1. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
4. A magic power or magic spell.
8. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
12. Deeply moved.
16. The capital and largest city of Japan.
17. A republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
18. Any of various minerals consisting of hydrous silicates of aluminum or potassium etc. that crystallize in forms that allow perfect cleavage into very thin leaves.
19. Beside one another in a row or rank.
20. A decree that prohibits something.
21. Genus of North American and east Asian perennial herbs.
23. The occurrence of a change for the worse.
25. Relating to or situated in or characteristic of the tropics (the region on either side of the equator).
27. Type genus of the Percidae.
29. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
30. A brittle gray crystalline element that is a semiconducting metalloid (resembling silicon) used in transistors.
31. Small long-bodied short-legged German breed of dog having a short sleek coat and long drooping ears.
32. Made uninhabitable.
34. Being one hundred more than three hundred.
36. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
37. Talk idly or casually, in a friendly way.
40. A band worn around or over the head.
45. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
46. Petty quarrel.
50. An inflammatory disease involving the sebaceous glands of the skin.
51. From fermented juice of black morello cherries.
53. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
55. One or some or every or all without specification.
56. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on land.
57. A river in Germany.
59. (nautical) Of an anchor.
61. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
63. A conspicuous disparity or difference as between two figures.
65. Stable gear consisting of either of two curved supports that are attached to the collar of a draft horse and that hold the traces.
66. A dead body that has been brought back to life by a supernatural force.
68. Capital of Nigeria in the center of the country.
70. Armor plate that protects the chest.
71. An associate degree in nursing.
72. South American cavy.
75. Pick out, select, or choose from a number of alternatives.
80. Pertaining to or containing any of a group of organic compounds of nitrogen derived from ammonia.
82. Panel forming the lower part of an interior wall when it is finished differently from the rest.
83. A Mid-Atlantic state.
84. East Indian evergreen tree bearing very acid fruit.
86. The Magadhan language spoken by the Assamese people.
91. Pertaining to or resembling amoebae.
94. 4-wheeled motor vehicle.
95. A city in north central Morocco.
96. Jordan's port.
98. Type genus of the Anatidae.
99. (informal) Of the highest quality.
100. Having a toe or toes of a specified kind.
101. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
102. A small cake leavened with yeast.
103. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.
1. The state of owing money.
2. The sixth month of the civil year.
3. French biochemist who (with Francois Jacob) explained how genes are activated and suggested the existence of messenger RNA (1910-1976).
4. (British) A minicar used as a taxicab.
5. Any of various herbaceous plants of the genus Atriplex that thrive in deserts and salt marshes.
6. A sharp hand gesture (resembling a blow).
7. Similar to the giraffe but smaller with much shorter neck and stripe on the legs.
8. An Asian river between China and Russia.
9. (computer science) A kind of computer architecture that has a large number of instructions hard coded into the cpu chip.
10. Being nine more than ninety.
11. An informal term for a father.
12. Any of 12 kings of ancient Egypt between 1315 and 1090 BC.
13. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
14. North Atlantic sea poacher.
15. Thick woolen fabric used for clothing.
22. The sediment from fermentation of an alcoholic beverage.
24. By bad luck.
26. Softened by the addition of cushions or padding.
28. Little known Kamarupan languages.
33. United States physiologist (born in Germany) who did research on parthenogenesis (1859-1924).
35. A polygon with 10 sides and 10 angles.
38. One who works hard at boring tasks.
39. Shrubby tree widely distributed along tropical shores.
41. A communist state in Indochina on the South China Sea.
42. A state in northwestern North America.
43. (Babylonian) A goddess of the watery deep and daughter of Ea.
44. A small amount of residue.
47. An ideal instance.
48. Give life-like qualities to.
49. Set in type.
52. Minute blackish gregarious flies destructive to mushrooms and seedlings.
54. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
58. British dominion over India (1757-1947).
60. A proposition deducible from basic postulates.
62. Not only so, but.
64. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
67. A small skullcap.
69. Enter or assume a certain state or condition.
73. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
74. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
76. A member of the Sioux people formerly inhabiting an area along the Missouri river in western North Dakota.
77. (biology) Covered with hairs especially fine soft ones.
78. An alloy of copper and zinc (and sometimes arsenic) used to imitate gold in cheap jewelry and for gilding.
79. Doglike nocturnal mammal of Africa and southern Asia that feeds chiefly on carrion.
80. A public promotion of some product or service.
81. A rotary duplicator that uses a stencil through which ink is pressed (trade mark Roneo).
82. A sign of assent or salutation or command.
85. A motor vehicle with two wheels and a strong frame.
87. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
88. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
89. Noisy talk.
90. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
92. A light touch or stroke.
93. Extremely pleasing.
97. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.