1. The portion of the vertebrate nervous system consisting of the brain and spinal cord.
4. A summary that repeats the substance of a longer discussion.
9. The number of opening per inch of a screen.
13. The sign language used in the United States.
16. Annual grass of Europe and North Africa.
17. Jordan's port.
18. Belonging to some prior time.
19. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
20. The act of accelerating.
22. A grand and imposing entrance (often extended metaphorically).
24. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
25. Suggestive of the supernatural.
26. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
27. Fear resulting from the awareness of danger.
29. Highly aromatic inner bark of the Canella winterana used as a condiment and a tonic.
30. A member of a North American people formerly living in the Colorado river valley in Arizona.
32. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
34. Fleshy tawny or reddish saprophytic herb resembling the Indian pipe and growing in woodland humus of eastern North America.
38. Type genus of the Meliaceae.
44. Undo the ties of.
45. A public promotion of some product or service.
46. One thousand periods per second.
47. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
50. A student who studies excessively.
51. A deceptive maneuver (especially to avoid capture).
54. South African plant widely cultivated for its showy pure white spathe and yellow spadix.
55. A legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body.
57. Panel forming the lower part of an interior wall when it is finished differently from the rest.
58. United States sculptor and architect whose public works include the memorial to veterans of the Vietnam War in Washington (born in 1959).
59. Genus of large deciduous nut-bearing trees.
61. Selected as the best.
65. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
66. A radioactive transuranic element which has been synthesized.
68. An associate degree in nursing.
69. A motorboat resembling a motor scooter.
71. Wood of a yew.
73. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
76. Planetarium consisting of an apparatus that illustrates the relative positions and motions of bodies in the solar system by rotation and revolution of balls moved by wheelwork.
78. A slab of stone or wood suitable for bearing an inscription.
80. Australian shrubs and small trees with evergreen usually spiny leaves and dense clusters of showy flowers.
83. A Hindu disciple of a swami.
85. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
89. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
90. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
93. Wife or mistress of Zeus and mother of Apollo and Artemis in ancient mythology.
95. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
96. A run that is the result of the batter's performance.
97. The month following March and preceding May.
98. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
99. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
100. The fatty flesh of eel.
101. Reconnaissance (by shortening).
102. Stable gear consisting of either of two curved supports that are attached to the collar of a draft horse and that hold the traces.
103. A light touch or stroke.
1. Ratio of the hypotenuse to the opposite side.
2. Greek mythology.
3. Of or relating to or near the sternum.
4. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
5. Well matched.
6. United States film maker (1897-1991).
7. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
8. Small tree native to the eastern United States having oblong leaves and fleshy fruit.
9. Relating to principles of right and wrong.
10. Take or catch as if in a snare or trap.
11. Large shrimp sauteed in oil or butter and garlic.
12. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
13. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
14. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
15. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
21. Suggesting an eye or eyes.
23. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
28. An earth color containing ferric oxides.
31. (Babylonian) The sky god.
33. Feed, care for, and rear young birds for flight.
35. (trademark) A cobalt-base alloy with chromium and other metals.
36. A commercial airplane that carries passengers.
37. A ostentatious and inappropriate display of learning.
39. Give an education to.
40. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
41. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
42. An ester of adenosine that is converted to ATP for energy storage.
43. Enthusiastic approval.
48. Cause to combine with iodine.
49. Yellow-fever mosquitos.
52. Of a pale yellow color like straw.
53. A brittle silver-white metalloid element that is related to selenium and sulfur.
56. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
60. A period of time containing 365 (or 366) days.
62. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
63. Make a prediction about.
64. The large trunk artery that carries blood from the left ventricle of the heart to branch arteries.
67. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
70. A pass between mountain peaks.
72. A starlike object that may send out radio waves and other forms of energy.
74. Verse in the meter used in Greek and Latin poetry consisting of strophes of 4 tetrametric lines.
75. (Jewish cookery) A loaf of white bread containing eggs and leavened with yeast.
77. A heavy ductile magnetic metallic element.
79. English monk and scholar (672-735).
81. A French abbot.
82. A hardy cabbage with coarse curly leaves that do not form a head.
84. Exhibiting or restored to vigorous good health.
86. (computer science) A data transmission rate (bits/second) for modems.
87. God of love and erotic desire.
88. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
91. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
92. Government agency created in 1974 to license and regulate nuclear power plants.
94. A woolen cap of Scottish origin.