1. An oral poliovirus vaccine (containing live but weakened poliovirus) that is given to provide immunity to poliomyelitis.
4. The act of swimming.
9. (Sumerian) Sun god.
13. White crystalline compound used as a food additive to enhance flavor.
16. European strong-scented perennial herb with gray-green bitter-tasting leaves.
17. A village of huts for native Africans in southern Africa.
18. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
19. A hospital unit staffed and equipped to provide intensive care.
20. Loose or flaccid body fat.
22. The doctrine or belief that there is no God.
23. Obvious and dull.
25. A golf shot that curves to the right for a right-handed golfer.
26. A branch of the Tai languages.
27. Headdress that protects the head from bad weather.
29. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
30. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
32. Love unquestioningly and uncritically.
34. Of or relating to the heart.
37. Having help.
38. A lawman concerned with narcotics violations.
42. Before noon.
43. 16 ounces.
44. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
46. Submerged freshwater perennials.
48. A light-weight hat worn in tropical countries for protection from the sun.
51. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
54. Collect or gather.
55. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
56. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
58. A large mountain system in south-central Europe.
59. Nocturnal badger-like carnivore of wooded regions of Africa and southern Asia.
61. (of reproduction) Not involving the fusion of male and female gametes reproduction".
63. Being one more than two.
64. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
65. An emotional response that has been acquired by conditioning.
66. The square of a body of any size of type.
67. (psychoanalysis) An idealized image of someone (usually a parent) formed in childhood.
69. A clergyman or other person in religious orders.
72. A handsaw for cutting with the grain of the wood.
75. A unit of power equal to 746 watts.
76. A river in northern England that flows east to the North Sea.
77. A substance produced by the hypothalamus that is capable of accelerating the secretion of a given hormone by the anterior pituitary gland.
78. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
79. Unit of heat defined as the quantity of heat required to raise the temperature of 1 gram of water by 1 degree centigrade at atmospheric pressure.
84. Distinctive and stylish elegance.
85. Antacid (trade name Prilosec) that suppresses acid secretion in the stomach.
89. The quantity contained in a keg.
90. Dry red table wine from the Rioja region of northern Spain.
93. Freedom from difficulty or hardship or effort.
94. In the Arabian Nights a hero who tells of the fantastic adventures he had in his voyages.
97. A jaunty rhythm in music.
98. Chocolate cookie with white cream filling.
99. Having an eye or eyes or eyelike feature especially as specified.
101. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
102. To run away.
103. A quantity of no importance.
104. A cylindrical tower used for storing silage.
105. A health resort near a spring or at the seaside.
1. German musician who developed a system for teaching music to children (1895-1982).
2. The basic unit of money in Botswana.
3. Included seven times in every 19 years.
4. A radioactive transuranic element.
5. A genus of orb-weaving spiders including common garden spiders and barn spiders.
6. About three feet long exclusive of tail.
7. German chemist who was co-discoverer with Lise Meitner of nuclear fission (1879-1968).
8. Resembling or characteristic of or appropriate to an elegy.
9. (used of certain religious orders) Barefoot or wearing only sandals.
10. (Mexican) Corn and cornmeal dough stuffed with a meat mixture then wrapped in corn husks and steamed.
11. Being or moving higher in position or greater in some value.
12. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
13. Tropical Asian starlings.
14. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
15. (Babylonian) Goddess of healing and consort of Ninurta.
21. Small and round and shiny like a shiny bead or button.
24. A benign epithelial tumor of glandular origin.
28. The periodic rise and fall of the sea level under the gravitational pull of the moon.
31. Support resembling the rib of an animal.
33. An ornamental jewelled headdress signifying sovereignty.
35. Without regard for morality.
36. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
39. A port city in southwestern Turkey on the Gulf of Antalya.
40. Italian composer remembered for his symphonic poems (1879-1936).
41. Low tufted evergreen shrubs of colder parts of north temperate regions having mosslike foliage and nodding white or pink flowers.
45. (South African) A camp defended by a circular formation of wagons.
47. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
49. Footwear usually with wooden soles.
50. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
52. A small zodiacal constellation in the northern hemisphere.
53. A member of the Algonquian people formerly inhabiting the Maritime Provinces of Canada.
57. (usually followed by `to') Full of eagerness.
60. Being six more than fifty.
62. Being one more than one hundred.
68. The commonest protein in muscle.
70. (informal) Having consumed enough food or drink.
71. Of a moderate yellow-green color that is greener and deeper than moss green and yellower and darker than pea green.
72. About three feet long exclusive of tail.
73. A kind of heavy jacket (`windcheater' is a British term).
74. (often followed by `of') A large number or amount or extent.
80. A city in southern Texas on the Rio Grande.
81. British colonial financier and statesman in South Africa.
82. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
83. Yellow-fever mosquitos.
86. A barrier consisting of a horizontal bar and supports.
87. A small island.
88. A genus of Mustelidae.
91. A car suitable for traveling over rough terrain.
92. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
95. A long thin fluffy scarf of feathers or fur.
96. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity equal to 10 decibels.
100. A Loloish language.