1. The compass point that is one point east of due south.
4. Shackle that consists of a metal loop that can be locked around the wrist.
9. Goddess of fertility.
13. A boat with a flat bottom for carrying heavy loads (especially on canals).
16. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
17. A member of the working class (not necessarily employed).
18. God of death.
19. (Norse mythology) One of the Aesir known for his beauty and skill with bow and skis.
20. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
23. Towards the side away from the wind.
24. Large lipoproteins rich in triglycerides.
26. The capital of Bahrain.
28. State in northeastern India.
29. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
30. A cruel and brutal fellow.
33. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
34. Shrubby tree widely distributed along tropical shores.
36. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
38. part of the peritoneum attached to the stomach and to the colon and covering the intestines.
39. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
41. (New Testament) The sages who visited Jesus and Mary and Joseph shortly after Jesus was born.
44. A purplish dye obtained from orchil lichens.
48. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
49. Being nothing more than specified.
50. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
52. A soft silvery metallic element.
54. A shot in billiards made by hitting the cue ball with the cue held nearly vertically.
56. Hawaiian dish of taro root pounded to a paste and often allowed to ferment.
57. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
59. (computer science) A graphic symbol (usually a simple picture) that denotes a program or a command or a data file or a concept in a graphical user interface.
60. Trade name for an alloy used to make high-energy permanent magnets.
63. The boy whose upbringing was described by Jean-Jacques Rousseau.
66. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
67. A motley assortment of things.
68. Patron saint of Wales (circa 520-600).
69. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
71. A tall perennial woody plant having a main trunk and branches forming a distinct elevated crown.
73. A rechargeable battery with a nickel cathode and a cadmium anode.
75. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
78. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
80. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
81. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
84. Conforming to an ultimate standard of perfection or excellence.
87. An ancient country is southwestern Asia on the east coast of the Mediterranean.
89. Edible tuber of any of several yams.
91. Bottle that has a narrow neck.
94. A run that is the result of the batter's performance.
95. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
98. Powdery starch from certain sago palms.
100. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
101. Take in solid food.
102. A member of a seafaring group of North American Indians who lived on the Pacific coast of British Columbia and southwestern Alaska.
103. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
104. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
105. An infection of the sebaceous gland of the eyelid.
106. The table in Christian churches where communion is given.
107. (Greek mythology) The goddess of youth and spring.
108. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Speaking a Slavic language.
2. (criminal law) Money that must be forfeited by the bondsman if an accused person fails to appear in court for trial.
3. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
4. An accountant certified by the state.
5. Goddess of fate.
6. A 10% solution of formaldehyde in water.
7. Any wingless blood-sucking parasitic insect noted for ability to leap.
8. A toxic nonmetallic element related to sulfur and tellurium.
9. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
10. A mountain peak in the Andes in Bolivia (21,391 feet high).
11. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
12. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
13. Small genus of erect balsam-scented herbs.
14. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
15. (cosmology) The original matter that (according to the big bang theory) existed before the formation of the chemical elements.
21. A low transparent cover put over young plants to protect them from cold.
22. A switch made from the stems of the rattan palms.
25. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
27. Indian religious leader who founded Sikhism (1469-1538).
29. A Chadic language spoken in Chad.
31. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
32. Resembling or pertaining to a bulldog.
35. A public promotion of some product or service.
37. Relating to or like or divided into areolae.
40. Excellent and delightful in all respects.
42. A volatile flammable mixture of hydrocarbons (hexane and heptane and octane etc.) derived from petroleum.
43. A family of birds of the suborder Oscines.
45. Draw back, as with fear.
46. Dried out by heat or excessive exposure to sunlight.
47. A metric unit of length equal to one hundredth of a meter.
51. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
53. English monk and scholar (672-735).
55. Less than the correct or legal or full amount often deliberately so.
58. In a civil manner.
61. A peninsula in southwestern Europe.
62. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
64. A Dravidian language spoken in south central India.
65. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
70. Of or like a cecum.
72. A piece of furniture that provides a place to sleep.
74. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
76. In a straight unbroken line of descent from parent to child.
77. A state in the western United States.
79. Earlier in time.
82. The capital of Morocco.
83. An unreduced or unbroken completeness or totality.
85. Affect with wonder.
86. (Irish) Chief god of the Tuatha De Danann.
87. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
88. A Loloish language.
90. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
92. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
93. God of love and erotic desire.
96. Injured by bites or stings.
97. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
99. Light informal conversation for social occasions.