1. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
4. The act of hitting vigorously.
9. Capital of Vanuatu.
13. In favor of (an action or proposal etc.).
16. (Irish) The sea personified.
17. Long-tailed brilliantly colored parrot of Central and South America.
18. Rounded like an egg.
19. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
20. A gum resin used as a yellow pigment and a purgative.
22. Somewhat ill or prone to illness.
24. The second larges of the four main islands of Japan.
25. An elaborate song for solo voice.
26. The mistake of not following suit when able to do so.
27. Affect with wonder.
29. Money demanded for the return of a captured person.
32. A farewell remark.
34. The part of the eye that contains the iris and ciliary body and choroid.
36. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
38. The muscular back part of the shank.
42. English writer who settled in Norway after World War II (1899-1960).
45. A bachelor's degree in architecture.
50. A tangible symbol signifying approval or distinction.
51. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
52. The United Nations agency concerned with the interests of labor.
53. Ruined by overcooking.
54. Used of a single unit or thing.
55. The academic world.
58. A manner of performance.
59. A decorative musical accompaniment (often improvised) added above a basic melody.
62. East Indian cereal grass whose seed yield a somewhat bitter flour, a staple in the Orient.
63. A police officer who investigates crimes.
64. Someone who escapes.
65. One millionth of a gram.
66. A rapid series of short loud sounds (as might be heard with a stethoscope in some types of respiratory disorders).
69. (dialect) A short straight stick of wood.
72. A public promotion of some product or service.
76. Income from capital investment paid in a series of regular payments.
77. English aristocrat who was the first wife of Prince Charles.
80. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
82. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
83. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
84. Trailing grass native to Europe now cosmopolitan in warm regions.
86. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
90. Primitive predaceous North American fish covered with hard scales and having long jaws with needle-like teeth.
91. Moving quickly and lightly.
94. The capital of Western Samoa.
96. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
97. Water frozen in the solid state.
98. Diving ducks of North America having a bluish-gray bill.
99. A Swiss patriot who lived in the early 14th century and who was renowned for his skill as an archer.
100. A small piece of cloth.
101. (Greek mythology) The winged goddess of the dawn in ancient mythology.
102. A member of the Siouan people of the Kansas river valley in Kansas.
103. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
104. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
1. British composer (1857-1934).
2. A crown-like jewelled headdress worn by women on formal occasions.
3. German hero.
4. The United Nations agency concerned with the international collection of meteorological data.
5. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
6. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
7. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
8. A festival featuring African-American culture.
9. A Russian river.
10. Overgrown with ivy.
11. A local computer network for communication between computers.
12. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
13. Humble request for help.
14. Harass with persistent criticism or carping.
15. A slender double-reed instrument.
21. The dialect of Sotho spoken by the Basotho.
23. That is to say.
28. A depository for collecting and displaying objects having scientific or historical or artistic value.
30. A representation of common ground between theories or phenomena.
31. A state in New England.
33. Being nine more than ninety.
35. Wear away through erosion or vaporization.
37. Type genus of the family Tridacnidae.
39. Not rotten.
40. A shorter form of rondeau.
41. Be earlier in time.
43. Not disposed to cheat or defraud.
44. An agency of the United Nations that promotes education and communication and the arts.
46. An enclosed space.
47. Large swift fly the female of which sucks blood of various animals.
48. (sport) Used of your own ground.
49. A metallic element of the rare earth group.
56. A large fleet.
57. Suggestive of the supernatural.
60. A small tent used as a dressing room beside the sea or a swimming pool.
61. A long projecting or anterior elongation of an animal's head.
67. Characterized by lightness and insubstantiality.
68. Someone who is regarded as contemptible.
70. Genus of North American and east Asian perennial herbs.
71. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
73. Having a woven pattern.
74. East Indian tree that puts out aerial shoots that grow down into the soil forming additional trunks.
75. The hulled and crushed grain of various cereals.
78. Small tropical American tree bearing edible plumlike fruit.
79. Extensive landed property (especially in the country) retained by the owner for his own use.
81. A promontory in northern Morocco opposite the Rock of Gibraltar.
85. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
87. A city in northern India.
88. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
89. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
92. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
93. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
95. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.