1. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
4. Reddish long-tailed monkey of west Africa.
9. Capital and largest city and economic center of Peru.
13. A case for containing a set of articles.
16. United States musician (born in Japan) who married John Lennon and collaborated with him on recordings (born in 1933).
17. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
18. Having little physical or spiritual strength.
19. Seek someone's favor.
20. A member of the Siouan people of the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
22. A support that steadies or strengthens something else.
25. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
28. A Kwa language spoken in Ghana and the Ivory Coast.
29. A South American shrub whose leaves are chewed by natives of the Andes.
31. The line formed by the lower edge of a skirt or coat.
33. A quantum of electromagnetic radiation.
35. The capital and largest city of Norway.
39. River in eastern Asia.
40. A rare polyvalent metallic element of the platinum group.
41. Perennial herbs or subshrubs of especially Mediterranean area.
44. A metric unit of capacity equal to the volume of 1 kilogram of pure water at 4 degrees centigrade and 760 mm of mercury (or approximately 1.76 pints).
47. (prefix) Within.
49. Property of a personal character that is portable but not used in business.
50. Person who does no work.
51. Narrow wood or metal or plastic runners used for gliding over snow.
52. A substance produced by the hypothalamus that is capable of accelerating the secretion of a given hormone by the anterior pituitary gland.
53. A man's courting of a woman.
55. Being one more than fifty.
56. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
60. Keep in a certain state, position, or activity.
63. Sauce for pasta.
65. Be obedient to.
66. With rapid movements.
67. Large genus of evergreen lianas of tropical America.
69. The central area of a church.
70. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
71. (astronomy) A measure of time defined by Earth's orbital motion.
72. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
73. An ancient town on Crete where Bronze Age culture flourished from about 2000 BC to 1400 BC.
77. (Scotland) A small loaf or roll of soft bread.
79. Denoting a quantity consisting of 12 items or units.
80. By bad luck.
86. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
89. Tag the base runner to get him out.
91. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
93. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
94. A liquid used for printing or writing or drawing.
95. Of or relating to or supporting Hinduism.
96. The dialect of Albanian spoken in northern Albania and Yugoslavia.
98. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
99. A city in Indonesia.
100. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
101. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
1. An Egyptian descended from the ancient Egyptians.
2. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
3. A constitutional monarchy in a tiny enclave on the French Riviera.
4. Perennial herb of East India to Polynesia and Australia cultivated for its large edible root yielding Otaheite arrowroot starch.
5. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
6. Forbidden to profane use especially in South Pacific islands.
7. Striped hyena of southeast Africa that feeds chiefly on insects.
8. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
9. 100 lwei equal 1 kwanza.
10. That is to say.
11. Having many worn or threadbare spots in the nap.
12. A state in northwestern North America.
13. A member of the Wakashan people living on Queen Charlotte Sound and northern Vancouver Island.
14. A resident of Iowa.
15. A unit of weight equivalent to 1000 kilograms.
21. The Fate who spins the thread of life.
23. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
24. Abnormally deficient in color as suggesting physical or emotional distress.
26. The capital of Australia.
27. A state in New England.
30. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
32. Evil or harmful in nature or influence.
34. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the western Dakotas.
36. (often followed by `of') A large number or amount or extent.
37. Informal or slang terms for mentally irregular.
38. Thick cushion used as a seat.
42. Establish or strengthen as with new evidence or facts.
43. Of or relating to or characteristic of Asia or the peoples of Asia or their languages or culture.
45. Sculpture consisting of shapes carved on a surface so as to stand out from the surrounding background.
46. (classical mythology) The hideous snake-haired monsters (usually three in number) who pursued unpunished criminals.
48. A crown-like jewelled headdress worn by women on formal occasions.
54. The seventh month of the civil year.
57. A gaping grimace.
58. The Uralic language spoken by the Yeniseian people.
59. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
61. Either of two masses of lymphatic tissue one on each side of the oral pharynx.
62. Inability to walk.
64. An imaginary elephant that appears in a series of French books for children.
68. An androgen (trade names Durabolin or Kabolin) that is used to treat testosterone deficiency or breast cancer or osteoporosis.
74. An adult castrated bull of the genus Bos.
75. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
76. Unable to see.
78. A large heavy knife used in Central and South America as a weapon or for cutting vegetation.
81. A narrow way or road.
82. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
83. An informal term for a father.
84. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
85. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
87. Type genus of the Majidae.
88. In bed.
90. A master's degree in theology.
92. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
97. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.