1. The cry made by sheep.
4. Start abruptly.
9. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
13. A caustic detergent useful for removing grease.
16. An ester of adenosine that is converted to ATP for energy storage.
17. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
18. Two items of the same kind.
19. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
20. A painful emotion resulting from an awareness of inadequacy or guilt.
22. Without doubt or question.
25. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
28. The mountain peak that Noah's ark landed on as the waters of the great flood receded.
30. A motley assortment of things.
32. Pearl oysters.
34. An associate degree in nursing.
35. Evergreen Indian shrub with vivid yellow flowers whose bark is used in tanning.
39. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
40. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
43. Make anew.
44. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
46. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
48. A member of a Turkic people of Uzbekistan and neighboring areas.
51. A distinct part that can be specified separately in a group of things that could be enumerated on a list.
52. Fishtail palm of India to Malay Peninsula.
55. Unarmed feather palms of central and northern South America.
57. Agency of the United States government charged with mediating disputes between management and labor.
58. Any organic compound containing the group -CONH2.
59. Having an oblique or slanted direction.
61. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
62. A cushion on a throne for a prince in India.
63. Being one more than one hundred.
64. Seed of a pea plant.
65. The principal evil jinni in Islamic mythology.
67. Either extremity of something that has length.
71. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
72. Aromatic Old World herb having aromatic threadlike foliage and seeds used as seasoning.
74. British composer (1857-1934).
75. (Irish) Chief god of the Tuatha De Danann.
77. A Loloish language.
78. French philosopher (1909-1943).
79. The Mongol people living the the central and eastern parts of Outer Mongolia.
82. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
84. Informal terms for a mother.
86. A narrow headband or strip of ribbon worn as a headband.
90. Tent that is an Eskimo summer dwelling.
91. A genus of the cactus family with scarlet flowers.
95. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
97. A small cake leavened with yeast.
98. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
99. A member of an American Indian peoples of NE South America and the Lesser Antilles.
102. A British peer ranking below a Marquess and above a Viscount.
104. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
105. A shape that sags.
106. An anti-TNF compound (trade name Arava) that is given orally.
107. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
108. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Serving as or forming a base.
2. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
3. The great hall in ancient Persian palaces.
4. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
5. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
6. Having removed clothing.
7. Relating to or lying near the palate.
8. A unit of weight used in east Asia approximately equal to 1.3 ounces.
9. Roman Emperor who was the adoptive son of Trajan.
10. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
11. Grass mowed and cured for use as fodder.
12. A public promotion of some product or service.
13. A fraudulent business scheme.
14. Being three more than fifty.
15. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
21. Made from residue of grapes or apples after pressing.
23. A city in northern India.
24. Soviet cosmonaut who in 1961 was the first person to travel in space (1934-1968).
26. A mountain range in western Russia extending from the arctic to the Caspian Sea.
27. A room equipped with toilet facilities.
29. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
31. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
33. A mountain peak in the Andes in Bolivia (21,201 feet high).
36. Moving or directed or tending in a backward direction or contrary to a previous direction.
37. Any of various insects that feed and form galls on conifers.
38. A port city in southern Kenya on a coral island in a bay of the Indian Ocean.
41. 4-wheeled motor vehicle.
42. English monk and scholar (672-735).
45. European freshwater fish resembling the roach.
47. A structure in which one end is counterbalanced by the other (as in a bascule bridge).
49. An electrical device that can injure or kill by means of electric currents.
50. Lose blood from one's body.
53. Slang for `drunk'.
54. Flower arrangement consisting of a circular band of foliage or flowers for ornamental purposes.
56. A member of a seafaring group of North American Indians living in southern Alaska.
60. The vertical dimension of extension.
66. Spread or daub over.
68. Water that has condensed on a cool surface overnight from water vapor in the air.
69. Informal terms for money.
70. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
73. Capital and largest city and economic center of Peru.
76. Wool of the alpaca.
77. Being one more than two.
80. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
81. Jordan's port.
83. A cord fastened around the neck with an ornamental clasp and worn as a necktie.
84. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
85. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
87. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
88. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
89. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
92. A wooden pin pushed or driven into a surface.
93. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
94. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
96. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
100. Being one more than three.
101. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
103. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.