1. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
4. A light spar that crosses a fore-and-aft sail diagonally.
9. A small cake leavened with yeast.
13. Counting the number of white and red blood cells and the number of platelets in 1 cubic millimeter of blood.
16. A rapid escape (as by criminals).
17. A native or inhabitant of Iran.
18. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
19. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
20. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
21. Tall erect herbs with sword-shaped leaves.
23. Capital and largest city of Iraq.
25. Round object that is hit or thrown or kicked in games.
27. A double pronged pin used to hold women's hair in place.
29. An extreme state of adversity.
30. Type genus of the Giraffidae.
31. Mites and ticks.
33. (informal) Very tired.
35. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
38. A Mid-Atlantic state.
39. Projectiles to be fired from a gun.
45. Being one more than one hundred.
46. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
47. The intended recipient of a message.
49. A small flat triangular bone in front of the knee that protects the knee joint.
53. A lump of material formed from the content of a liquid.
55. Departing or being caused to depart from the true vertical or horizontal.
56. Property that is leased or rented out or let.
57. A colorless flammable gas used chiefly in welding and in organic synthesis.
59. An inflammatory disease of connective tissue with variable features including fever and weakness and fatigability and joint pains and skin lesions on the face or neck or arms.
60. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
61. Spiny-leaved perennial herb of southern Europe having terminal clusters of small flowers.
62. A stringed instrument of India.
64. A pin used to hold the tie in place.
67. Exhibiting or restored to vigorous good health.
69. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
70. A populous province in northeastern China.
71. Relating to or denoting or characteristic of Catalonia or its inhabitants.
73. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
74. United States tennis player (born in Czechoslovakia) who won several singles championships.
75. A licensed medical practitioner.
77. A branch of the Tai languages.
79. A card game for 2 players.
84. Molten rock in the earth's crust.
88. A long-playing phonograph record.
89. A federal agency that supervises carriers that transport goods and people between states.
91. A name that has been assumed temporarily.
92. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
93. The seventh month of the Hindu calendar.
95. East Indian cereal grass whose seed yield a somewhat bitter flour, a staple in the Orient.
97. The 11th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
99. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
100. Small beads made from polished shells and formerly used as money by native Americans.
101. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
102. A sensation (as of a cold breeze or bright light) that precedes the onset of certain disorders such as a migraine attack or epileptic seizure.
103. (Brit) A tough youth of 1950's and 1960's wearing Edwardian style clothes.
1. Loose or flaccid body fat.
2. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
3. An alloy of mercury with another metal (usually silver) used by dentists to fill cavities in teeth.
4. Intentionally so written (used after a printed word or phrase).
5. Capital and largest city of the Czech Republic.
6. Sweet liqueur made from wine and brandy flavored with plum or peach or apricot kernels and bitter almonds.
7. The Palestinian uprising (beginning in 1987) against the Israeli occupation of the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
8. A crown-like jewelled headdress worn by women on formal occasions.
9. An island in Indonesia east of Java.
10. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
11. Top part of an apron.
12. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
13. An attendant who carries the golf clubs for a player.
14. An inflammatory swelling or sore.
15. A genus of Pyralidae.
22. The sciences concerned with gathering and manipulating and storing and retrieving and classifying recorded information.
24. (heraldry) Looking forward.
26. Understatement for rhetorical effect (especially when expressing an affirmative by negating its contrary).
28. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
32. A radioactive transuranic element.
34. High status importance owing to marked superiority.
36. A genus of herbs and shrubs belonging to the family Euphorbiaceae.
37. Impressive in appearance.
40. Seed of a pea plant.
41. Unable to relax or be still.
42. How a result is obtained or an end is achieved.
43. A loose cloak with a hood.
44. Rendered competent through trial and experience.
48. (anatomy) Situated farthest from point of attachment or origin, as of a limb or bone.
50. Suitable for use as food.
51. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
52. A small stalk bearing a single flower of an inflorescence.
54. A unit of magnetic flux density equal to one weber per square meter.
58. The form of RNA that attaches the correct amino acid to the protein chain that is being synthesized at the ribosome of the cell (according to directions coded in the mRNA).
63. A medicinal drug used to evoke vomiting (especially in cases of drug overdose or poisoning).
65. Wet with secreted or exuded moisture such as sweat or blood or tears.
66. The cardinal number that is the sum of four and one.
68. Either extremity of something that has length.
72. (Greek mythology) The Muse of comedy and pastoral poetry.
76. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
78. A domed or vaulted recess or projection on a building especially the east end of a church.
80. An enclosure made or wire or metal bars in which birds or animals are kept.
81. A state in New England.
82. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
83. (Old Testament) The eldest son of Isaac who would have inherited the Covenant that God made with Abraham and that Abraham passed on to Isaac.
85. Any of various small biting flies.
86. Being nothing more than specified.
87. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
90. Electronic equipment that provides visual images of varying electrical quantities.
91. A fixed charge for a privilege or for professional services.
94. A state in midwestern United States.
96. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
98. A soft yellowish-white trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.