1. (computer science) The rate at which data is transferred (as by a modem).
4. Having or showing knowledge and skill and aptitude.
9. Preparatory school work done outside school (especially at home).
13. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
16. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
17. A genus of Pyralidae.
18. A three-tone Chadic language.
19. Having any of numerous bright or strong colors reminiscent of the color of blood or cherries or tomatoes or rubies.
20. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
21. (anatomy) Of or relating to the ilium.
22. The act of scanning.
23. (informal) Roused to anger.
24. Marked by excessive enthusiasm for and intense devotion to a cause or idea.
26. Stout-bodied insect with large membranous wings.
28. Tropical tree of Central America and West Indies and Puerto Rico having spikes of white flowers.
30. A strong north wind that blows in France during the winter.
32. Rise or heave upward under the influence of a natural force, as on a wave.
34. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
40. The sixth month of the civil year.
41. Of or like a cecum.
45. An associate degree in nursing.
46. Closed with a lace.
48. Relating to or concerned with a city or densely populated area.
50. Dutch astronomer who proved that the galaxy is rotating and proposed the existence of the Oort cloud (1900-1992).
52. A cordial disposition.
53. An area of ground used for some particular purpose (such as building or farming).
55. A formation of people or things one beside another.
56. The network in the reticular formation that serves an alerting or arousal function.
57. Veloute or brown sauce with sauteed chopped onion and dry white wine and sour cream.
59. A local computer network for communication between computers.
60. The basic unit of money in Peru.
62. Russian Soviet leader.
63. A toxic protein extracted from castor beans.
65. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
66. Last or greatest in an indefinitely large series.
68. A state in New England.
69. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
70. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
71. The period of time during which you are absent from work or duty.
76. Tree of southeastern Asia to Australia grown primarily for its sweet edible fruit resembling litchi nuts.
78. Pertaining to or resembling amoebae.
82. Common black-and-gray Eurasian bird noted for thievery.
84. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
85. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
89. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
90. Of or relating to alga.
93. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
94. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
95. Red pear-shaped tropical fruit with poisonous seeds.
97. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
100. An informal debt instrument.
101. A cry or noise made to express displeasure or contempt.
102. A group of biological taxa or species that share features inherited from a common ancestor.
103. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
104. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
1. Massive plantigrade carnivorous or omnivorous mammals with long shaggy coats and strong claws.
2. Having nine hinged bands of bony plates.
3. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
4. (chemistry) Being or containing an acid.
5. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
6. A legally binding command or decision entered on the court record (as if issued by a court or judge).
7. A treeless grassy plain.
8. Genus of tropical plants with creeping rootstocks and small umbellate flowers.
9. An anxiety disorder associated with serious traumatic events and characterized by such symptoms as guilt about surviving or reliving the trauma in dreams or numbness and lack of involvement with reality or recurrent thoughts and images.
10. Cast again, in a different role.
11. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
12. (plate tectonic theory) A hypothetical continent including all the landmass of the earth prior to the Triassic period when it split into Laurasia and Gondwanaland.
13. A large fleet.
14. A large quantity of written matter.
15. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
25. A hostel for pilgrims in Turkey.
27. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
29. (spoken slang) Unfashionable and boring.
31. An enclosed space.
33. Comb-plate or locomotor organ consisting of a row of strong cilia whose bases are fused.
35. Resoluteness by virtue of being unyielding and inflexible.
36. Based on racial intolerance.
37. A republic in southeastern Europe on the Adriatic coast of the Balkan Peninsula.
38. A river in northeastern Brazil that flows generally northward to the Atlantic Ocean.
39. Of or relating to antennae.
42. American Revolutionary patriot.
43. Place restrictions on.
44. Of or relating to or involving an area.
47. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
49. A yellow pungent volatile oil (trade name Agene) formerly used for bleaching and aging flour.
51. A can with a long nozzle to apply oil to machinery.
54. A vitamin that maintains the resistance of cell and capillary walls to permeation.
58. A radioactive element of the alkali-metal group discovered as a disintegration product of actinium.
61. Evoke or call forth, with or as if by magic.
64. A medicinal drug used to evoke vomiting (especially in cases of drug overdose or poisoning).
67. Small often spiny insectivorous mammal of Madagascar.
68. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
72. Type genus of the Alcedinidae.
73. New Zealand timber tree resembling the cypress.
74. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
75. The ratio of the circumference to the diameter of a circle.
77. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
79. A republic on the island of Malta in the Mediterranean.
80. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
81. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
83. A platform raised above the surrounding level to give prominence to the person on it.
86. A sudden short attack.
87. Very dark black.
88. Largest known toad species.
91. Having leadership guidance.
92. A unit of force equal to the force exerted by gravity.
96. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
98. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
99. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.