1. (music) The pace of music measured by the number of beats occurring in 60 seconds.
4. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
9. A complex red organic pigment containing iron and other atoms to which oxygen binds.
13. A state-chartered savings bank owned by its depositors and managed by a board of trustees.
16. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
17. A wrong action attributable to bad judgment or ignorance or inattention.
18. A genus of Mustelidae.
19. The month following March and preceding May.
20. An advantageous purchase.
21. Tropical American tree producing cacao beans.
22. Extremely robust.
23. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
24. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
26. A genetic abnormality resulting in short stature.
27. Used of locations.
29. In the Arabian Nights a hero who tells of the fantastic adventures he had in his voyages.
31. A metric unit of volume equal to one tenth of a liter.
33. Overly eager speed (and possible carelessness).
34. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
36. A pause or interruption (as in a conversation).
38. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
40. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
43. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
44. Capital and largest city and economic center of Peru.
47. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
49. Spanish painter best known for his portraits (1746-1828).
51. Any of numerous ornamental shrubs grown for their showy flowers of various colors.
52. A unit of electrical power in an AC circuit equal to the power dissipated when 1 volt produces a current of 1 ampere.
56. Being ten more than thirty.
57. A state in northwestern North America.
60. Port city on southern Honshu on Osaka Bay.
63. An unfortunate person who suffers from some adverse circumstance.
64. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
65. Small tropical American tree bearing edible plumlike fruit.
66. (used especially of persons) Having lived for a relatively long time or attained a specific age.
67. Of or relating to inertia.
70. A long thin fluffy scarf of feathers or fur.
72. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
73. A tumor consisting of a mixture of tissues not normally found at that site.
75. A vigorous blow.
76. Of or relating to or characteristic of ancient Carthage or its people or their language.
77. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
79. Any high mountain.
82. Of or belonging to an aecium.
86. The mission in San Antonio where in 1836 Mexican forces under Santa Anna besieged and massacred American rebels who were fighting to make Texas independent of Mexico.
90. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
92. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
94. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
95. Black tropical American cuckoo.
98. A local and well-defined elevation of the land.
100. The United Nations agency concerned with the interests of labor.
101. An informal term for a father.
102. Excessively fat.
103. The highest level or degree attainable.
104. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
105. The eleventh month of the civil year.
1. Wild ox.
2. United States physicist (born in Austria) who proposed the exclusion principle (thus providing a theoretical basis for the periodic table) (1900-1958).
3. Indian tree having fragrant nocturnal white flowers and yielding a reddish wood used for planking.
4. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
5. The father of your father or mother.
6. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
7. An utterance expressing pain or disapproval.
8. (botany) Relating to a plant of the family Araceae.
9. God of dawn and light.
10. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring in the air.
11. (Greek mythology) God of love.
12. A member of the Manchu speaking people of Mongolian race of Manchuria.
13. The lowermost sail on the mainmast.
14. A light spar that crosses a fore-and-aft sail diagonally.
15. A support that steadies or strengthens something else.
25. Capital of Nigeria in the center of the country.
28. One of two flaps attached to a cap to keep the ears warm.
30. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
32. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
35. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
37. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
39. Align anew or better.
41. A disreputable vagrant.
42. An acute viral disease of the nervous system of warm-blooded animals (usually transmitted by the bite of a rabid animal).
45. Of or relating to Mexico or its inhabitants.
46. A city and port in northern Jutland.
48. A tonic or restorative (especially a drink of liquor).
50. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
53. A large truck designed to carry heavy loads.
54. Jordan's port.
55. A river in southeastern Australia that flows generally northwest to join the Darling River.
58. An elongated leather strip (or or strip of similar material) for binding things together or holding something in position.
59. Fishtail palm of India to Malay Peninsula.
61. Of or relating to the stomach and intestines.
62. Offering fun and gaiety.
66. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
68. Disposed to please.
69. A cord that is drawn through eyelets or around hooks in order to draw together two edges (as of a shoe or garment).
71. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
74. A garment that covers the head and face.
78. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
80. A Russian river.
81. Marked by the reception of pay.
83. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
84. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
85. Concerning those not members of the clergy.
87. An elaborate song for solo voice.
88. A public area set aside as a pedestrian walk.
89. A slender double-reed instrument.
91. A light touch or stroke.
93. Any of various trees of the genus Ulmus.
96. Conforming to truth.
97. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
99. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).