1. A person regarded as greedy and pig-like.
4. The capital and largest city of Jordan.
9. A town and port in northwestern Israel in the eastern Mediterranean.
13. The compass point that is one point west of due south.
16. A metal-bearing mineral valuable enough to be mined.
17. Of a pale to moderate grayish violet color n.
18. A beckoning gesture.
19. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
20. Anything that provides inspiration for later work.
22. The beach at a seaside resort.
24. Moth having nonfunctional mouthparts as adults.
26. True gudgeons.
28. annoy continually or chronically.
29. (the feminine of raja) A Hindu princess or the wife of a raja.
30. Igneous rock produced by eruption and solidified on or near the earth's surface.
32. A promontory in northern Morocco opposite the Rock of Gibraltar.
34. A traditional Japanese system of unarmed combat.
36. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
38. A port city in southwestern Turkey on the Gulf of Antalya.
41. (usually followed by `to') Not having the necessary means or skill or know-how.
44. An informal term for a father.
46. A radioactive transuranic metallic element.
47. Unknown god.
48. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
51. A city in southern Finland.
54. An analytic or interpretive literary composition.
56. A region of northeastern Italy on the Adriatic.
58. A White Protestant of Anglo-Saxon ancestry.
59. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
61. (Norse mythology) A huge ash tree whose roots and branches hold the earth and heaven and hell together.
63. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
65. Supply with notes.
66. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
69. Take in solid food.
70. Roman goddess of night.
71. God of death.
73. Diabetes caused by a relative or absolute deficiency of insulin and characterized by polyuria.
74. Elevated open grassland in southern Africa.
78. The basic monetary unit of most members of the European Union (introduced in 1999).
80. An inflammatory complication of leprosy that results in painful skin lesions on the arms and legs and face.
82. Lie adjacent to another.
86. (dentistry) A filling consisting of a solid substance (as gold or porcelain) fitted to a cavity in a tooth and cemented into place.
90. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
91. Fly a plane.
92. Indigo bush.
93. A complex red organic pigment containing iron and other atoms to which oxygen binds.
95. Not easy.
97. Distant but within sight.
98. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
99. A large bundle bound for storage or transport.
100. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
101. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
1. Scottish writer of rustic verse (1770-1835).
2. Chocolate cookie with white cream filling.
3. Genus of South African or Asiatic herbs.
4. Before noon.
5. A diagrammatic representation of the earth's surface (or part of it).
6. Money extracted as a penalty.
7. A genus of Indriidae.
8. A desert in southern Israel.
9. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
10. A republic in eastern Africa.
11. One thousand periods per second.
12. Bubble shells.
13. Notably out of the ordinary.
14. (Scotland) A slope or hillside.
15. Articles of the same kind or material.
21. French revolutionary who was prominent in the early days of the French Revolution (1749-1791).
23. Divisible by two.
25. Offering fun and gaiety.
27. The act of spending or disbursing money.
31. Liquid excretory product.
33. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
35. Generalized edema with accumulation of serum in subcutaneous connective tissue.
37. One of 7 to 12 sons of Aditi.
39. An optically inactive alcohol that is a component of the vitamin B complex.
40. A sudden loss of consciousness resulting when the rupture or occlusion of a blood vessel leads to oxygen lack in the brain.
42. Manufactured in standard sizes to be shipped and assembled elsewhere.
43. An inflammatory disease involving the sebaceous glands of the skin.
45. (of spatial position) In or brought into line with or into proper relative position.
49. Evergreen Indian shrub with vivid yellow flowers whose bark is used in tanning.
50. A very light colorless element that is one of the six inert gasses.
52. A sharp blow.
53. Large African antelope with long straight nearly upright horns.
55. The compass point that is one point east of due south.
57. (biology) Of unlike parts or organs.
60. A group of Plains Indians formerly living in what is now North and South Dakota and Nebraska and Kansas and Arkansas and Louisiana and Oklahoma and Texas.
62. Decay usually accompanied by an offensive odor.
64. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
67. Founder of Buddhism.
68. Reprehensible acquisitiveness.
72. (Old Testament) A son of Jacob and forefather of one of the tribes of Israel.
75. English essayist (1775-1834).
76. Find repugnant.
77. The inner and longer of the two bones of the human forearm.
79. Czech dramatist and statesman whose plays opposed totalitarianism and who served as president of Czechoslovakia from 1989 to 1992 and president of the Czech Republic since 1993 (born in 1936).
81. Mild form of diabetes mellitus that develops gradually in adults.
83. Any of various edible seeds of plants of the family Leguminosae.
84. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
85. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.
87. (Welsh) Corresponds to Iris Ler.
88. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
89. A member of an extinct North American Indian people who lived in the Pit river valley in northern California.
94. A Russian river.
96. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.