1. An enclosure made or wire or metal bars in which birds or animals are kept.
5. Money in the form of bills or coins.
9. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
13. A communist nation that covers a vast territory in eastern Asia.
16. Starch resembling sago that is obtained from cuckoopint root.
17. A married German woman.
18. Exhibiting or restored to vigorous good health.
19. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
20. Person who does no work.
21. A large Yoruba city in southwestern Nigeria.
23. Characterized by dignity and propriety.
25. Located in or toward the back or rear.
28. Shrub bearing oval-fruited kumquats.
30. (usually followed by `to') Naturally disposed toward.
32. The act of slowing down or falling behind.
33. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
37. Before noon.
39. Have supper.
41. Realistic Norwegian author who wrote plays on social and political themes (1828-1906).
43. A correctional institution used to detain persons who are in the lawful custody of the government (either accused persons awaiting trial or convicted persons serving a sentence).
45. A decree that prohibits something.
47. Acute ulceration of the mucous membranes of the mouth or genitals.
49. United States tennis player who was the first Black to win United States and English singles championships (1943-1993).
50. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
51. Brake consisting of a combination of interacting parts that work to slow a motor vehicle.
53. The seventh month of the civil year.
55. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
56. Freedom from difficulty or hardship or effort.
57. Evergreen Indian shrub with vivid yellow flowers whose bark is used in tanning.
62. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
63. An upright tripod for displaying something (usually an artist's canvas).
64. Emblem usually consisting of a rectangular piece of cloth of distinctive design.
65. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
66. Food mixtures either arranged on a plate or tossed and served with a moist dressing.
67. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
68. Canna grown especially for its edible rootstock from which arrowroot starch is obtained.
72. A toxic nonmetallic element related to sulfur and tellurium.
73. (of securities) Not quoted on a stock exchange.
76. Any of numerous ornamental shrubs grown for their showy flowers of various colors.
79. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
81. Included seven times in every 19 years.
84. An acute viral disease of the nervous system of warm-blooded animals (usually transmitted by the bite of a rabid animal).
87. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
90. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
92. Offering fun and gaiety.
93. An ancient Assyrian city on the River Tigris and traditional capital of Assyria.
95. Of relatively small extent from one surface to the opposite or in cross section.
97. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
98. Of a quality, as in.
99. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
100. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
101. Used of a single unit or thing.
1. A mound of stones piled up as a memorial or to mark a boundary or path.
2. Type genus of the Ardeidae.
3. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
4. A green transparent form of beryl.
5. A radioactive transuranic element.
6. An elaborate song for solo voice.
7. A midnight meeting of witches to practice witchcraft and sorcery.
8. A member of a North American people formerly living in the Colorado river valley in Arizona.
9. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
10. Airtight sealed metal container for food or drink or paint etc..
11. Being nine more than forty.
12. Remove salt from.
13. A cloth having a crisscross design.
14. An investment trust that owns and manages a pool of commercial properties and mortgages and other real estate asssets.
15. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
22. An audiotape recording of sound.
24. Sorting and allocating aid on the basis of need for or likely benefit from medical treatment or food.
26. A category in some early taxonomies.
27. The capital of Switzerland.
29. A state in New England.
31. A warm dry wind that blows down the northern slopes of the Alps.
34. State in northeastern India.
35. The battle in 1356 in which the English under the Black Prince defeated the French.
36. Trees and shrubs having berries or drupes or capsules as fruits.
38. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
40. The square of a body of any size of type.
42. The commonest type of solidified lava.
44. (Greek mythology) Greek god of war.
46. Of or in or relating to the nose.
48. Squash bugs.
52. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
54. A strong emotion.
58. The capital and largest city of Liechtenstein.
59. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
60. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
61. The ninth month of the Hindu calendar.
69. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
70. Having a claw or claws.
71. A member of either of two Shoshonean peoples (Northern Paiute and Southern Paiute) related to the Aztecs and living in southwestern United States.
72. An associate degree in nursing.
74. Someone given to teasing (as by mocking or stirring curiosity).
75. A Louisianian descended from Acadian immigrants from Nova Scotia (`Cajun' comes from `Acadian').
77. An anti-TNF compound (trade name Arava) that is given orally.
78. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
80. Jordan's port.
82. Any of a group of Indic languages spoken in Kashmir and eastern Afghanistan and northern Pakistan.
83. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
85. Not fake or counterfeit.
86. A natural protective covering of the body.
87. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
88. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
89. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
91. Experiencing or showing sorrow or unhappiness.
92. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
94. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
96. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.