1. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
4. Wearing or provided with clothing.
8. A bachelor's degree in music.
12. The quantity a cask will hold.
16. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
17. A desert in central Asia.
18. Rock that in its molten form (as magma) issues from volcanos.
19. Again but in a new or different way.
20. A young woman making her debut into society.
21. Escape or flee.
23. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
25. Not only so, but.
27. Tree (as opposed to shrub).
29. A member of a nomadic people of the northern Ural mountains.
30. An agency of the United Nations that promotes education and communication and the arts.
32. Swelling from excessive accumulation of serous fluid in tissue.
33. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
36. A stick that people can lean on to help them walk.
38. Of or in or relating to the nose.
41. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
42. Resembling milk in color or cloudiness.
44. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
46. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
47. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
49. A metrical unit with unstressed-stressed syllables.
51. A night flight from which the passengers emerge with eyes red from lack of sleep.
52. Belonging to or on behalf of a specified person (especially yourself).
53. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
55. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
56. One of the most common of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
57. United States writer of hard-boiled detective fiction (1894-1961).
60. Any bird of the genus Pitta.
62. Of or relating to Dante Alighieri or his writings.
64. A toxic nonmetallic element related to sulfur and tellurium.
66. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
67. Any of several plants of or developed from the species Dahlia pinnata having tuberous roots and showy rayed variously colored flower heads.
70. The basic unit of money on Malta.
71. Suggestive of the supernatural.
73. Minute blackish gregarious flies destructive to mushrooms and seedlings.
76. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
79. A ductile silvery-white ductile ferromagnetic trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
80. (informal) Exceptionally good.
82. A river in the east central United States.
87. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
91. A blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically.
92. Of or relating to Canada or its people.
95. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
96. Separated into parts or laid open or penetrated with a sharp edge or instrument.
98. A recurring sleep state during which rapid eye movements do not occur and dreaming does not occur.
100. Fish eggs or egg-filled ovary.
101. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
102. The sport of shooting at clay pigeons that are hurled upward in such a way as to simulate the flight of a bird.
103. Chief port of Yemen.
104. Either extremity of something that has length.
1. A polite name for any woman.
2. American novelist (1909-1955).
3. A small cake leavened with yeast.
4. System of measurement based on centimeters and grams and seconds.
5. English empiricist philosopher who believed that all knowledge is derived from sensory experience (1632-1704).
6. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
7. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
8. (pathology) An elevation of the skin filled with serous fluid.
9. Dark brownish to purplish red.
10. Radiation lying in the ultraviolet range.
11. An enclosed space.
12. (Italian cookery) Squid prepared as food.
13. A genus of tropical American plants have sword-shaped leaves and a fleshy compound fruits composed of the fruits of several flowers (such as pineapples).
14. The compass point that is one point south of southeast.
15. The basic unit of money in China.
22. Declare formally.
24. A primeval personification of air and breath.
26. Pertaining to or concerned with the humanities.
28. Enact or perform again.
31. Rock that form the continuous lower layer of the earth's crust.
34. A person appointed or elected to represent others v 1.
35. A port city in southwestern Iran.
37. Motionlessness attributable to a temporary paralysis.
39. Coil in which voltage is induced by motion through a magnetic field.
40. The mints.
43. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
45. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
48. A holy war by Muslims against unbelievers.
50. To gain with effort.
54. (music) The pace of music measured by the number of beats occurring in 60 seconds.
58. Type genus of the Anatidae.
59. A drop of the clear salty saline solution secreted by the lacrimal glands.
61. Invalid or incorrect reasoning.
63. A colorless crystalline solid used in perfume or preserving biological specimens or in embalming or medically as a fungicide or antiseptic.
65. Being or moving higher in position or greater in some value.
68. Hormone produced early in pregnancy by the placenta.
69. Either of two folds of skin that can be moved to cover or open the eye.
72. Flightless birds having flat breastbones lacking a keel for attachment of flight muscles.
74. On a ship, train, plane or other vehicle.
75. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
77. Before noon.
78. A diacritical mark (an inverted circumflex) placed above certain letters (such as c) to indicate pronunciation.
81. (the feminine of raja) A Hindu princess or the wife of a raja.
83. An onerous or difficult concern.
84. An underground enclosure with access from the surface of the ground or from the sea v 1.
85. A public promotion of some product or service.
86. (Babylonian) A goddess of the watery deep and daughter of Ea.
88. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
89. Very dark black.
90. Advanced in years.
93. (meaning literally `born') Used to indicate the maiden or family name of a married woman.
94. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
97. A bachelor's degree in science.
99. A hard brittle gray polyvalent metallic element that resembles iron but is not magnetic.