
37. A genus of Stromateidae.
39. Cut the head of.
45. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
46. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
47. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
51. A severe recurring vascular headache.
53. (spoken slang) Unfashionable and boring.
55. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
56. Capital and largest city of the Czech Republic.
58. Not equal in amount.
60. A republic consisting of 26 of 32 counties comprising the island of Ireland.
61. An enclosure made or wire or metal bars in which birds or animals are kept.
63. River in eastern Asia.
64. A soft gray malleable metallic element that resembles tin but discolors on exposure to air.
65. (anatomy) A small structure resembling a rootlet (such as a fibril of a nerve).
68. To come or go into.
70. That is to say.
71. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
72. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
77. A hard brittle blue-white multivalent metallic element.
79. Become quiet or quieter.
83. A member of the North American Indian people formerly living in the Colorado river valley in Arizona and Nevada and California.
86. Being nine more than fifty.
87. A cord or band of inelastic tissue connecting a muscle with its bony attachment.
89. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
91. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
92. The compass point that is midway between north and northeast.
93. Flexible twig of a willow tree.
94. The capital and chief port of Qatar.
95. A castrated tomcat.
96. An anxiety disorder characterized by chronic free-floating anxiety and such symptoms as tension or sweating or trembling of light-headedness or irritability etc that has lasted for more than six months.
97. Covered with sedges (grasslike marsh plants).
98. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
99. Used of a single unit or thing.
1. A narcotic that is considered a hard drug.
2. Not agitated.
3. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
4. The territorial jurisdiction of a bishop.
5. (usually followed by `to') Naturally disposed toward.
6. A potent narcotic antagonist (trade name Narcan) especially effective with morphine.
7. A device in which something (usually an animal) can be caught and penned.
8. (Judaism) An eight-day Jewish holiday commemorating the rededication of the Temple of Jerusalem.
9. The compass point that is one point south of due east.
10. A deep prolonged loud noise.
11. Type genus of the Alcedinidae.
12. An ancient region of west central Italy (southeast of Rome) on the Tyrrhenian Sea.
13. Blatant or sensational promotion.
14. Pretentious or silly talk or writing.
15. Brief and to the point.
16. A citizen who has a legal right to vote.
25. Genus of tall smooth herbs of forested mountains of Europe and Asia minor.
28. A written proposal or reminder.
30. A slight amount or degree of difference.
32. An unbroken or imperfectly broken mustang.
35. Grown for its thickened edible aromatic root.
38. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
40. British writer noted for romantic adventure novels (1856-1925).
41. Any taillike structure.
42. A Hindu or Sikh religious leader and personal teacher.
43. Of or relating to or characteristic of Asia or the peoples of Asia or their languages or culture.
44. English writer who created Frankenstein's monster and married Percy Bysshe Shelley (1797-1851).
48. A branch of the Tai languages.
49. Relating to or near the ulna.
50. Leave or give by will after one's death.
52. A family of birds coextensive with the order Rheiformes.
54. A desert in southern Israel.
57. (informal) Of the highest quality.
59. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
62. Order by virtue of superior authority.
66. An ancient town on Crete where Bronze Age culture flourished from about 2000 BC to 1400 BC.
67. Reduce to lay status.
68. A potent narcotic antagonist (trade name Narcan) especially effective with morphine.
69. Informal terms for clothing.
70. Type genus of the Alcedinidae.
73. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
74. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
75. A Bantu language spoken by the Chaga people in northern Tanzania.
76. Caused to combine or unite.
78. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
80. The inner and longer of the two bones of the human forearm.
81. A town in north central Oklahoma.
82. Turned or twisted toward one side.
84. Characteristic of false pride.
85. A river in central Europe that arises in northwestern Czechoslovakia and flows northward through Germany to empty into the North Sea.
88. A graphical record of electrical activity of the brain.
90. Mythical bird of prey having enormous size and strength.