1. Serving as or forming a base.
5. Lasting through a year.
13. A notice of someone's death.
17. Type genus of the Amiidae.
18. Containing or characterized by ellipsis.
19. A narrow way or road.
20. Altered from an originally straight condition.
21. Projectiles to be fired from a gun.
22. In operation or operational.
23. British composer (1857-1934).
24. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
25. Porridge made of rolled oats.
28. A system of one or more computers and associated software with common storage.
29. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
30. A hotel providing overnight lodging for travelers.
31. Amount of a charge or payment relative to some basis.
32. A metric unit of volume equal to one tenth of a liter.
33. Indicated by necessary connotation though not expressed directly.
36. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
37. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
39. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
42. Of or relating to or containing cerium with valence 3.
46. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
48. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
49. Wife of Balder.
52. A pale rose-colored variety of the ruby spinel.
57. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
58. Made of packed earth or gravel.
59. Web-footed diving seabirds of northern seas.
60. Soft white semisolid fat obtained by rendering the fatty tissue of the hog v 1.
61. Swiss psychologist remembered for his studies of cognitive development in children (1896-1980).
64. Any of various perennials of the genus Geum having usually pinnate basal leaves and variously colored flowers.
65. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
67. A legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body.
68. A member of a subgroup of people who inhabit Lesotho.
70. Minute freshwater crustacean having a round body enclosed in a transparent shell.
73. Genus of perennial rhizomatous herb of southern and southeastern United States.
76. A metallic element of the rare earth group.
78. Extinct flightless bird of New Zealand.
79. Roman statesman and philosopher who was and advisor to Nero (circa 4 BC - 65 AD).
81. Freedom from difficulty or hardship or effort.
85. Being or moving higher in position or greater in some value.
86. A tuba that coils over the shoulder of the musician.
89. An alloy of copper and zinc (and sometimes arsenic) used to imitate gold in cheap jewelry and for gilding.
91. The residue that remains when something is burned.
93. Selected as the best.
94. An emotion experienced in anticipation of some specific pain or danger (usually accompanied by a desire to flee or fight).
96. Counting the number of white and red blood cells and the number of platelets in 1 cubic millimeter of blood.
97. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
98. A central point or locus of an infection in an organism.
99. A family of languages of the Fula people of west Africa in the sub-Sahara regions from Senegal to Chad.
100. A guided missile fired from shipboard against an airborne target.
1. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
2. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
3. In the Arabian Nights a hero who tells of the fantastic adventures he had in his voyages.
4. Suitable for use as food.
5. An affirmative.
6. A town on Long Island in New York.
7. An annual publication including weather forecasts and other miscellaneous information arranged according to the calendar of a given year.
8. A public act of violence by an unruly mob.
9. A long-playing phonograph record.
10. A member of the Siouan people inhabiting the valleys of the Platte and Missouri rivers in Nebraska.
11. (Babylonian) A goddess of the watery deep and daughter of Ea.
12. 1,000,000,000 periods per second.
13. A Dravidian language spoken in south central India.
14. Capital and largest city of Iraq.
15. Not elegant or graceful in expression.
16. Brief and to the point.
26. The 3 goddesses of fate or destiny.
27. The sacred city of Lamaism.
34. A monument built to honor soldiers who died in a war.
35. A large number or amount.
38. A port city in southwestern Iran.
40. A solution containing a phosphate buffer.
41. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
43. Not mated sexually.
44. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria and closely related to Hausa.
45. A musical instrument consisting of graduated steel plates that are struck by hammers activated by a keyboard.
47. A cigar made with light-colored tobacco.
50. A knife used as a weapon.
51. Of or relating to or characteristic of Hades or Tartarus.
53. Capable of being added or added to.
54. Bony fishes of the southern hemisphere that breathe by a modified air bladder as well as gills.
55. Bristlelike process near the tip of the antenna of certain flies.
56. Caught in European waters.
62. Florentine painter who gave up the stiff Byzantine style and developed a more naturalistic style.
63. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
66. Of or relating to or characteristic of Israel or its people.
67. A town on Long Island in New York.
69. A city in western Germany near the Dutch and Belgian borders.
70. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
71. The sodium salt of amobarbital that is used as a barbiturate.
72. A complex red organic pigment containing iron and other atoms to which oxygen binds.
74. A member of a Finnish people of Russia.
75. An organization of independent states to promote international peace and security.
77. A popular vacation spot in the Canadian Rockies.
78. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
80. A book of the New Testament.
82. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
83. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
84. Electronic warfare undertaken to insure effective friendly use of the electromagnetic spectrum in spite of the enemy's use of electronic warfare.
87. Having leadership guidance.
88. A hospital unit staffed and equipped to provide intensive care.
90. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
91. A state in New England.
92. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
93. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
95. A bivalent and trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.