1. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
5. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
9. Someone who is regarded as contemptible.
13. Extremely pleasing.
16. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
17. Pompous or pretentious talk or writing.
18. Radioactive iodine test that measures the amount of radioactive iodine taken up by the thyroid gland.
19. A rapid bustling commotion.
20. English lexicographer who was a joint editor of the Oxford English Dictionary (1872-1966).
21. God of the underworld and judge of the dead.
23. Airtight sealed metal container for food or drink or paint etc..
24. Affected manners intended to impress others.
25. Travel up, "We ascended the mountain".
27. The action of an armed force that surrounds a fortified place and isolates it while continuing to attack.
28. A doctor's degree in religion.
29. A northeastern Iranian language spoken in Russia.
32. A state in New England.
34. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
35. A sliver-white metallic element of the platinum group that resembles platinum.
36. A dull persistent (usually moderately intense) pain.
37. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
40. At right angles to the length of a ship or airplane.
43. A family of Sino-Tibetan languages spoken in southeastern Asia.
44. A brittle gray crystalline element that is a semiconducting metalloid (resembling silicon) used in transistors.
46. A disreputable vagrant.
48. Small toothless anteater with prehensile tale and four-clawed forelimbs.
51. A silvery malleable metallic element that resists corrosion.
52. Italian violin maker in Cremona.
54. The first of three divisions of the Hebrew Scriptures comprising the first five books of the Old Testament considered as a unit.
55. The wife of a sheik.
58. Counting the number of white and red blood cells and the number of platelets in 1 cubic millimeter of blood.
59. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
62. The compass point that is one point north of due west.
63. Covered with paving material.
65. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
68. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
69. Someone who copies the words or behavior of another.
72. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
74. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
76. (of tempo) Leisurely n.
79. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
84. A city in south central Belgium situated on a promontory between the Meuse River and the Sambre River.
85. An ancient town on Crete where Bronze Age culture flourished from about 2000 BC to 1400 BC.
88. A branch of the Tai languages.
89. African antelope with ridged curved horns.
91. Of or associated with or requiring the use of the mind.
92. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
93. A landlocked republic in northwestern Africa.
94. Marked by or showing unaffected simplicity and lack of guile or worldly experience.
96. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
99. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
100. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
101. A large mass of ice floating at sea.
102. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. A Portuguese province on the south coast of China and two islands in the South China Sea.
2. Cricket frogs.
3. United States newspaper publisher whose introduction of large headlines and sensational reporting changed American journalism (1863-1951).
4. Come into existence.
5. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
6. Humble request for help.
7. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
8. Colloquial British abbreviation.
9. Island in West Indies.
10. A person who is under the protection or in the custody of another.
11. Being one more than two.
12. A bunch of hair or feathers or growing grass.
13. Having facets.
14. A condensed but memorable saying embodying some important fact of experience that is taken as true by many people.
15. Having had the bones removed.
22. A constellation in the equatorial region of the northern hemisphere near Ophiuchus and Corona Borealis.
26. A protective structure resembling a scale.
28. A Greek island west of Greece.
30. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
31. Not fake or counterfeit.
33. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
38. An engagement fought between two military forces.
39. Botfly larva.
41. Lewd or obscene talk or writing.
42. Any of several cultivated grapevines that produce sweet white grapes.
44. A bin that holds rubbish until it is collected.
45. (Sumerian) Consort of Dumuzi (Tammuz).
47. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
49. The mission in San Antonio where in 1836 Mexican forces under Santa Anna besieged and massacred American rebels who were fighting to make Texas independent of Mexico.
50. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
53. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
56. Half the width of an em.
57. A festival featuring African-American culture.
60. Tropical American tree producing cacao beans.
61. Slightly open.
64. A river in central Brazil that flows generally northward (with many falls) to join the Tocantins River.
66. (informal) Of the highest quality.
67. Having or showing markings that resemble veins.
70. 100 pfennigs equal 1 Deutsche Mark.
71. A successful stroke in an athletic contest (especially in baseball).
73. A young woman.
75. An East Indian sailor.
77. Any of various hard resins from trees of the family Dipterocarpaceae and of the genus Agathis.
78. More than enough in size or scope or capacity.
80. The dried fibrous part of the fruit of a plant of the genus Luffa.
81. Of silk fabric.
82. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
83. Jordan's port.
86. A toxic nonmetallic element related to sulfur and tellurium.
87. A thrusting blow with a knife.
90. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
95. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
97. One thousand grams.
98. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.