1. An informal term for a father.
5. Located in a plane that is parallel to the central plane of the sagittal suture.
13. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
17. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
18. Move out of an unsafe location into safety.
19. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
20. (Norse mythology) God of war and strife and son of Odin.
22. A cylindrical spikelike inflorescence.
23. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
24. The mission in San Antonio where in 1836 Mexican forces under Santa Anna besieged and massacred American rebels who were fighting to make Texas independent of Mexico.
25. (Greek mythology) Greek goddess of fertility who later became associated with Persephone as goddess of the underworld and protector of witches.
28. Tropical American trees with palmately compound leaves and showy bell-shaped flowers.
29. (folklore) A corpse that rises at night to drink the blood of the living.
31. A state in New England.
34. A domed or vaulted recess or projection on a building especially the east end of a church.
36. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
40. An analytic or interpretive literary composition.
43. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
45. Of or relating to a speaker of the Tamil language or the language itself.
47. An utterance expressing pain or disapproval.
50. A bachelor's degree in science.
52. Offering fun and gaiety.
53. A platform raised above the surrounding level to give prominence to the person on it.
54. A monoamine neurotransmitter found in the brain and essential for the normal functioning of the central nervous system.
58. (Norse mythology) Ruler of the Aesir.
59. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
60. The absence of matter.
61. Deeply moved.
62. A theocratic republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
63. Any of various water-soluble compounds capable of turning litmus blue and reacting with an acid to form a salt and water.
65. A luminance unit equal to 1 candle per square meter measured perpendicular to the rays from the source.
66. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
68. The overhang at the lower edge of a roof.
69. Black tropical American cuckoo.
70. 1,000,000,000 periods per second.
72. Given or having a specified name.
74. A thin tapered rod used by a conductor to direct an orchestra.
80. A plaster now made mostly from Portland cement and sand and lime.
84. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
88. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
89. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
92. Consisting of one of two equivalent parts in value or quantity.
94. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
95. German botanist who is generally recognized as founding bacteriology when he recognized bacteria as plants.
96. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
97. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
98. An index of the cost of all goods and services to a typical consumer.
99. The basic unit of money in Myanmar.
100. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
101. Common Indian weaverbird.
102. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
1. A collection of facts from which conclusions may be drawn.
2. Any group or radical of the form RCO- where R is an organic group.
3. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
4. A public promotion of some product or service.
5. A toxic nonmetallic element related to sulfur and tellurium.
6. A genus of Indriidae.
7. A canvas or leather bag for carrying game (especially birds) killed by a hunter.
8. A mass of ice and snow that permanently covers a large area of land (e.g., the polar regions or a mountain peak).
9. Tropical American flat-jointed prickly pear.
10. Someone who gossips indiscreetly.
11. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
12. A human limb.
13. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
14. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
15. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
16. An Asian river between China and Russia.
21. A licensed medical practitioner.
26. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
27. A legally binding command or decision entered on the court record (as if issued by a court or judge).
30. A unit of information equal to one million (1,048,576) bytes.
32. Of or relating to or exhibiting isomerism.
33. A family of North American Indian language spoken in southwestern United States.
35. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
37. Red Asian weaverbirds often kept as cage birds.
38. Of or relating to or characteristic of the Philippines or its people or customs.
39. Any of numerous plants of the genus Plantago.
41. A midnight meeting of witches to practice witchcraft and sorcery.
42. A statistical method for making simultaneous comparisons between two or more means.
44. Line of defense consisting of a barrier of felled or live trees with branches (sharpened or with barbed wire entwined) toward the enemy.
46. 100 agorot equal 1 shekel.
48. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
49. Old World nocturnal canine mammal closely related to the dog.
51. An infection of the sebaceous gland of the eyelid.
55. In a manner lacking interest or vitality.
56. Having a sophisticated charm.
57. Covered or furnished with tiles.
64. An aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect.
67. An athlete who performs acts requiring skill and agility and coordination.
68. A genus of Indriidae.
71. A straight line that intersects a curve at two or more points.
73. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
75. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
76. The back side of the neck.
77. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
78. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
79. Of or relating to or characteristic of the people or language of Malaysia and the N Malay Peninsula and parts of the W Malay Archipelago.
81. A system of weights used for precious metals and gemstones.
82. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
83. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
85. The state of needing something that is absent or unavailable.
86. A strip of land projecting into a body of water.
87. An elaborate song for solo voice.
90. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
91. A beverage made by steeping tea leaves in water.
93. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.