1. The principal activity in your life that you do to earn money.
4. Food mixtures either arranged on a plate or tossed and served with a moist dressing.
9. Having a long narrow cut.
13. Headdress that protects the head from bad weather.
16. An extension at the end and at right angles to the main building.
17. Any plant of the genus Erica.
18. Give over.
19. An inflated feeling of pride in your superiority to others.
20. (Britain) Flat semisweet cookie or biscuit usually served with tea.
22. 40th President of the United States (1911- ).
24. The month following July and preceding September.
25. Formerly a term of respect for important white Europeans in colonial India.
26. Basic principles of the cosmos.
27. Greek mythology.
29. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
31. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
32. (Old Testament) Cain and Abel were the first children of Adam and Eve born after the Fall of Man.
34. Informal terms for a mother.
36. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
42. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
44. United States abolitionist (1786-1865).
48. A theocratic republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
49. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
50. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
53. (folklore) Fairies that are somewhat mischievous.
55. A hard malleable ductile silvery metallic element that is resistant to corrosion.
56. (the feminine of raja) A Hindu princess or the wife of a raja.
57. Bundle of rods containing an axe with the blade protruding.
60. (computer science) A system of world-wide electronic communication in which a computer user can compose a message at one terminal that is generated at the recipient's terminal when he logs in.
62. The compass point that is one point north of due east.
63. Land received by fee tail v 1.
64. An enclosure made or wire or metal bars in which birds or animals are kept.
66. Rise or heave upward under the influence of a natural force, as on a wave.
67. An enzyme that catalyzes the conversion of a proenzyme to an active enzyme.
69. A brittle silver-white metalloid element that is related to selenium and sulfur.
70. Male hawk especially male peregrine or gyrfalcon.
74. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
77. A small bottle that contains a drug (especially a sealed sterile container for injection by needle).
80. The act of scanning.
83. Epithet of Siva.
87. Obvious and dull.
88. An accidental happening.
90. An Eskimo hut.
92. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
93. The compass point that is one point south of due west.
94. A manicurist who trims the fingernails.
95. Plants with sword-shaped leaves and erect stalks bearing bright-colored flowers composed of three petals and three drooping sepals.
96. The sound made by a gentle blow.
97. How long something has existed.
98. Lower in esteem.
99. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
100. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
1. Atmospheric discharges (lasting 10 msec) bursting from the tops of giant storm clouds in blue cones that widen as they flash upward.
2. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
3. (informal usage) A general feeling of boredom and dissatisfaction.
4. A cylindrical drawstring bag used by sailors to hold their clothing and other gear.
5. (Judaism) Sacred chest where the ancient Hebrews kept the two tablets containing the Ten Commandments.
6. A German art song of the 19th century for voice and piano.
7. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
8. A unit of elastance equal to the reciprocal of a farad.
9. A fraudulent business scheme.
10. (law) A gift of personal property by will.
11. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
12. A game played with rackets by two or four players who hit a ball back and forth over a net that divides the court.
13. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
14. A fit of shivering.
15. A one-piece cloak worn by men in ancient Rome.
21. Stout-bodied insect with large membranous wings.
23. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
28. Type genus of the Anhimidae.
30. Nocturnal mouselike mammal with forelimbs modified to form membranous wings and anatomical adaptations for echolocation by which they navigate.
33. A human limb.
35. Resoluteness by virtue of being unyielding and inflexible.
37. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
38. A habitual liar (after a New Testament character who was struck dead for lying).
39. (of linens or clothes) Smoothed with a hot iron.
40. Cheese melted with ale or beer served over toast.
41. An informal alliance between countries.
43. Someone who rejects the established culture.
45. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
46. A composition written in metrical feet forming rhythmical lines.
47. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
51. Water accumulated in the bilge of a ship.
52. Alsatian artist and poet who was cofounder of Dadaism in Zurich.
54. The sign language used in the United States.
58. A high-kicking dance of French origin performed by a female chorus line.
59. Duck of the northern hemisphere much valued for the fine soft down of the females.
61. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
65. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
68. Tall tender clumping bamboos.
71. 1 species.
72. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
73. Resembling the new moon in shape.
75. Large west African tree having large palmately lobed leaves and axillary cymose panicles of small white flowers and one-winged seeds.
76. Being eight more than fifty.
78. Hungarian choreographer who developed Labanotation (1879-1958).
79. Run away secretly with one's beloved.
81. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
82. A domed or vaulted recess or projection on a building especially the east end of a church.
84. A sensation (as of a cold breeze or bright light) that precedes the onset of certain disorders such as a migraine attack or epileptic seizure.
85. In the Roman calendar.
86. A city in northern India.
89. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
91. A statement that deviates from or perverts the truth.