1. Deeply moved.
5. An elaborate song for solo voice.
9. Type genus of the Amiidae.
13. (Judaism) Sacred chest where the ancient Hebrews kept the two tablets containing the Ten Commandments.
16. A river that rises in northeastern Turkey (near the source of the Euphrates) and flows generally eastward through Armenia to the Caspian Sea.
17. The central meaning or theme of a speech or literary work.
18. City in northern Austria on the Danube.
19. Common black-and-gray Eurasian bird noted for thievery.
20. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
21. Great coolness and composure under strain.
23. Capital and largest city of Cuba.
25. Pertaining to or containing any of a group of organic compounds of nitrogen derived from ammonia.
27. A violent hot sand-laden wind on the deserts of Arabia and North Africa.
29. An island of central Hawaii.
30. A summary that repeats the substance of a longer discussion.
31. Before noon.
32. Deciduous shrub widely cultivated for its white or pink or red flowers.
34. A state in New England.
36. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
39. The territory of Athens in ancient Greece.
45. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
47. Being one more than six.
48. A river that rises in western New Mexico and flows westward through southern Arizona to become a tributary of the Colorado River.
49. Qualities that attract by seeming to promise some kind of reward.
50. Permeate or impregnate.
53. (archaic) Of persons.
57. True firs.
59. An area in which something acts or operates or has power or control.
60. Small genus of Eurasian aquatic perennial herbs.
61. Capital and largest city of Italy.
62. A master's degree in fine arts.
64. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
65. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
67. Type genus of the Annonaceae.
69. A native or inhabitant of Iran.
71. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
72. (Old Testament) Cain and Abel were the first children of Adam and Eve born after the Fall of Man.
75. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
78. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
83. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
86. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
87. The herd of horses from which those to be used the next day are chosen.
89. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
90. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
91. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
93. An Eskimo hut.
94. The basic unit of money in Iran.
95. An implement used to propel or steer a boat.
96. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.
97. A distinctive odor that is offensively unpleasant.
98. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
1. Measuring instrument in which the echo of a pulse of microwave radiation is used to detect and locate distant objects.
2. An edilbe seaweed with a mild flavor.
3. An overwhelming feeling of fear and anxiety.
4. A huge destructive wave (especially one caused by an earthquake).
5. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
6. A handsaw for cutting with the grain of the wood.
7. Muslims collectively and their civilization.
8. (physics and chemistry) The smallest component of an element having the chemical properties of the element.
9. American dramatist (1928- ).
10. Destruction of heart tissue resulting from obstruction of the blood supply to the heart muscle.
11. Antibacterial drug (trade name Nydrazid) used to treat tuberculosis.
12. Any of numerous ornamental shrubs grown for their showy flowers of various colors.
13. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
14. Type genus of the Ranidae.
15. The basic unit of money in China.
22. A member of the North American Indian people living in the central Sierra Nevada in California.
24. A heavenly place (peaceful and beautiful) where those who are favored by the gods can go when they die.
26. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
28. Being one more than fifty.
33. Measure of the US economy adopted in 1991.
35. A person trained to travel in a spacecraft.
37. Any plant of the genus Caragana having even-pinnate leaves and mostly yellow flowers followed by seeds in a linear pod.
38. Of or relating to or forming or attached to a skeleton.
40. The distinctive property of a complex sound (a voice or noise or musical sound).
41. The inner and thicker of the two bones of the human leg between the knee and ankle.
42. How long something has existed.
43. Russian ballet dancer (1910-1998).
44. (Norse mythology) Goddess of old age who defeated Thor in a wrestling match.
46. The state of being decayed or destroyed.
51. To make the subject of dispute, contention, or litigation.
52. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
54. Of or relating to Oman or its people.
55. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
56. A city in southeastern Spain.
58. The mountain peak that Noah's ark landed on as the waters of the great flood receded.
63. King of Saudi Arabia since 1982 (born in 1922).
66. Short broad silique occurring in some cruciferous plants.
67. A handsaw for cutting with the grain of the wood.
68. Waterfall in Canada is the Horseshoe Falls.
69. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
70. Walk unsteadily, as of small children.
71. A state in New England.
73. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
74. Person who does no work.
76. A measuring instrument for measuring and indicating a quantity or for testing conformity with a standard.
77. A dark region of considerable extent on the surface of the moon.
78. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
79. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
80. (British) Traditional jazz as revived in the 1950s.
81. A very light colorless element that is one of the six inert gasses.
82. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
83. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
84. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
85. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
88. Black-and-white short-necked web-footed diving bird of northern seas.
89. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
92. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.