1. The bags of letters and packages that are transported by the postal service.
5. Air pollution by a mixture of smoke and fog.
9. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
13. The syllable naming the first (tonic) note of any major scale in solmization.
16. A river in central Italy rising in the Apennines and flowing through Florence and Pisa to the Ligurian Sea.
17. An African antelope closely related to the waterbuck.
18. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
19. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
20. A long (usually sleeveless) tunic of chain mail formerly worn as defensive armor.
21. (Sumerian) Consort of Dumuzi (Tammuz).
23. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
24. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
25. Inflammation of a gland or lymph node.
28. Being nine more than forty.
29. A republic on the southwestern corner of the Arabian Peninsula on the Indian Ocean.
30. Of or relating to or characteristic of the Republic of Chad or its people or language.
32. A Loloish language.
34. Carry out or participate in an activity.
36. (Greek mythology) One of the three Graces.
40. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
41. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
43. Acute lung injury characterized by coughing and rales.
45. (Norse mythology) One of the Aesir known for his beauty and skill with bow and skis.
46. An acute inflammatory disease occurring in the intestines of premature infants.
51. A milkshake made with malt powder.
52. A unit of apothecary weight equal to an eighth of an ounce or to 60 grains.
54. The length of a straight line passing through the center of a circle and connecting two points on the circumference.
56. Person who does no work.
58. A derogatory term used by Jews to refer to non-Jewish women.
61. United States baseball player.
62. South African plant widely cultivated for its showy pure white spathe and yellow spadix.
63. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
64. An alliance made up of states that had been Soviet Socialist Republics in the Soviet Union prior to its dissolution in Dec 1991.
65. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
67. Kamarupan languages spoken in northeastern India and western Burma.
70. A soft silver-white ductile metallic element (liquid at normal temperatures).
71. An empire in South Asia created by Cyrus the Great in the 6th century BC and destroyed by Alexander the Great in the 4th century BC.
75. (Judaism) Not conforming to dietary laws.
78. Japanese ornamental tree with fragrant white or pink blossoms and small yellow fruits.
79. An awkward stupid person.
81. Tropical American plants with basal rosettes of fibrous sword-shaped leaves and flowers in tall spikes.
84. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
87. Praise, glorify, or honor.
91. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
94. The act of consuming food.
95. Psychoactive substance present in marijuana.
96. A quantity of no importance.
97. A small cake leavened with yeast.
99. Belonging to some prior time.
100. Take in solid food.
101. Advanced in years.
102. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
103. Not far distant in time or space or degree or circumstances.
1. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
2. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
3. Used to manufacture fructose and in assessing kidney function.
4. Any plant or flower of the genus Lobelia.
5. A worker who applies spray to a surface.
6. A city in northeastern China.
7. (informal) Being satisfactory or in satisfactory condition.
8. A former British gold coin worth 21 chillings.
9. The small projection of a mammary gland.
10. Of or related to the amnion or characterized by developing an amnion.
11. The capital of the Democratic Republic of the Congo on the Congo river opposite Brazzaville.
12. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
13. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
14. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
15. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
22. (Akkadian) A goddess.
26. A graphical record of electric currents associated with muscle contractions.
27. 1 species.
31. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
33. A mining town in southern Wales.
35. A cgs unit of work or energy.
37. King of the Visigoths who captured Rome in 410 (370-410).
38. Invalid or incorrect reasoning.
39. Characterized by an inability to mask your feelings.
42. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
44. African tree with edible yellow fruit resembling mangos.
47. Providing coolness.
48. Do wrongly or improperly.
49. A member of an extinct North American Indian people who lived in the Pit river valley in northern California.
50. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
53. A tan discoloration of a woman's face that is associated with pregnancy or with the use of oral contraceptives.
55. Administration of a nutritionally adequate solution through a catheter into the vena cava.
57. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
59. Valuable fiber plant of East Indies now widespread in cultivation.
60. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
66. Pouch used in the shipment of mail.
67. A city in northeastern China.
68. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
69. A measure of explosive power (of an atomic weapon) equal to that of one million tons of TNT.
70. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
72. That is to say.
73. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
74. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
76. Type genus of the Ranidae.
77. A severe shortage (especially a shortage of food).
80. A bachelor's degree in religion.
83. Having or showing keen interest or intense desire or impatient expectancy.
85. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
86. Consideration in dealing with others and avoiding giving offence.
87. English essayist (1775-1834).
88. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
89. Type genus of the Anatidae.
90. Not only so, but.
92. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
93. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
98. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.