1. Waterproofed canvas.
5. A mixture of gases (mostly methane) that form in coal mines and become explosive when mixed with air.
13. A lump on the body caused by a blow.
17. The basic unit of money in Cambodia.
18. Someone who lingers aimlessly in or about a place.
19. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
20. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
21. Situated away from an area's coast or border.
22. King of Wessex whose military victories made Wessex the most powerful kingdom in England (died in 839).
23. Someone who prefers negotiations to armed conflict in the conduct of foreign relations.
25. An African grass economically important as a cereal grass (yielding white flower of good quality) as well as for forage and hay.
27. A university in Connecticut.
28. (plate tectonic theory) A hypothetical continent including all the landmass of the earth prior to the Triassic period when it split into Laurasia and Gondwanaland.
30. An area of sand sloping down to the water of a sea or lake.
32. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
34. A state in New England.
35. One million periods per second.
37. Wearing boots.
41. Cheap and shoddy.
47. Port city in northwest Portugal.
48. A local and habitual twitching especially in the face.
49. Experiencing a sudden sense of danger.
51. A legally binding command or decision entered on the court record (as if issued by a court or judge).
52. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
54. British informal term.
55. Very dark black.
56. Remaining after all deductions.
57. (Sumerian) Consort of Dumuzi (Tammuz).
59. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
62. To patch up or renovate.
63. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
64. A tool or machine used for wearing down or smoothing or polishing.
65. Any place of complete bliss and delight and peace.
66. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
69. A New England state.
70. The work of caring for or attending to someone or something.
71. Instructed and encouraged in moral, intellectual, and spiritual improvement.
74. (zoology) Lacking a tail or taillike appendage.
77. A river that rises in central Germany and flows north to join the Elbe River.
80. A public promotion of some product or service.
81. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
82. Any of several complex proteins that are produced by cells and act as catalysts in specific biochemical reactions.
86. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
90. The part of the alimentary canal between the stomach and the anus.
91. Subdue, restrain, or overcome by affecting with a feeling of awe.
94. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
96. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
97. Station where transport vehicles load or unload passengers or goods.
98. A small cake leavened with yeast.
100. Irritate or vex.
101. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
102. Related on the mother's side.
103. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
104. A usually soluble substance for staining or coloring e.g. fabrics or hair.
1. A device in which something (usually an animal) can be caught and penned.
2. A river in northern England that flows southeast through West Yorkshire.
3. A summary that repeats the substance of a longer discussion.
4. A sign posted in a public place as an advertisement.
5. A usually brief attempt.
6. Region of western Asia Minor colonized by Ancient Greeks.
7. German poet (born in Austria) whose imagery and mystic lyricism influenced 20-th century German literature (1875-1926).
8. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
9. An appreciable consequence (especially a lessening).
10. A unit of dry measure used in Egypt.
11. A state in New England.
12. Manufactured in standard sizes to be shipped and assembled elsewhere.
13. The early stage of growth or development.
14. The chief solid component of mammalian urine.
15. Common black European thrush.
16. Liver or meat or fowl finely minced or ground and variously seasoned.
24. A town in north central Oklahoma.
26. A heavy ductile magnetic metallic element.
29. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
31. Brick that is laid sideways at the top of a wall.
33. Mixed with water.
36. Photographic equipment consisting of a lightproof box with a lens at one end and light-sensitive film at the other.
38. Island in West Indies.
39. More of the same adv.
40. Rare plover of upland areas of Eurasia.
42. A feast day and the seven days following it.
43. A member of a North American Indian people of central Arizona.
44. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
45. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
46. Dragonflies and damselflies.
50. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
53. Vacuously or complacently and unconsciously foolish.
58. A metric unit of length equal to one billionth of a meter.
60. A dull persistent (usually moderately intense) pain.
61. Popular dance music of Brazil.
67. A master's degree in fine arts.
68. A resource.
72. Out of fashion.
73. A lateen-rigged sailing vessel used by Arabs.
75. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
76. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
78. Frogs, toads, tree toads.
79. A member of the Nahuatl people who established an empire in Mexico that was overthrown by Cortes in 1519.
83. Divisible by two.
84. The officer below the master on a commercial ship.
85. United States labor organizer who ran for President as a socialist (1855-1926).
87. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
88. Open to or abounding in fresh air.
89. A body of (usually fresh) water surrounded by land.
92. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
93. Decay usually accompanied by an offensive odor.
95. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
96. An aggressive and violent young criminal.
99. A radioactive element of the actinide series.