1. The residue that remains when something is burned.
4. A city in northwestern Switzerland.
9. A unit of power equal to 1 joule per second.
13. A strong emotion.
16. A digital display that uses liquid crystal cells that change reflectivity in an applied electric field.
17. Make less active or intense.
18. A city in northern India.
19. Experiencing or showing sorrow or unhappiness.
20. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
21. The ninth month of the Moslem calendar.
23. A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (trade name Ansaid) that is administered only orally.
25. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
27. A province in north-central China.
28. The basic unit of money in Western Samoa.
29. African tree with edible yellow fruit resembling mangos.
32. One thousandth of a second.
34. A Loloish language.
36. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
37. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.
38. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
41. Belonging to some prior time.
43. A domed or vaulted recess or projection on a building especially the east end of a church.
46. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
48. Muslim name for God.
50. One thousand grams.
51. Full of seeds.
52. United States industrialist who manufactured plows suitable for working the prairie soil (1804-1886).
53. A sign of something about to happen.
54. (Old Testament) The eldest son of Isaac who would have inherited the Covenant that God made with Abraham and that Abraham passed on to Isaac.
55. King of Saudi Arabia since 1982 (born in 1922).
57. A source of oil.
58. Ancient Hebrew unit of liquid measure = 1.5 gallons.
60. Being one hundred more than three hundred.
62. English writer and historian.
64. Grow by addition, as of capital.
69. Having been taken into the mouth for consumption.
70. A great raja.
71. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
73. A branch of the Tai languages.
74. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
75. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
77. Any cone-shaped artifact.
79. Russian abstract painter (1878-1935).
82. God of wealth and love.
86. Large spreading Old World tree having large leaves and globose clusters of greenish-yellow flowers and long seed pods that clatter in the wind.
87. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
91. First woman aviator to fly solo nonstop across the Atlantic (1928).
93. South American cavy.
95. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
96. Black tropical American cuckoo.
97. Someone who drives racing cars at high speeds.
99. French physicist noted for research on magnetism (born in 1904).
100. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
101. A doctor's degree in dental surgery.
102. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
103. A member of a pastoral people living in the Nilgiri hills of southern India.
104. A young woman making her debut into society.
105. A sliver-white metallic element of the platinum group that resembles platinum.
1. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
2. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
3. A lipoprotein that transports cholesterol in the blood.
4. United States writer of poems and plays about racial conflict (born in 1934).
5. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
6. The language of the nomadic Lapp people in northern Scandinavia and the Kola Peninsula.
7. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
8. A projecting ridge on a mountain or submerged under water.
9. An ambitious and aspiring young person.
10. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
11. Any physical damage to the body caused by violence or accident or fracture etc..
12. Of a light yellowish-brown color n 1.
13. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
14. A barrier consisting of a horizontal bar and supports.
15. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
22. An association of people to promote the welfare of senior citizens.
24. English writer (1672-1729).
26. Wild and domesticated birds having a heavy body and short legs.
30. Lower in esteem.
31. A minor Hebrew prophet (8th century BC).
33. A base or platform on which hay or corn is stacked.
35. Not friendly.
39. Of or relating to the life and times of kings Charles I or Charles II of England.
40. The capital and largest city of Wyoming.
42. A small slip noose made with seizing.
44. The foot of a human being.
45. Deduce (a principle) or construe (a meaning).
47. Having a claw or claws.
49. A landlocked constitutional monarchy in southern Africa.
56. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
59. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
61. A person forced to flee from home or country.
63. An archaic name for Easter or Passover.
65. English courtier (a favorite of Elizabeth I) who tried to colonize Virginia.
66. (used of count nouns) Every one considered individually.
67. Russian physicist (1895-1971).
68. (physiology) Of nerves and nerve impulses.
72. Liquorice-flavored seeds or oil used in cookies or cakes or pickles.
73. Of a light yellowish-brown color n 1.
76. A metal frame or container holding cartridges.
78. Any of the openings to the nasal cavities that allow air to flow through the cavities to the pharynx.
80. The fourth month of the Hindu calendar.
81. Any of various small insectivorous American birds chiefly olive-gray in color.
83. The (prehensile) extremity of the superior limb.
84. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
85. Make an etching of.
88. Set down according to a plan.
89. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
90. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
92. A reproach for some lapse or misdeed.
94. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
98. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.