1. A unit of electrical resistance equal to the resistance between two points on a conductor when a potential difference of one volt between them produces a current of one ampere.
4. An honorary arts degree.
9. The basic unit of money in Western Samoa.
13. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
16. Perennial herb of East India to Polynesia and Australia cultivated for its large edible root yielding Otaheite arrowroot starch.
17. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
18. In bed.
19. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
20. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
21. Having the same or similar characteristics.
23. Lower in esteem.
25. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
29. Greek mythology.
30. Deciduous South African tree having large odd-pinnate leaves and profuse fragrant orange-yellow flowers.
33. Romanian violinist and composer (1881-1955).
36. (of persons) Highest in rank or authority or office.
39. A master's degree in library science.
43. A brittle gray crystalline element that is a semiconducting metalloid (resembling silicon) used in transistors.
44. Of or relating to or characteristic of Malaysia.
48. Any thick messy substance.
50. An ancient Assyrian city on the River Tigris and traditional capital of Assyria.
51. A radioactive gaseous element formed by the disintegration of radium.
52. (Jungian psychology) The inner self (not the external persona) that is in touch with the unconscious.
53. French romantic writer (1766-1817).
54. Like or characteristic of or befitting a sister.
57. A broad flat muscle on either side of the back.
58. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
60. The dialect of Ancient Greek spoken in Thessaly and Boeotia and Aeolis.
63. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
65. A genus of Scolopacidae.
66. A side road little traveled (as in the countryside).
67. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
68. Constituting the undiminished entirety.
69. A state in New England.
70. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
71. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
73. A state in New England.
76. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
78. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
79. An Anatolian language.
87. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
90. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
91. Having the leading position or higher score in a contest.
93. Used of idealized country life.
95. Blood cells that engulf and digest bacteria and fungi.
96. Suggestive of the supernatural.
97. Little known Kamarupan languages.
98. An accountant certified by the state.
99. Towards the side away from the wind.
100. Squash bugs.
101. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
102. An associate degree in applied science.
1. A translucent mineral consisting of hydrated silica of variable color.
2. The dressed skin of an animal (especially a large animal).
3. Large bamboo having thick-walled culms.
4. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
5. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
6. A crystalline metallic element not found in nature.
7. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
8. Surrealist Spanish painter (1904-1989).
9. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
10. Assist or encourage, usually in some wrongdoing.
11. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
12. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
13. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
14. A domed or vaulted recess or projection on a building especially the east end of a church.
15. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
22. Unable to relax or be still.
24. An employee who mixes and serves alcoholic drinks at a bar.
26. (Jewish) Roasted fowl intestines with a seasoned filling of matzo meal and suet.
27. Leafless East Indian vine.
28. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
31. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
32. A public promotion of some product or service.
34. Having testicles or ovaries removed.
35. A nonmetallic univalent element.
37. The range within which a voice can be heard.
38. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
40. Small depression under the shoulder joint where the arm joins the shoulder.
41. Belgian cosmologist who proposed the big-bang theory of the origin of the universe (1894-1966).
42. A thief who grabs and runs.
45. Giving confidence.
46. Without qualification.
47. A state in northwestern United States on the Pacific.
49. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
55. A fully differentiated structural and functional unit in an animal that is specialized for some particular function.
56. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
59. A New England state.
61. Long-bodied long-tailed tropical American wildcat.
62. Speak one's opinion without fear or hesitation.
64. A member of a North American Indian people of southeastern California and northwestern Mexico.
72. A city in western Germany near the Dutch and Belgian borders.
74. A person who announces and plays popular recorded music.
75. Type genus of the Caricaceae.
77. (Greek mythology) A princess of Colchis who aided Jason in taking the Golden Fleece from her father.
80. A French abbot.
81. A cord that is drawn through eyelets or around hooks in order to draw together two edges (as of a shoe or garment).
82. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
83. A platform raised above the surrounding level to give prominence to the person on it.
84. Avatar of Vishnu.
85. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
86. A quantity that is added.
88. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
89. Type genus of the Anatidae.
92. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
94. Electronic equipment that provides visual images of varying electrical quantities.