1. An acute inflammatory disease occurring in the intestines of premature infants.
4. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
9. The capital and chief port of Qatar.
13. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
16. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
17. A popular island resort in the Netherlands Antilles.
18. In bed.
19. British informal term.
20. A state of difficulty that needs to be resolved.
22. A coterie of undesirable people.
24. The universal time coordinated when an event is received on Earth.
25. An associate degree in nursing.
26. Plants having flowers in umbels.
31. A Loloish language.
32. An illicitly distilled (and usually inferior) alcoholic liquor.
34. The cardinal number that is the sum of four and one.
40. A person you know well and regard with affection and trust.
43. Type genus of the Ranidae.
44. French aviator who in 1909 made the first flight across the English Channel (1872-1936).
48. A condensed but memorable saying embodying some important fact of experience that is taken as true by many people.
49. A theocratic republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
50. A battle in 1800 in which the French under Napoleon Bonaparte won a great victory over the Austrians.
51. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
52. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
54. The act of drawing or hauling something.
55. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
56. One thousand periods per second.
58. Hinge joint in the human leg connecting the tibia and fibula with the femur and protected in front by the patella.
62. The sacred city of Lamaism.
64. A drawing illustrating the relations between certain quantities plotted with reference to a set of axes.
66. Lower in esteem.
68. Suggestive of the supernatural.
72. A Kwa language spoken in Ghana and the Ivory Coast.
73. The capital and largest city of Ghana with a deep-water port.
75. A chemical substance that is present at the start of a chemical reaction.
77. Boiled or baked buckwheat.
79. The district occupied entirely by the city of Washington.
82. The cry made by sheep.
83. A public promotion of some product or service.
84. Remove from the bar.
86. English monk and scholar (672-735).
90. Not reflecting light.
95. A bachelor's degree in naval science.
96. A naturally occuring glyceride of oleic acid that is found in fats and oils.
97. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
99. United States musician (born in Japan) who married John Lennon and collaborated with him on recordings (born in 1933).
100. An associate degree in applied science.
101. Type genus of the Percidae.
102. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
103. Worthless or oversimplified ideas.
104. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
1. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
2. Earn on some commercial or business transaction.
3. Electronic equipment that provides visual images of varying electrical quantities.
4. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
5. The chief solid component of mammalian urine.
6. Like or containing small stick lumps.
7. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
8. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
9. (British) An open river valley (in a hilly area).
10. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
11. Of or concerning this.
12. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
13. Hear, usually without the knowledge of the speakers.
14. One of a set of small pieces of stiff paper marked in various ways and used for playing games or for telling fortunes.
15. A book of the New Testament.
21. A landlocked principality in the Himalayas northeast of India.
23. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
27. Being one more than one.
28. (chemistry) Being or containing an acid.
29. A communist state in Indochina on the South China Sea.
30. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
33. Toward the mouth or oral region.
35. An ache localized in the middle or inner ear.
36. A software system that facilitates the creation and maintenance and use of an electronic database.
37. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
38. An ignorant or foolish person.
39. A one-piece cloak worn by men in ancient Rome.
41. A member of the Samoyedic people living on the Taimyr peninsula in Siberia.
42. Marked by excessive self-indulgence and moral decay.
45. North American yellow-breasted songbirds.
46. Any plant of the genus Eryngium.
47. An aggressive and violent young criminal.
53. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on the sea or ships.
57. A person afflicted with psychosis.
59. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
60. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
61. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
63. A river that rises in northeastern Turkey (near the source of the Euphrates) and flows generally eastward through Armenia to the Caspian Sea.
65. A river in northeastern Brazil that flows generally northward to the Atlantic Ocean.
67. The peninsula and island in the Philippines where Japanese forces besieged American forces in World War II.
69. A soft silver-white or yellowish metallic element of the alkali metal group.
70. Someone paddling a canoe.
71. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
74. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
76. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
78. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
80. Of or relating or belonging to a city.
81. The compass point that is one point north of due east.
85. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
87. A program under which employees regularly accumulate shares and may ultimately assume control of the company.
88. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
89. On, to, or at the top.
91. Syndrome resulting from a serious acute (sometimes fatal) infection associated with the presence of staphylococcus.
92. The younger of two major political parties in the United States.
93. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
94. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
98. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.