1. The sound made by a cat (or any sound resembling this).
4. A name that has been assumed temporarily.
9. An aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect.
13. Standard temperature and pressure.
16. The residue that remains when something is burned.
17. A member of the Siouan people of the Kansas river valley in Kansas.
18. Using speech rather than writing.
19. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
20. Fish eggs or egg-filled ovary.
21. Not usual or common or ordinary.
23. A game played with young children.
25. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
27. One of the three Furies.
28. Something that baffles understanding and cannot be explained.
29. Having lips or parts that resemble lips.
31. A lipoprotein that transports cholesterol in the blood.
32. A city in northwestern Switzerland.
34. A member of the Siouan people of the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
37. An artificial source of visible illumination.
41. Being or moving higher in position or greater in some value.
44. A genus of Indriidae.
45. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
46. Fertility goddess in ancient Greek mythology.
48. A state in New England.
50. An imaginary line connecting points on the Earth's surface where the magnetic declination is the same.
52. An infant who is sponsored by an adult (the godparent) at baptism.
54. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
56. Close-fitting pants of heavy denim for casual wear (usually in the plural).
57. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
58. (used of animals especially a horse) Of a moderate reddish-brown color n 1.
60. (Greek mythology) The Muse of lyric and love poetry.
61. Rock that form the continuous lower layer of the earth's crust.
63. (botany) Tissue that conducts synthesized food substances (e.g., from leaves) to parts where needed.
65. A unit of pain intensity.
66. A river that rises in central Germany and flows north to join the Elbe River.
68. A drop of the clear salty saline solution secreted by the lacrimal glands.
69. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
72. A building used to house military personnel v 1.
74. Of or relating to or resembling a lobule.
76. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
79. Tough protective covering of the woody stems and roots of trees and other woody plants.
81. A flexible container with a single opening.
82. Australian shrubs and small trees with evergreen usually spiny leaves and dense clusters of showy flowers.
84. State in northeastern India.
87. (Phoenician and Philistine) God of agriculture and the earth.
91. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
92. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
95. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
97. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
98. An aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect.
100. Elder brother of Krishna.
102. A notable achievement.
103. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
104. A lender to whom money is owed.
105. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
1. The 4th planet from the sun.
2. A program under which employees regularly accumulate shares and may ultimately assume control of the company.
3. Forces that provide energy and direction.
4. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
5. An island of central Hawaii.
6. Any plant of the genus Inula.
7. A useful or valuable quality.
8. A deep pan with a handle.
9. The capital of Emilia-Romagna.
10. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
11. Author of satirical attacks on medieval scholasticism (1494-1553).
12. Being or having light colored skin and hair and usually blue or gray eyes.
13. A brace that extends from the rear of the keel to support the rudderpost.
14. Be teeming, be abuzz.
15. An informal term for a father.
22. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
24. Someone who takes spoils or plunder (as in war).
26. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
30. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
33. A disorder of the vocal organs that results in the loss of voice.
35. The act working too much or too long.
36. (anatomy) Of or relating to a chiasm.
38. Lacking gonads.
39. One of the three prairie provinces in central Canada.
40. A tooth having two cusps or points.
42. Type genus of the Amiidae.
43. The hood or cap covering the calyx of certain plants.
47. Swelling from excessive accumulation of serous fluid in tissue.
49. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
51. A European river.
53. A hemoprotein composed of globin and heme that gives red blood cells their characteristic color.
55. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
59. (usually in the plural) Pants for casual wear.
62. American dramatist (1928- ).
64. Heard or perceptible by the ear.
67. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
70. A former monetary unit in Great Britain.
71. A state of Uganda and site of a former Bantu kingdom.
72. A brace that extends from the rear of the keel to support the rudderpost.
73. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali metal group.
75. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
77. Long-winged web-footed aquatic bird of the gull family.
78. Jordan's port.
80. A unit of weight for precious stones = 200 mg.
83. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
85. A dress worn primarily by Hindu women.
86. Black honeycreepers with yellow feathers around the tail.
88. A Gaelic-speaking Celt in Ireland or Scotland or the Isle of Man.
89. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
90. A quantity of no importance.
93. Counting the number of white and red blood cells and the number of platelets in 1 cubic millimeter of blood.
94. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
96. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
99. The square of a body of any size of type.
101. A public promotion of some product or service.