1. Informal abbreviation of `representative'.
4. The handle of a weapon or tool.
8. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
12. Money in the form of bills or coins.
16. A lyric poem with complex stanza forms.
17. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
18. Beyond what is natural.
19. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
20. An edge tool used to cut and shape wood.
21. The compass point that is one point east of northeast.
22. An impudent or insolent rejoinder.
23. A sudden short attack.
24. One of the evil spirits of traditional Jewish and Christian belief.
26. The upper end of a bitt.
28. A Mid-Atlantic state on the Atlantic.
29. A family of fish in the order Zeomorphi.
31. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
32. Baby bed with high sides.
34. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
38. A republic on the island of Malta in the Mediterranean.
41. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
42. Being nine more than ninety.
43. A long thin fluffy scarf of feathers or fur.
45. Health care for the aged.
46. Of or relating to or characteristic of the Republic of Chad or its people or language.
48. A gate or bar across a toll bridge or toll road which is lifted when the toll is paid.
50. Wild and domestic cattle.
51. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
52. Having been read.
53. A bachelor's degree in science.
56. The local time at the 0 meridian passing through Greenwich, England.
57. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
60. Move with a sibilant sound.
62. A region of northeastern France famous for its wines.
65. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in Missouri in the valleys of the Missouri and Osage rivers.
68. On or toward the lee.
69. Female ruff v 1.
72. Having an eye or eyes or eyelike feature especially as specified.
73. (British slang) An absolute certainty.
74. Pertaining to or resembling amoebae.
77. Merchandise issued for sale or public showing (especially a record or film).
79. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
82. Any of various evergreen plants of the genus Pavonia having white or yellow or purple flowers.
84. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
85. Swedish oceanographer who recognized the role of the Coriolis effect on ocean currents (1874-1954).
86. The hair growing on the lower part of a man's face.
90. Any woodland plant of the genus Anemone grown for its beautiful flowers and whorls of dissected leaves.
93. In an unnatural eery manner.
95. The cry made by sheep.
96. An acute inflammatory disease occurring in the intestines of premature infants.
97. Wood of any of various maple trees.
99. Type genus of the Amiidae.
100. A container.
101. The products of human creativity.
102. A unit of current equal to 10 amperes.
103. Any of the three Fates or goddesses of destiny.
104. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
1. Taking place over public roads.
2. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
3. Type genus of the Pezizaceae.
4. The capital city of Vietnam.
5. Make amendments to.
6. Extremely pleasing.
7. 100 thebe equal 1 pula.
8. A rapid bustling commotion.
9. A detested person.
10. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
11. Ratio of the hypotenuse to the opposite side.
12. Of or relating to the heart.
13. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
14. The front part of the human leg between the knee and the ankle.
15. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
25. The capital of the Mexican state of Yucatan.
27. German hero.
30. A city and port in northern Jutland.
33. Divulge information or secrets.
35. Swedish chemist (born in Germany) who discovered oxygen before Priestley did (1742-1786).
36. Agile long-tailed nocturnal African lemur with dense woolly fur and large eyes and ears.
37. An edge between a sidewalk and a roadway consisting of a line of curbstones (usually forming part of a gutter).
39. (usually in the plural) A garment extending from the waist to the knee or ankle, covering each leg separately.
40. One who professes great sensitivity to the beauty of art and nature.
44. A spread made chiefly from vegetable oils and used as a substitute for butter.
47. Lower in esteem.
49. A bachelor's degree in religion.
54. A Scandinavian kingdom in the eastern part of the Scandinavian Peninsula.
55. The grasses.
58. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
59. Bright and pleasant.
61. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
63. Evergreen Indian shrub with vivid yellow flowers whose bark is used in tanning.
64. A mild comatose state.
66. East Indian annual erect herb.
67. Apache chieftain who raided the white settlers in the Southwest as resistance to being confined to a reservation (1829-1909).
70. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
71. An uproarious party.
75. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
76. Activity involved in maintaining something in good working order.
78. Of or relating to Libya or its people.
80. Laborer who works in a mine.
81. Upright in position or posture.
83. Any of various large tropical carnivorous lizards of Africa Asia and Australia.
87. A French abbot.
88. Water falling in drops from vapor condensed in the atmosphere.
89. A native or inhabitant of Denmark.
91. Tag the base runner to get him out.
92. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
94. (Irish) The sea personified.
98. A unit of luminous flux equal to the amount of light given out through a solid angle of 1 steradian by a point source of 1 candela intensity radiating uniformly in all directions.