1. The unit of frequency.
4. Very dark black.
8. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
12. Two items of the same kind.
16. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
17. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
18. Type genus of the Majidae.
19. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
20. Being one more than fifteen.
21. Someone who habitually doubts accepted beliefs.
22. One of the evil spirits of traditional Jewish and Christian belief.
24. The flesh of a chicken used for food.
26. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
28. Steal goods.
29. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
31. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
33. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
34. To gain with effort.
37. Czech composer who combined folk elements with traditional forms (1841-1904).
41. A colorless element that is one of the six inert gasses.
42. Of or relating to an inability to urinate.
47. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
49. Half the width of an em.
50. The expression on a person's face.
51. The basic unit of money in Western Samoa.
52. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
54. Australian tennis player who in 1962 was the second man to win the Australian and French and English and United States singles titles in the same year.
57. The habitation of wild animals.
58. Lower in esteem.
60. Low spreading tropical American shrub with long slender leaves used to make a mildly stimulating drink resembling tea.
62. Any tree or shrub of the genus Inga having pinnate leaves and showy usually white flowers.
64. Small striped semiterrestrial eastern American squirrel with cheek pouches.
66. Relating to or containing acetic acid.
67. A colorless explosive liquid that is volatile and poisonous and foul-smelling.
69. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
71. Superior to the average.
72. Provide commentary for a film, for example.
73. Have a disagreement over something.
75. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
76. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
78. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
80. A genus of Ploceidae.
89. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
90. One of the two main branches of orthodox Islam.
92. An international organization created in 1949 by the North Atlantic Treaty for purposes of collective security.
94. Characterized by lightness and insubstantiality.
95. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity equal to 10 decibels.
96. Tall annual cereal grass bearing kernels on large ears.
97. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
98. Goddess of fertility.
99. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
100. Advanced in years.
101. Bony flesh of herring-like fish usually caught during their migration to fresh water for spawning.
102. The flesh of animals (including fishes and birds and snails) used as food.
1. Being five more than one hundred sixty.
2. A small constellation near the South Pole between Tucana and Ara.
3. The second great battle of the American Civil War (1862).
4. Store in a silo, as of fodder.
5. Rich Middle Eastern cake made of thin layers of flaky pastry filled with nuts and honey.
6. German industrialist who was the first in Germany to use an assembly line in manufacturing automobiles (1871-1948).
7. The back side of the neck.
8. Type genus of the Amiidae.
9. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
10. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
11. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
12. A person of unquestioning obedience.
13. God of the Underworld.
14. A statistical method for making simultaneous comparisons between two or more means.
15. The brightest star in Cygnus.
23. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
25. Surveying instrument consisting of the upper movable part of a theodolite including the telescope and its attachments.
27. (plural) Rare collector's items.
30. 32nd President of the United States.
32. One who works hard at boring tasks.
35. A kind of sideboard or buffet.
36. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
39. A member of the Siouan people inhabiting the valleys of the Platte and Missouri rivers in Nebraska.
40. A member of the Muskhogean people formerly living in northern Alabama.
43. Undo the ties of.
44. Make dull or stupid.
45. A crystalline amino acid that occurs in many proteins.
46. Hypothetical remedy for all ills or diseases.
48. A town in east central Maine on the Penobscot River.
53. A member of the Taracahitian people of central Mexico.
55. Inquire about.
56. Committee formed by a special-interest group to raise money for their favorite political candidates.
59. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
61. River in eastern Asia.
63. Open to or abounding in fresh air.
65. The range within which a voice can be heard.
68. Small bitter fruit of the marasca cherry tree from whose juice maraschino liqueur is made.
69. Rich Middle Eastern cake made of thin layers of flaky pastry filled with nuts and honey.
70. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
74. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
77. Either of two large African antelopes of the genus Taurotragus having short spirally twisted horns in both sexes.
79. Excessively fat.
81. In bed.
82. (British) An open river valley (in a hilly area).
83. A river in northern England that flows southeast through West Yorkshire.
84. Type genus of the Anatidae.
85. Scottish chemist noted for his research into the structure of nucleic acids (born in 1907).
86. Injure or wound seriously and leave permanent disfiguration or mutilation.
87. An elaborate song for solo voice.
88. A closed sac that develops abnormally in some body structure.
91. A person regarded as greedy and pig-like.
93. Brief episode in which the brain gets insufficient blood supply.