1. A widely distributed system consisting of all the cells able to ingest bacteria or colloidal particles etc, except for certain white blood cells.
4. Relating to or concerned with a city or densely populated area.
9. A raised mark on the skin (as produced by the blow of a whip).
13. Hormone released by the hypothalamus that controls the release of thyroid-stimulating hormone from the anterior pituitary.
16. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
17. Completely prepared or in condition for immediate action or use or progress.
18. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
19. The fatty flesh of eel.
20. United States newspaper publisher (1858-1935).
22. The leg from the knee to foot.
23. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
24. The relative magnitudes of two quantities (usually expressed as a quotient).
26. The process whereby heat changes something from a solid to a liquid.
27. Discrimination in favor of the able-bodied.
29. Very slow in tempo and broad in manner n.
30. A member of the dominant Hindu military caste in northern India.
32. A public promotion of some product or service.
34. The basic unit of money in South Africa.
35. United States writer (1871-1900).
39. Edible starchy tuberous root of taro plants.
40. The largest of the four main islands of Japan.
45. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
46. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
48. A draft horse harnessed alongside the shaft or pole of a vehicle.
50. A rechargeable battery with a nickel cathode and a cadmium anode.
52. A passageway between buildings or giving access to a basement.
54. A cord that is drawn through eyelets or around hooks in order to draw together two edges (as of a shoe or garment).
55. A city in the European part of Russia.
56. (surgery) Tissue or organ transplanted from a donor to a recipient.
57. A short introductory essay preceding the text of a book.
59. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
61. A light strong gray lustrous corrosion-resistant metallic element used in strong light-weight alloys (as for airplane parts).
62. A state in midwestern United States.
63. An anxiety disorder characterized by chronic free-floating anxiety and such symptoms as tension or sweating or trembling of light-headedness or irritability etc that has lasted for more than six months.
64. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
65. Freed from bondage.
68. Old World woody vines.
70. A city in the Saxony region of Germany on the Saale River.
72. Fallow deer.
75. The chief source of beryllium.
76. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
78. The amount added to the cost to determine the asking price.
79. An Indian side dish of yogurt and chopped cucumbers and spices.
82. Lower in esteem.
84. Food mixtures either arranged on a plate or tossed and served with a moist dressing.
88. United States painter born in Germany.
90. Goods (or wreckage) on the sea bed that is attached to a buoy so that it can be recovered.
92. A Hindu prince or king in India.
93. Japanese ornamental tree with fragrant white or pink blossoms and small yellow fruits.
94. A long thin piece of cloth or paper as used for binding or fastening.
96. (used as a sentenced connector) Therefore or consequently.
97. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
98. The foot of a human being.
99. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
100. Two items of the same kind.
101. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
1. A public act of violence by an unruly mob.
2. (used of count nouns) Every one considered individually.
3. A Nilo-Saharan language spoken in parts of Chad.
4. An ancient city of Sumer located on a former channel of the Euphrates River.
5. A summary that repeats the substance of a longer discussion.
6. Found along western Atlantic coast.
7. (of animals) Fully developed.
8. A stock exchange in New York.
9. A large number or amount.
10. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
11. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
12. A British peer ranking below a Marquess and above a Viscount.
13. Type genus of the Tetraonidae.
14. A period during which something or somebody is dominant or powerful.
15. The rising of a body of water and its overflowing onto normally dry land.
21. A port city in southern Wales on an inlet of the Bristol Channel.
25. Striped hyena of southeast Africa that feeds chiefly on insects.
28. A ship with a reinforced bow to break up ice and keep channels open for navigation.
31. A holy war by Muslims against unbelievers.
33. A young woman making her debut into society.
36. A phylum including.
37. Having low density.
38. An imperfection in a device or machine.
41. Of a leaf shape.
42. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
43. Nocturnal gregarious pig-like wild animals of North and South America.
44. Of or relating to a creed.
47. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
49. (South African) A camp defended by a circular formation of wagons.
51. A clique that seeks power usually through intrigue.
53. A period of time containing 365 (or 366) days.
58. (Greek mythology) Greek god of darkness who dwelt in the underworld.
60. Wear away through erosion or vaporization.
66. Fish eggs or egg-filled ovary.
67. Harmed or injured or spoiled.
68. A large number or amount.
69. Classification used for 5 species of terrestrial ferns usually placed in other genera.
70. Type genus of the Tetraonidae.
71. A card game for 2 players.
73. The capital of Lesotho.
74. A genus of tropical Asian and Malaysian palm trees.
77. Indigo bush.
78. A toxic nonmetallic element related to sulfur and tellurium.
80. On or toward the lee.
81. Wading birds of warm regions having long slender down-curved bills.
83. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
85. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
86. Slightly open.
87. Informal terms for a (young) woman.
89. Experiencing or showing sorrow or unhappiness.
91. The federal department responsible for safeguarding national security.
95. A sliver-white metallic element of the platinum group that resembles platinum.