1. An electrically charged particle.
4. One of the four countries that make up the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
9. A message received and understood that reduces the recipient's uncertainty.
13. Inquire about.
16. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
17. A city in the Saxony region of Germany on the Saale River.
18. A small wooded hollow.
19. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
20. One of the three Furies.
22. South American cavy.
24. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
25. 1,000 baiza equal 1 riyal-omani.
26. (Greek mythology) The goddess of divine retribution and vengeance.
29. A simple type of jet engine.
30. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
32. Moving quickly and lightly.
35. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
37. (Roman mythology) The Roman god of doorways and passages.
41. A spirit believed to inhabit an object or preside over a place (especially in ancient Roman religion).
44. Isolated from others.
45. Thin fibrous bark of the paper mulberry and Pipturus albidus.
48. A genus of Laridae.
49. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
50. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
51. A strong-smelling plant from whose dried leaves a number of euphoriant and hallucinogenic drugs are prepared.
52. Money in the form of bills or coins.
54. Of or relating to or having the characteristics of a satyr.
56. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
57. The Palestinian uprising (beginning in 1987) against the Israeli occupation of the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
59. A workplace where ships are built or repaired.
61. A picture (or series of pictures) representing a continuous scene.
64. Any of various large keen-sighted diurnal birds of prey noted for their broad wings and strong soaring flight.
65. An organization of independent states to promote international peace and security.
66. A cape at the southern tip of Norway.
68. (of persons) Highest in rank or authority or office.
70. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
75. Characteristic of false pride.
79. Any monosaccharide sugar that contains a ketone group or its hemiacetal.
81. An upward slope or grade (as in a road).
82. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
83. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
84. The federal government of the United States.
87. Cut the head of.
89. A large cask especially one holding a volume equivalent to 2 butts or 252 gals.
90. Earlier a god.
91. A sails-shaped constellation in the southern hemisphere near Carina.
93. The 21st letter of the Greek alphabet.
94. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
95. Desert shrub of Syria and Arabia having small white flowers.
96. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
97. A prominent rock or pile of rocks on a hill.
1. A metrical unit with unstressed-stressed syllables.
2. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
3. Medium-sized tree having glossy lanceolate leaves.
4. Of or relating to or derived from wheat.
5. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
6. An extensive grassy and nearly treeless plain (especially in Latin America).
7. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
8. Morally degraded.
9. In the Roman calendar.
10. Having short a smooth or spirally ridged shell with thick usually toothed outer lip and toothed operculum.
11. The soft tissue of the body of a vertebrate.
12. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
13. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
14. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
15. God of love and erotic desire.
21. Any of numerous ornamental shrubs grown for their showy flowers of various colors.
23. A person who rides a pedal-driven vehicle (as a bicycle).
27. Order of mammals having few or no teeth including.
28. Type genus of the Sialidae.
31. Slightly open.
33. The basic unit of money in Paraguay.
34. Painting that applies the pigment thickly so that brush or palette knife marks are visible.
36. (stock market) Expecting prices to fall.
38. A canvas bag that is used to feed an animal (such as a horse).
39. Extricate from entanglement.
40. Pertaining to or located on or near the seacoast.
42. City in central Iran.
43. The lofty nest of a bird of prey (such as a hawk or eagle).
46. State in northeastern India.
47. Evergreen trees or shrubs of mountains of Australia and Tasmania.
53. Type genus of the family Hirudinidae.
55. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
58. A device for creating a current of air by movement of a surface or surfaces.
60. A name for the Old Testament God as transliterated from the Hebrew YHVH.
62. An antibiotic (trade name Azactam) used against severe infections.
63. A large stringed instrument.
67. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
69. The remains of something that has been destroyed or broken up.
70. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
71. Type genus of the Cebidae.
72. Make amends for.
73. (`cease' is a noun only in the phrase `without cease') End v 1.
74. The forest trees growing in a country or region.
76. Having or showing knowledge and skill and aptitude.
77. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
78. An extreme state of adversity.
80. A mark left by the healing of injured tissue.
85. The option to sell a given stock (or stock index or commodity future) at a given price before a given date.
86. A strong emotion.
88. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
92. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.